OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
He’s getting back to his normal self, nice to see him contribute.

Did u watch the game or just the scoreboard?

Since you are questioning IG if he watched the game let's be fair and read your analysis of Zubac's game detailing what has been his problem(s) this pre-season. I don't see any context to your comments.

While stats don't tell the whole story they have been good for the most part including his +/-. If you trust DB's game analysis and I do he does not paint the gloom and doom picture of Zu's game as I see here.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 am    Post subject:

I understand that Zubac was sick and still recovering so that may be why he is off to a slow start.

My assessment is that we need someone to back up McGee and the small ball options we have are not really very good at the 5 spot. Last year Randle was strong enough and quick enough to muscle and hustle his opponent. None of our guys have the strength or quickness Randle has.

It seems like we need to get Zubac ready to play some minutes. He needs to walk on the floor confident that he is the man. Maybe some G League time is needed but it seems like we should have focus more on getting him ready this preseason. Beasley and Kuz are not the answer especially on defense.

I am not sure if the lingering effects of the illness impacted getting Zu on the floor or if Luke wanted to experiment with the other guys but it is time to get Zubac ready for action. He needs his confidence pumped way up to perform like we need him too.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:07 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
He’s getting back to his normal self, nice to see him contribute.

Did u watch the game or just the scoreboard?

Since you are questioning IG if he watched the game let's be fair and read your analysis of Zubac's game detailing what has been his problem(s) this pre-season. I don't see any context to your comments.

While stats don't tell the whole story they have been good for the most part including his +/-. If you trust DB's game analysis and I do he does not paint the gloom and doom picture of Zu's game as I see here.

--Anonymous
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject:

Does Zubac do anything today better then he did in his rookie year? Yes, he looks physically different, but I’m not convinced that 2018 Zubac is any better than 2016 Zubac. That’s really my concern. If anything his shot looks flatter and worse.

Unless he is actively progressing in something, shooting....defense....whatever, I don’t see a reason for us to continue to spend resources on him. The player that he is right now isn’t very good IMHO.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject:

Is it crazy to think Johnathan Williams will be the back-up 5 at this point?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Is it crazy to think Johnathan Williams will be the back-up 5 at this point?

I feel like he might make the team. He did some good things.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

Zu will be fine. We are only looking for him to give us spot minutes against teams that have size. His defense (other than one preseason game where he was out of position) has improved. He is much faster on the court and seems to have a little more bounce in his game. I think he is a very good 3rd string center and has a chance to develop.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Shoulda signed Christian Wood.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

Here is part of my post from the Summer League thread.

Wanted the Lakers to give him a shot when he first came out.

He teases with his physical size and athleticism and looked like someone who should have been a 1st round draft pick.

Flashes his talent and he has had a couple of opportunities but failed to stick with the team.

Not sure why he has washed out so far and not sure what to make of him at this time.

I see him like Thomas Robinson. Physically an NBA talent but something is missing that I cannot pinpoint.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

He teases with his physical size and athleticism and looked like someone who should have been a 1st round draft pick.

Flashes his talent and he has had a couple of opportunities but failed to stick with the team.

Not sure why he has washed out so far and not sure what to make of him at this time.

I see him like Thomas Robinson. Physically an NBA talent but something is missing that I cannot pinpoint.

He's apparently a real prick. Or he was; maybe he's matured.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

He's apparently a real prick. Or he was; maybe he's matured.

Yeah could see that. Just assumed he was lazy with bad work ethic which came out in the team draft workouts or from UNLV coaches. Not being drafted was telling.

Being out of the league essentially for 3 years might have been his wake up call.

Was on the fence if the Lakers should sign him this summer. Reminds me of a less twitchy M. Robinson.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

When given minutes Trob produced for us. Zubac is really bad he was outplated by jonathan williams. The FO must have an off court/agent type reason to be keeping him
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject:

If you still believe in Zubac, you're not optimistic, you're delusional.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:

When people having nothing to add to a conversation, they start calling others names. If you have something intelligent to add based on verifiable facts, please do so.

--Anonymous
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

If Luke only intends to keep him as an absolute emergency backup and prefers small ball lineups, what was the point of keeping him over T. Bryant, who actually has a >1% chance of being compatible with that style of play?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
If Luke only intends to keep him as an absolute emergency backup and prefers small ball lineups, what was the point of keeping him over T. Bryant, who actually has a >1% chance of being compatible with that style of play?

That is a question that I wish that somebody would ask Magic, Pelinka or Luke: How did the Lakers compare Thomas Bryant and Ivica Zubac? On what key points did they make their decision to keep one and send the other away? It would be interesting to see how they make personnel decisions like this. To me it was interesting that a very young player could make the G-League All-Star First Team only to be waived almost immediately after.

--Anonymous

Last edited by Annihilator on Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakertang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I’m a fan if the low post and the traditional big man, but Zubac hasn’t shown growth. We should of kept Thomas Bryant if we were looking for a big to run the floor, block shots , rebound, and shoot threes.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

When people having nothing to add to a conversation, they start calling others names. If you have something intelligent to add based on verifiable facts, please do so.
people that ignore 3 years of data and evidence are delusional. Reminds me of Beal’s quote about Jeff Green having Lebron like talent.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

people that ignore 3 years of data and evidence are delusional. Reminds me of Beal’s quote about Jeff Green having Lebron like talent.
Again, if you have something to add to the conversation, please do so. By the way, we only have two years of data on Zubac. It is really hard to call a few preseason games, a year's worth of data.

--Anonymous
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

lakertang wrote:
I’m a fan if the low post and the traditional big man, but Zubac hasn’t shown growth. We should of kept Thomas Bryant if we were looking for a big to run the floor, block shots , rebound, and shoot threes.

I give you Bryant can run the floor and shoot the three but despite his length he is a below average rebounder and shot blocker.

If you watched him on defense he has very poor lateral movement, yes worse than Zubac, making him a liability.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Zu has been a disappointment after showing some real promise in year 1. after year 1, might thought was he just needed to grow into his body, get stronger, etc.

he's in better shape today than he has been the last 2 season, but that doesn't seem to be enough. he's still young, but my concern would be he hasn't really made the jumps that most of us expected.

i wouldn't be so concerned if we had another big body and I dont know that we can rely on a rookie at this time.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

The following is hard factual data in 2 years, not 3, as a 19 and 20 year old.

Please provide your data that you have to show how delusional I am for being a supporter of Zubac.

NBA: he has played 81 games averaging 12.6 min/game. On a per 36

Pts: 15.7
Reb: 10
Blk: 1.7
Ast: 1.9
TOV:2.0

with a TS%. 55 and FT% 71.

G league: he has played 28 games averaging 30 min/game. On per 36

Pts: 22.5
Reb: 11.3
Blk: 1.9
Ast: 1.7
TOV: 3.3

with a TS% 63.5 and FT% 84.6

Btw his DBPM in NBA games is 0.4. In G league 0.3
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

The following is hard factual data in 2 years, not 3, as a 19 and 20 year old.

Please provide your data that you have to show how delusional I am for being a supporter of Zubac.

NBA: he has played 81 games averaging 12.6 min/game. On a per 36

Pts: 15.7
Reb: 10
Blk: 1.7
Ast: 1.9
TOV:2.0

with a TS%. 55 and FT% 71.

G league: he has played 28 games averaging 30 min/game. On per 36

Pts: 22.5
Reb: 11.3
Blk: 1.9
Ast: 1.7
TOV: 3.3

with a TS% 63.5 and FT% 84.6

Btw his DBPM in NBA games is 0.4. In G league 0.3

Very nice!

--Anonymous
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

What happened to zubloca? It seems more he's lost all confidence. He's completely not the same confident player he once was. Is this coaching or?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:
What happened to zubloca? It seems more he's lost all confidence. He's completely not the same confident player he once was. Is this coaching or?

It's on him to perform when his # is called, but I've played in a system where a designated guy or 2 was supposed to have the ball and my job was to get it to them and get out of the way. I could shoot well but I didn't have a green light. If anything went wrong, the coach had a quick hook. That was an uncomfortable situation and it shakes your confidence because you begin to play only with the goal of not making a mistake to stay on the court.

Nobody's running plays for Zu and his job is to set screens, block shots, and rebound. Like Svi in the final preseason game, he needs to figure out how to play without thinking, or just give the very best of whatever he can do.

I believe that if he got the ball like he did in G League,, he'd look like a different player.

Last edited by lakersboy on Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 237 of 290
Jump to: