OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
M2K wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
The dude is 21 and just starting to blossom. The Lakers are a very stupid franchise right now. Poor decision making on all levels.
My only hope is we can sign him again in the summer when everyone is signing elsewhere as they also see how stupid we are. SO pissed we traded him....so pissed

21 year old, 7 footers, with soft hands, blocking ability and hitting over 80% from the FT line are not easy to find... congratulations to Magic for under valuing our talent and giving him away.

First game, on his new team, on the road... plays 23 minutes... scores 12 points on 50% shooting, 9 rebounds and 3 blocks. Yep... no value here!

What an idiotic move this was! Ridiculous.

They're well intentioned but they have no idea how to utilize players as assets nor develop them as players. So they end up selling low, others get them and turn them into stars.

Randle is 20/10
DLO is an All Star
Zubac will end up a 15/10 big man

Randle is 20/10
DLO is an All Star
Zubac will end up a 15/10 big man

RIDICULOUS....with all three in their early 20's and nowhere near their peak.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Would be a capped out treadmill team. Not winning with that lineup

That lineup would compete with any team in the league. Let the Warriors try to stop the physicality of LeBron, Randle in the paint, driving toward the rim and on the boards.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Double Post
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Surrounding Lebron with iso players who can’t shoot from outside is not the move. And we would not improve defensively with Dlo and Clarkson either, so there’s that.

Back to Zu....

I support this front office. I hate this move. I’m going to wait until next season before I start judging. If we’re better this time a year from now, then cool.

The move just doesn’t make any sense. They could have had a stretch 5 in Brook Lopez without throwing away a 7 footer with soft hands. Shows poor bball vision. Also you never trade with Logo, ever. If Logo asks for a player you hang up and max that player out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
This one hurts. I didn't care for DLo but this one bothers me. Stupid move.

I see all this passion for Randle (hm), D'Lo (eech), and Zoobz (wat) and I wonder to myself...."Hmmm...why is there no passion for ex-Laker Jordan Clarkson?"

Can you answer this question for me as it pertains to JC?

Clarkson would be better than Josh Hart for us right now to be honest as a backup 2.

IF we eliminate all the extra moves we made and kept what we had(LeBron) and didn't change any of our roster. We'd have no Wagner cause we wouldn't have traded Clarkson for the pick. Let's look at our roster if it was LeBron, our youngsters + Rondo.

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Rajon Rondo \ Isaac Bonga
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma
Larry Nance Jr. \ Tyson Chandler

This would be our roster right now had we not gotten rid of the youngsters.

How would they be performing in comparison to the one we have right now?

while a solid team it would by no means be a championship contender team and we wouldnt have nearly enough cap space to either sign up a star. Yes we would have more pieces to trade for AD too but thats even if the Pelicans would care about getting DLO or Randle on their extension deals.

Consider Randle is a 20/10 guy at 24
Dlo is an all-star at 21

They are just starting when it comes to reaching their primes.

I'd figure that would be a pretty darn good setup.

When you say "Won't have enough to sign another star" the problem is you don't see a 20/10 guy, and a guy who's an all-star at 21 this season a star, because they developed here.

To me, someone that is an all-star at 21, putting up 21/7/3 on 45% from the field and 38% from three when he had to put the team on his back.

And another kid who just turned 24 that puts up 20/10/3 without you drawing up a play for him on 54% from the field and 34% from three.

I consider both of those players "star" worthy. Transcendent like LeBron or AD? No. But you surround LeBron with a 20/7 21 year old all-star PG/SG, and a 20/10/3 power forward, along with an extremely deep bench and solid capability in the halfcourt. I think that team would do more damage than a team that had LeBron/AD and no real further depth.

The reason you wouldn't need the "extra money for another max" is because you'd have enough talent. It would just be about coaching it properly. But I'd honestly take that team in the West against any other team not named the Warriors. The only team that would be better for the Lakers would be if they managed to land 3 maxes. But I'd rather not be depending on that every off-season.

With the roster above, this is how we match up with the Warriors

Starters:
Lonzo / Steph
Russell / Klay
LeBron / Durant
Randle / Draymond
Zubac / Cousins

Bench:
Rondo / Livingston
Clarkson / Cook
Ingram / Igoudala
Kuzma / Jerekbo
Nance Jr / Looney

I'd say we match up pretty darn well against them bout as well as any other team could hope to tbh, and our bench is a lot better. In fact I'd say we could hang with any team in the league including the Warriors. Could we beat the Warriors in a 7 game series? Idk. But we'd be a lot better than the Cavs team they beat in 5. Particularly in the depth department, and our kids would only be beginning to scratch the surface on their primes.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I see all this passion for Randle (hm), D'Lo (eech), and Zoobz (wat) and I wonder to myself...."Hmmm...why is there no passion for ex-Laker Jordan Clarkson?"

Clarkson would be better than Josh Hart for us right now to be honest as a backup 2.

IF we eliminate all the extra moves we made and kept what we had(LeBron) and didn't change any of our roster. We'd have no Wagner cause we wouldn't have traded Clarkson for the pick. Let's look at our roster if it was LeBron, our youngsters + Rondo.

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

while a solid team it would by no means be a championship contender team and we wouldnt have nearly enough cap space to either sign up a star. Yes we would have more pieces to trade for AD too but thats even if the Pelicans would care about getting DLO or Randle on their extension deals.

Dlo is an all-star at 21

When you say "Won't have enough to sign another star" the problem is you don't see a 20/10 guy, and a guy who's an all-star at 21 this season a star, because they developed here.

To me, someone that is an all-star at 21, putting up 21/7/3 on 45% from the field and 38% from three when he had to put the team on his back.

And another kid who just turned 24 that puts up 20/10/3 without you drawing up a play for him on 54% from the field and 34% from three.

I consider both of those players "star" worthy. Transcendent like LeBron or AD? No. But you surround LeBron with a 20/7 21 year old all-star PG/SG, and a 20/10/3 power forward, along with an extremely deep bench and solid capability in the halfcourt. I think that team would do more damage than a team that had LeBron/AD and no real further depth.

The reason you wouldn't need the "extra money for another max" is because you'd have enough talent. It would just be about coaching it properly. But I'd honestly take that team in the West against any other team not named the Warriors. The only team that would be better for the Lakers would be if they managed to land 3 maxes. But I'd rather not be depending on that every off-season.

Starters:
Lonzo / Steph
Russell / Klay
LeBron / Durant
Randle / Draymond
Zubac / Cousins

Bench:
Rondo / Livingston
Clarkson / Cook
Ingram / Igoudala
Kuzma / Jerekbo
Nance Jr / Looney

I'd say we match up pretty darn well against them bout as well as any other team could hope to tbh, and our bench is a lot better. In fact I'd say we could hang with any team in the league including the Warriors. Could we beat the Warriors in a 7 game series? Idk. But we'd be a lot better than the Cavs team they beat in 5. Particularly in the depth department, and our kids would only be beginning to scratch the surface on their primes.

I agree with your sentiments. Laker fans are so fixated on names and not developing their own names. Also, we have to take into consideration: after the moves were made to create 2 max spot, we didn't land PG because of how we treated D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle, being they have the same agent.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

The Lakers have gotten rid of a crapload of young talent when they didn't have to. The only acceptable outcome is multiple championships in the very near future. Period.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Dlo is an all-star at 21

Starters:
Lonzo / Steph
Russell / Klay
LeBron / Durant
Randle / Draymond
Zubac / Cousins

Bench:
Rondo / Livingston
Clarkson / Cook
Ingram / Igoudala
Kuzma / Jerekbo
Nance Jr / Looney

In this lineup you have to add Deng , Mozgov and subtract LBJ because there would be no capspace For him.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

matigol wrote:
MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Dlo is an all-star at 21

Starters:
Lonzo / Steph
Russell / Klay
LeBron / Durant
Randle / Draymond
Zubac / Cousins

Bench:
Rondo / Livingston
Clarkson / Cook
Ingram / Igoudala
Kuzma / Jerekbo
Nance Jr / Looney

In this lineup you have to add Deng , Mozgov and subtract LBJ because there would be no capspace For him.

Nope because we would have stretched Deng and Moz was moved by the nets for far less. We could've find a way to move Moz in the summer and atleast tested out the product that we had, with an addition of Zo.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

Front office epically failed. Randle, Zubac, Bryant and Dlo
They should atleast consider bringing back randle this offseason.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

He's gone

Stop living in the past
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Out of all the players we let go I miss Randle the most
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

^ Randle and Zu
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

Dlo is an all-star at 21

Starters:
Lonzo / Steph
Russell / Klay
LeBron / Durant
Randle / Draymond
Zubac / Cousins

Bench:
Rondo / Livingston
Clarkson / Cook
Ingram / Igoudala
Kuzma / Jerekbo
Nance Jr / Looney

Complain all you want but how were you getting LBj without some of those moves?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Surrounding Lebron with iso players who can’t shoot from outside is not the move. And we would not improve defensively with Dlo and Clarkson either, so there’s that.

Back to Zu....

I support this front office. I hate this move. I’m going to wait until next season before I start judging. If we’re better this time a year from now, then cool.

The move just doesn’t make any sense. They could have had a stretch 5 in Brook Lopez without throwing away a 7 footer with soft hands. Shows poor bball vision. Also you never trade with Logo, ever. If Logo asks for a player you hang up and max that player out.

Magic has been clear about his "bball vision" from the start. He wants two max marquee players. All else is secondary to him.

His legacy is based on signing James and "the next max". It is about the headlines and marketing for him. Winning is secondary.

Roster depth, chemistry or a balanced contending team are not in his vision of the Lakers. It is about being the GM that brought in the superstars. End of story. Squandered talent, mismanaged egos and personnel decisions be damned.

We shall see if his big game hunting strategy actually works out. I'm skeptical. But maybe I'm missing the eventual big picture he has all planned out.

Personally I continue to see a more likely end result of 3 years of continual James inspired drama, early exits in the playoffs and a churning in my stomach with the prospects of having the next GM responsible for the rebuild of the mess left by Magic and James.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Complain all you want but how were you getting LBj without some of those moves?

Absolutely agree, moves made got us LBJ. Even the Zu move, though I wish we could keep him is a move to improve or shot at the playoff this season and not waste a LBJ year. Don’t think we plan of keeping Zu this summer for cap purposes and will be a FA anyways. Outside shooting C compliments LBJ more than Zu can offer this season moving forward.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
He's gone

Stop living in the past

And it's not like Zubac was a game changer
I like the kid, but come on
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

That is what I'm saying. Maybe they can make a run at Russ and bring the band back together.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
defense wrote:
He's gone

Stop living in the past

Yeah. This place goes crazy when any young player is traded, waived or not brought back. People freaked out about Nwaba and a couple weeks ago some people were pissed we waived Thomas Bryant. I remember when JC and Nance were traded some people here were jumping out of windows and angry as hell.
sublimedominion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: How do you have Kuzma and Lebron?

audioaxes wrote:
MJST wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
D'Angelo Russell
LeBron James
Julius Randle
Ivica Zubac

Bench:
Jordan Clarkson
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

The post makes no sense. How would we have Kuzma when we only got him because of the Dlo trade affording us his pick in the draft. If we had all these other players you have to also include the crap such as Mozgov and Clarkson and that would not allow you to have signed lebron due to salary cap.Please think before posting nonsense.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
danzag wrote:
defense wrote:
He's gone

Stop living in the past

Yeah. This place goes crazy when any young player is traded, waived or not brought back. People freaked out about Nwaba and a couple weeks ago some people were pissed we waived Thomas Bryant. I remember when JC and Nance were traded some people here were jumping out of windows and angry as hell.

Yup just wanna laugh reading comments sometimes. Dlo/Randle/Zu/T Bryant is not going to lead us to a championship. LBJ can and those moves made got him here. Now that we have key piece how do we surround him to be successful.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:

Back to Zu....

Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

To the mods, no banning or sanctions for folks calling me names....it’s all good. I actually liked Zubac, seemed like an awesome kid who is young and has potential. But some of the things you guys are saying after he gets traded that you didn’t say when he was a part of our team is just too much, it begs to be made fun of.

I’m a lakers fan first, much of what I read here is from people who obviously have an anti-FO agenda and make every move seem wrong to support their argument. If people say stupid things, I’m going to point them out. I’m not any better or smarter than anyone here....but damn, if you are gonna put Zu on a pedestal, damn straight I’m gonna mock you.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

JC played his best basketball his rookie year when Nash was mentoring him. I thought he was going to develop into a combo guard. But after that season he just became too ball dominant and didn't show much bball IQ for a guard.

I will admit, I'm slightly biased towards Nance and Zub because they're just likeable. At least in Nance's case, he was more of a known commodity because of his age, and he went back home and wore his father's jersey.

Zub is just coming into his own. We had so much promise after his rookie year, then watched him struggle, and then just as he starts showing real growth we move him. He truly loved being a Laker.

I'm going to give Muscala a chance to prove something. I'd feel much better about the trade if we at least got a 2nd round pick.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah if Nwaba had a 26 pt 12 rebound game against a good defensive OKC team at the age of 21... maybe we can compare the two.

Nwaba has never scored 20 points... and he didn't even break into the league until he was 24.

As long as we ultimately build a better team next season... we can accept this trade with few regrets... but clearing young cost controlled assets like Svi and Zubac doesn't make a whole lot of sense... especially if the other four assets are unloaded for AD.

I'm reserving judgement on the move until I see next year's team... but I'm operating on the premise that we have our eye on a superior center.

Maybe they are only thinking of pairing AD with a stretch 5... so Muscala and Wagner are the end game at center... but I think boxing yourself into the AD only strategy... is going to be a very dicey proposition. I suppose if Muscala can settle in at a 37% 3 pt shooter... he will be useful...but if Mo is already shooting 39% from 3... I don't see the difference between developing him and trading for Muscala.

Bottom line... if we get AD... Zubac wouldn't have been of any use to us... but if we don't get him... he would have been an affordable stopgap.

I didn't want to see him go after his recent resurgence... but let's see what happens.

If Muscala and Bullock shoot as advertised... we should be nicely placed to make a run at the playoffs. If Muscala goes cold on us... it might be a terrible waste.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 285, 286, 287, 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 286 of 290
Jump to: