OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac's effort has been hot and cold. He's shown when he puts forth the effort he can do what he did before, but he's playing like he's going through the motions.

But down the stretch he had some better plays and better effort. So that was good.
I don't think it's the effort, he just looks slow footed and has no lift on his shot, it almost makes you wonder if he's playing with some sort of injury.

no lift in general...really didnt expect this from him.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

He looks reaaaally out of shape
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject:

I think he might be putting weights underneath his socks.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Regressing a bit from last SPL/Real Season to this SPL.

Not sure what's going on. But he's getting exposed the the P&R out in the perimeter. Offensively, I'm actually fine with him. He makes the right cuts, still can finish with a soft touch around the rim. And I like the rim running for easy buckets.

But hasn't controlled def rebounds - Don't remember one offensive board all SPL.
Capt.Skyhook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Good thing we saw Zu last season because I would be ready to write him off after this SL showing.

He has zero explosiveness and has struggled to get off shots against all of these centers. He also isn't much of a factor defensively, where last year he showed traits of someone who could guard the middle.

I was big fan of Zu last season because he played like a "big" man. But now he looks like an "old" man. I really don't have a lot of problems with the effort he is giving; he just seems physically overmatched.

He has tons of work to do if he wants to earn any minutes this season.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

It's a good thing the Lakers have an all-star caliber center because if the Lakers had to rely on Zubac this year.. they'd be in trouble. Idk what happened to him this summer league but he looks all sorts of discombobulated lol.

He still shows promise. I'm actually a little more comfortable with Thomas Bryant right now at the backup than I am Zubac.. and I'm a huge Zubac fan.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

He still has three months to make it back. And can we get Kareem in to coach him soon?
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
It's a good thing the Lakers have an all-star caliber center because if the Lakers had to rely on Zubac this year.. they'd be in trouble. Idk what happened to him this summer league but he looks all sorts of discombobulated lol.

He still shows promise. I'm actually a little more comfortable with Thomas Bryant right now at the backup than I am Zubac.. and I'm a huge Zubac fan.

Me too.

Bryant is used to playing faced up to the basket. Just looks more comfortable out there. And he plays with a little chip on his shoulder - loved the trash talking I heard over the TV after TB's block on that little dude.

Zub better watch his back - someone is coming after his job.

You would think Tarik Black would benefit off of Ball's lobs in P&R but I think it's safe to assume Randle will play a ton of backup C.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:02 pm    Post subject:

In the game Monday against the Kings he had a nice post move where I was like.. okay! Lol. It was like a step through little hook shot.

Get him a rosin bag because he's fumbling passes left and right
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Me too.

Bryant is used to playing faced up to the basket. Just looks more comfortable out there. And he plays with a little chip on his shoulder - loved the trash talking I heard over the TV after TB's block on that little dude.

You would think Tarik Black would benefit off of Ball's lobs in P&R but I think it's safe to assume Randle will play a ton of backup C.

I never liked Tarik Black lol. He was a great dude.. played with alot of hustle and whatever.. but the skill level wasn't there for me. I thought his decision making was terrible. Idk I just didn't like him lol. He was a darling on here though.. so what do I know.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Kava wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Me too.

I never liked Tarik Black lol. He was a great dude.. played with alot of hustle and whatever.. but the skill level wasn't there for me. I thought his decision making was terrible. Idk I just didn't like him lol. He was a darling on here though.. so what do I know.

Nance might be the better option..offensively
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject:

He did have a double-double tonight 13 points and 10 rebounds.
TheGoat1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm just shocked by what we are witnessing from Zubac. He looks like a totally different player than the guy we saw last Summer and this past Season. Holy Cow I don't know what happened to his motor, agility, and skill...its like the Space Jam plot or something with him getting stuffed left and right. Whatever is going on with him, hopefully he figures it out and gets it right before the fall.

If not, I just don't see Luke putting him out there in good conscience.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

I think Zubac needs to lose some weight. It seems to be weighing him down. I don't think it's conditioning based on how much they say he's been working out so the only answer seems to be that he put on too much muscle and his body hasn't caught up to it.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
I think Zubac needs to lose some weight. It seems to be weighing him down. I don't think it's conditioning based on how much they say he's been working out so the only answer seems to be that he put on too much muscle and his body hasn't caught up to it.

Strength/weight aren't the same as conditioning. I don't think he's in NBA condition yet, and I also think there is still some rust there.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
He did have a double-double tonight 13 points and 10 rebounds.

First double digit rebounding game. The first four games he was averaging 2.2 rebounds per game without a single offensive rebound. Against Sac he was credit with zero rebounds in 23 minutes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Pretty much agree with all your points above.

It is disappointing, he seems really to be a step slow and non-explosive.

He knows how to play, but I think he needs to do a complete conditioning overhaul and start running the floor a lot better.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

We need to do to him what Memphis did to Marc Gasol.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Man he seems to have some dead legs. No lift whatsoever.

If he's struggling against SPL comp, he's going to be picked apart with PnRs and switches.
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

Surprisingly, he has looked awful this summer.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We need to do to him what Memphis did to Marc Gasol.

How did Memphis do whatever they did to Marc Gasol?
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject:

Not sure why people think Zu lost agility/speed, from last year, to this year. One of the things he was supposed to work on, from last year, was his agility, speed, strength, and conditioning. He was never an explosive leaper, but last year he displayed a soft touch around the rim, a decent face up jumper, and rim protection.

While his jumper still looks good, everything else that he was supposed to get better at, doesn't seem to have happened, which is extremely disappointing, seeing as how he became a quick fan-favorite, with his aggressiveness at protecting the paint.

I'm in agreement that Thomas Bryant has shown more during the Summer League, than Zubac, who has taken a step backward.

Still have hope for Zu, but no room for sideline cheerleaders, on a rebuilding team. Hope Zu elevates his play between now, and the regular season.

ZOOM!!!!!!!!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

If I had to hypothesize why he declined in mobility, movement, lift this summer league, I'm guessing some of it has to do with his diet. The shift from a traditional Croatian diet (Meditarrean style) to trash like In-and-out, various fast food chains is one of reasons dudes who come from overseas gain weight quickly.That (bleep) wrecks the brain, body and induces fast weight gain in susceptible people. He looks much more sluggish than he did least year. There were some sequences where he was mentally out of it. I really do think reverting back to his traditional diet can help. Not saying they are emphasizing unhealthy eating, but we've seen how some of these guys eat and it's really bad. Agramer can even chime in on this.

Of course this is just all mindless speculation. I'd be happy to be wrong.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject:

KD said OKC provided meals or cooked for the players right? At leastper Paul George that is what he said.

The Lakers should do something similar for the players. Meal prep, provide meals after practice, after games. Something just to keep them fed with clean food.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject:

I think with Brook Lopez on hand, a legit 20ppg scorer, the 2nd unit will be a sleeker and faster group. I think in order to get Kuzma some minutes, they may have a run/gun 2nd unit that puts Nance at "center" with Lonzo and Kuzma so the bigs are constantly running out.

Truly hoping for Zub's continued growth, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing less than 15mpg.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 188, 189, 190 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 189 of 290
Jump to: