OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Zu, what happened?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Zubac is killing me. There is no way he's in the rotation once Wagner comes back.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

He's honestly worse than Robert Sacre or tied with Sacre. He's ridiculously garbage. By far the softest 7 footer in the league, my goodness, the sight of another player near him has him shook. He either travels, rushes the shot or drops the ball. Aside from Brogdon, that entire 2016 2nd round was garbage so I can't even say it was a wasted pick.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Goodbye Zu. Wagner coming for dat azz
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Better game from him today. Once he got his rhythm he seemed more like what we've come to expect.

They'll need to look for him more when he seals the other center under the basket though. Watching him seal the other center on their side of the ball only for his teammate to throw a cross court pass in the other direction was cringe, but they'll hopefully get that down.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Disappointed in his defense. He couldn’t even guard Plumlee. Imagine if it was Jokic on him instead.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Plumlee benefitted a lot from nobody helping the helper on rotations. Center would go to stop the guard's drive, no one would rotate over to cover Plumlee, and he got an easy 2 each time.

That was the far glaring problem I saw from the team.

No communication and no one taking responsibility to cover the back of the person that rotates to stop the drive.

Hopefully that's something broken down in the film room. Because it happened a lot.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Zu left his man, so he could roam and play free safety and got burned time and time again. He should of stuck to Plum like he was Ray Allen on fire. Several times he didnt even know where plum was. He wasn't switching he was playing the passing and blocking lanes and not getting either.

But he did have a nice offensive game tonight
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Disappointed in his defense. He couldn’t even guard Plumlee. Imagine if it was Jokic on him instead.

Zu got punked pretty bad by Plumlee His days here may be numbered
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Zu left his man, so he could roam and play free safety and got burned time and time again. He should of stuck to Plum like he was Ray Allen on fire. Several times he didnt even know where plum was. He wasn't switching he was playing the passing and blocking lanes and not getting either.

Saw him get going in some pretty good ways offensively, they need to look for him more when he's down low.

Shouldn't leave his man on the drives. Was glad to see him get more in a rhythm tonight though.

I wonder what changes though, when McGee has Lonzo as his point guard full time for the most part, and Zubac has Rondo.
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject:

He just looks so lumbering out there. Being juxtaposed against JaVale, who is super athletic, makes him look so slow.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Saw him get going in some pretty good ways offensively, they need to look for him more when he's down low.

Shouldn't leave his man on the drives. Was glad to see him get more in a rhythm tonight though.

I wonder what changes though, when McGee has Lonzo as his point guard full time for the most part, and Zubac has Rondo.

I agree on both sides of the floor. Offensively, he looked smooth. He will look better as the season progresses and new players mesh. On the defensive side of the ball, there was really nothing that can not be fixed. If you did not see him play before, you would say he is not bright. Leaving your man who is two feet from the basket to jump out on another player 15 to 20 feet away from the basket is crazy. I can understand it if he was sure someone was near him to rotate. However, he left his defensive assignment when they were in nowhere land and there was nobody who could rotate. I still like this kid and he will contribute this year.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

I agree on both sides of the floor. Offensively, he looked smooth. He will look better as the season progresses and new players mesh. On the defensive side of the ball, there was really nothing that can not be fixed. If you did not see him play before, you would say he is not bright. Leaving your man who is two feet from the basket to jump out on another player 15 to 20 feet away from the basket is crazy. I can understand it if he was sure someone was near him to rotate. However, he left his defensive assignment when they were in nowhere land and there was nobody who could rotate. I still like this kid and he will contribute this year.

Disappointed in how Zubac has looked. I had higher expectations.

Interesting point about the defensive rotations. Wonder what the coaches were saying. Was he supposed to stay with Plumlee or was his assignment to stop or influence the drive and the issue was the rotations from other players?
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
He just looks so lumbering out there. Being juxtaposed against JaVale, who is super athletic, makes him look so slow.

That's because Zu has proven he is not an NBA talent. Sorry u fans, but there are loads of Gleague and foreign league bigs out there that are much better.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Yeah. Want to see this first b/f Zubac is jettisoned.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

You guys are funny Put mcgee with the scrubs he is plying and you will have the same results.

Walton is terrible with his 5 for 5 subs.

Mcgee is getting easy drop offs right next to the rim while zu is out there with sleaguers. Same thing with beasly. These guys can’t play with freaking caruso.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
What I said, in context, was that the Lakers have more patience than some of their fans. Considering that some of the fans on this board were saying that the Lakers should let Zubac go immediately and the Lakers still have not done so, my statement was absolutely true.

Exactly what are you arguing about from my post? The tangent that you went off on had nothing to do with what I said.

They signed him for 1 year. Why would they let him go unless they need the roster spot. His contract is guaranteed for this year. What would be the difference in patience between fans and management? He's signed for this year. I don't see the difference in patience between fans and management.

And if you're going to use "some" fans to make a general statement that:

" I think, however, that the Lakers have a bit more patience than the fans do."

And claim that that's absolutely a true statement, well, that's just being dishonest.

Why not just say the Lakers have a bit more patience than some fans do? Because it's also true that "some" fans have more patience than the Lakers do.

Because there are plenty of times when the Lakers gave up on a player and some fans expressed disappointment - pleading for more patience, i.e. Thomas Bryant, Anthony Brown.

Annihilator wrote:
Also, how do you on whom they want to give their patience? Do you have inside information or are you projecting what you would do?

Yeah, if you really want to get into this discussion, then I'm going to bow out. It doesn't seem like something that should be debated.

I mean, are there discussions of the Lakers' patience running out on any of the rookies? Has there ever been discussion of running out of patience on a rookie?

But yeah, if you really want to debate that point, then we're too far apart to debate on that point. So, I'll agree to disagree on that point or I'll just bow out on that one if that's ok with you.

I think your response is completely out of context of what I said. What I said is true. There are some fans who are saying that the Lakers should dump Zubac now; the Lakers haven't done so. The Lakers are showing more patience. This isn't being dishonest. This is putting a statement within the context of the debate.

Of course you don't have any inside knowledge so your claim of what the Lakers organization is thinking is complete fantasy.

--Anonymous
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
You guys are funny Put mcgee with the scrubs he is plying and you will have the same results.

Mcgee is getting easy drop offs right next to the rim while zu is out there with sleaguers. Same thing with beasly. These guys can’t play with freaking caruso.

You’re not wrong but yet I disagree.

Luke’s rotations have sucked forever. You’re right about that. But Zu (as of right now) can’t do all the things McGee is doing. His hands aren’t good enough, his speed is lacking, and his ability to affect plays on defense isn’t there. Maybe someday, but not today. I was listening to Locked on Lakers, and GT and Irwin both seem to be done with Zu also.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Of course you don't have any inside knowledge so your claim of what the Lakers organization is thinking is complete fantasy.

What is the point of a message board if it's only for those with insider information? How many on here actually have insider information?

If every statement made needs to be clarified that "I am not an insider" then this is not a discussion for me. I really didn't think that needed to be asserted. You do.

This is clearly not the discussion for me then. I thought this was a fans internet message board. Obviously, this discussion was geared for those with insider information and somehow, you were under that impression. I don't know why you thought that.

Annihilator wrote:
I think your response is completely out of context of what I said. What I said is true. There are some fans who are saying that the Lakers should dump Zubac now; the Lakers haven't done so. The Lakers are showing more patience. This isn't being dishonest.

Cool. As long as you see some fans saying dump Zubac, you can go ahead and say the Lakers are showing more patience than Lakers fans.

Gotcha.

That probably works with everything right? I'm sure you can find some fans to say anything.

I'm sure you can find a couple fans out there saying dump LeBron.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject:

I think it will be interesting to see how the games will change when McGee is starting next to Lonzo and Zubac has Rondo most of the time. And what changes that will bring.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

What is the point of a message board if it's only for those with insider information? How many on here actually have insider information?

If every statement made needs to be clarified that "I am not an insider" then this is not a discussion for me. I really didn't think that needed to be asserted. You do.

This is clearly not the discussion for me then. I thought this was a fans internet message board. Obviously, this discussion was geared for those with insider information and somehow, you were under that impression. I don't know why you thought that.

Annihilator wrote:
I think your response is completely out of context of what I said. What I said is true. There are some fans who are saying that the Lakers should dump Zubac now; the Lakers haven't done so. The Lakers are showing more patience. This isn't being dishonest.

Cool. As long as you see some fans saying dump Zubac, you can go ahead and say the Lakers are showing more patience than Lakers fans.

Gotcha.

That probably works with everything right? I'm sure you can find some fans to say anything.

I'm sure you can find a couple fans out there saying dump LeBron.

#1: You were the one claiming that you knew what the Lakers were going to do when you stated,
Quote:
On the patience scale, they'd rather give their patience to the other 5 young players.
I just asked what the justification was of your claiming insider knowledge of what the Lakers were planning to do in the future. Don't blame me that you don't have any.

#2: No, I never claim that anybody speaks for everybody. The world is too full of variation for that to happen. While we could use "for all" and "there exists" statements in colloquial English, it doesn't make for good reading. They are regularly ignored. I guess we could go back and force the writers of the constitution to change "We the people" to "Some of us." The fact that you are now trying to force such formalisms into the discussion now shows that you know you screwed up. Within the context of what was being stated in the thread at the time, my post was accurate. Which of the following two formats are we more likely to see?

"If there exists some winning coalition of the individuals who are named Lakesground moderators who decide that for all messages posted on the Internet, if that message is posted to Lakersground during some period of time then that message should be written in "backwards format," then there should exist a moderator of Lakersground who puts a sticky on a message so that for all individuals if that individual is a reader of Lakersground during that given time period then that person knows that for all of their posts, if a message is posted on Lakersground then that message should be written 'backwards'."

Or

"If the mods decide to declare it 'Backwards Week' they should let everybody know."

#3. Calling me "dishonest" after I asked for a source for your insider knowledge was a little backward. Whether or not you want to admit it, is up to you.

--Anonymous
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

No you wouldn’t because McGee can move his feet and has lateral quickness. He doesn’t play like he is running in mud.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

I believe in Zu.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject:

Zu has no clue what is going on on D. Pathetic for an NBA player.
I’ve wanted to believe in him because of the flashes on offense, but it’s just unforgivable at this point in his 3rd season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 233 of 290
Jump to: