OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 266, 267, 268  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 15491
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Minnesota's also a good matchup for him.


Is this kind of like how the basketball is a bad matchup for Brook Lopez when it comes to rebounding it?
_________________
Hurry back, LeBron!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 33448

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Zubac won't play like that every night but as long as he puts forth that type of effort and hustle he deserves more playing time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 17359

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:41 am    Post subject:

Trevacious2 wrote:
Shaber wrote:
I always believed in Zubac. If there is a big who can consistently hit a hook shot and play solid D....

History tells us, that sort of thing can make a big man a big unstoppable.


Especially when that big man works with Kareem and Bill Bertka on said skyhook.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18141
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

I remember being very disappointed with Summer League and some of his early cameo appearances this season. I was happy to see Zu doing great in the G League though and I still think it was a good move to have him there getting a lot of minutes.

The real eye opener for me though was watching Zubac bang up against Adams in the few minutes he was given the most recent OKC game. This is where I'd swear Zubac is stronger than he was last year. I thought that guy would chew Zubac up. Adams is strong af around the basket. To me it looked like Zubac held his ground battling Adams and then some.

Sure, Zu only went 2 for 6, but he grabbed 5 rebounds in his 17 minutes, meanwhile Adams finished 4 for 11 on the night and was pretty much neutralized when Zubac was out there. Am I seeing this right??

So to me this Minnesota performance is more than just a one game anomaly. Zubac needs more playing time. I hope Luke breaks his little pencil and finds a new one. It frustrates the hell out of me that Brook Lopez closed that game when he was playing stretch 5 poorly with only 2 rebound in 25 minutes, while Zubac was shooting 100%, scoring 19 points and 11 rebounds for all of his 19:58 of playing time against the very same opponents that Brook was laying an egg against. I can see a short breather, but whatever happened to playing the hot hand to close the game?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7952
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Future hall of famer!
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 4373

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Who needs AD when you have the zuuu? Start him over Lopez and see what he can bring. Our young team is really coming together. Hart, Kuz, Ingram, Jules now Zu. We make our own superstars just like GSW and Cleveland did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13732
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

I just want a video with Kevin Harlan saying NO!....... YES!!!!!!!!!
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
D. Sharp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 862

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
I just want a video with Kevin Harlan saying NO!....... YES!!!!!!!!!


Ask and ye shall receive.

With all the love Kevin was giving Zu last night, I wish he dunked on someone - that might've gotten a "...WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
crackadon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Aug 2013
Posts: 688

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
danzag wrote:
I just want a video with Kevin Harlan saying NO!....... YES!!!!!!!!!


Ask and ye shall receive.

With all the love Kevin was giving Zu last night, I wish he dunked on someone - that might've gotten a "...WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!"


Hahaha. Man, Kevin Harlan was hyped on Zu. I was dying after that "No!......Yes!!!!!" moment. Freaking hilarious.

(Sidenote: I used to hate Harlan because I thought it was all a shtick and it would irritate me so much. Then one day it hit me: that man genuinely loves basketball and it gets him amped up. Ball is life!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 26023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject:

If Frye does have appendicitis (haven't seen it sourced, but some are mentioning it in the FA thread), then more minutes for the Zu I suppose.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

New years resolution suggestion: I will try to root for all Lakers players, not just my favorite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17805

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Minnesota's also a good matchup for him.


Is this kind of like how the basketball is a bad matchup for Brook Lopez when it comes to rebounding it?

Yes, Brook has always struggled as a rebounder for his position in the pros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 26023

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Minnesota's also a good matchup for him.


Is this kind of like how the basketball is a bad matchup for Brook Lopez when it comes to rebounding it?

Yes, Brook has always struggled as a rebounder for his position in the pros.


Don't count your rebounds before they're hatched.
Let's see how Zu does in the following games.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

New years resolution suggestion: I will try to root for all Lakers players, not just my favorite.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 17359

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 5095
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.


Frye is out for the season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8932
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:07 am    Post subject:

Is Lopez or Pope in our plans? I think probably not. In that case ZU should be given a chance with the potential I have always seen in him I would like to see him in a 3 man rotation with Randle and Kuz at the 4 and 5.
Ball and Thomas along with Hart at the guard spots in another 3 man rotation. With BI at the 3. ZU and Hart can get a good 27/28 minutes a game. Not holding my breath however...
_________________
Just wondering how PG-13 and Randle with Bron would be doing right about now.....?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fansince79
Rookie
Rookie


Joined: 07 Nov 2017
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
Is Lopez or Pope in our plans? I think probably not. In that case ZU should be given a chance with the potential I have always seen in him I would like to see him in a 3 man rotation with Randle and Kuz at the 4 and 5.
Ball and Thomas along with Hart at the guard spots in another 3 man rotation. With BI at the 3. ZU and Hart can get a good 27/28 minutes a game. Not holding my breath however...


Exactly. Pope and Lopez are FA after this season. If the Lakers don't plan to resign them, then give more minutes to Zubac, Thomas, and Hart to finish this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60485
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Fansince79 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Is Lopez or Pope in our plans? I think probably not. In that case ZU should be given a chance with the potential I have always seen in him I would like to see him in a 3 man rotation with Randle and Kuz at the 4 and 5.
Ball and Thomas along with Hart at the guard spots in another 3 man rotation. With BI at the 3. ZU and Hart can get a good 27/28 minutes a game. Not holding my breath however...


Exactly. Pope and Lopez are FA after this season. If the Lakers don't plan to resign them, then give more minutes to Zubac, Thomas, and Hart to finish this season.


Can't just do that. It looks bad to ruin player worth in a FA year but severely cutting down their minutes unless they rightfully deserve it.

IT and Lopez earned their 20-30mpg.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13732
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

D. Sharp wrote:
danzag wrote:
I just want a video with Kevin Harlan saying NO!....... YES!!!!!!!!!


Ask and ye shall receive.

With all the love Kevin was giving Zu last night, I wish he dunked on someone - that might've gotten a "...WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!"


Thank you very much, this is fantastic
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 129517
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.


Frye is out for the season?


Yes, it is going to take 2 months for his wife to have a baby.




<sarcasm>
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 14856

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.


Frye is out for the season?


Yes, it is going to take 2 months for his wife to have a baby.




<sarcasm>


He had an appendectomy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PRLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2016
Posts: 9875

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.


Frye is out for the season?


Yes, it is going to take 2 months for his wife to have a baby.




<sarcasm>


Swing and a miss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 129517
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:
Frye out for rest of the reason.

No excuse for Luke not to give Zu minutes now.


Frye is out for the season?


Yes, it is going to take 2 months for his wife to have a baby.




<sarcasm>


He had an appendectomy.


And his wife is having a baby
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 8932
Location: Maui & Saint-Tropez, and sailing the south seas...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Fansince79 wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
Is Lopez or Pope in our plans? I think probably not. In that case ZU should be given a chance with the potential I have always seen in him I would like to see him in a 3 man rotation with Randle and Kuz at the 4 and 5.
Ball and Thomas along with Hart at the guard spots in another 3 man rotation. With BI at the 3. ZU and Hart can get a good 27/28 minutes a game. Not holding my breath however...


Exactly. Pope and Lopez are FA after this season. If the Lakers don't plan to resign them, then give more minutes to Zubac, Thomas, and Hart to finish this season.


Can't just do that. It looks bad to ruin player worth in a FA year but severely cutting down their minutes unless they rightfully deserve it.

IT and Lopez earned their 20-30mpg.



How does the Deng situation look?

IT should play, along with Ball and Hart as I mentioned.......
Lopez and Pope are as good as gone, it's a business, they still get those hefty pay checks, they will survive I am guessing, they have shown what they can or cannot contribute by this time anyways.
_________________
Just wondering how PG-13 and Randle with Bron would be doing right about now.....?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5075
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

I would think going into next year we will see more of a Zubac/Bryant presence, with a re-signed Randle getting the PF and small ball center minutes. I'd really like to see Ball and Zubac together, to see if Ball can get Zubac lots of easy baskets.

A thought though is if Zubac does indeed get a lot of minutes and shows well; if the Lakers need to move Deng, an improved Zubac and the Cav's first round pick might be what is dealt to shed the contract.
_________________
LAKERS 2018-2019: A NEW HOPE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 10016

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Frye self-Deng himself?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 204, 205, 206 ... 266, 267, 268  Next
Page 205 of 268
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB