OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

If Zubac shows a three pointer I think that he will transcend our earthy limitations and exist in an entirely new plane of reality
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

How do you think Zubac compares in his first summer league to Andrew Bynum in his first year?

Bynum's lack of experience and skill development was apparent. It was said that he looked like a deer in headlights as guys drove to the rim and crashed into his body. He fouled guys because it took time before Kareem taught him to back away from contact and use his length to defend.

On offense, he would get double teamed in the post and couldn't figure out how to get open so he was accused of quitting, which he probably did out of frustration. It took him time to learn something simple by turning his body as the ball was passed to the top or the other side so he could easily catch it and roll to the rim.

Bynum wasn't strong and got famously dunked on by Shaq before demanding and getting payback on the next play.

Zubac's experience puts him way ahead of where Bynum was as a rookie. His skill level is also way ahead too and it's undeniable that he has some ability to contribute.

Zubac has been in pro ball for 3 years, and is ~2 years older than Rookie Bynum was.

Bynum was just a skilled, physically huge kid that had played HS ball.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

He's so similar to Marc Gasol. The same body type, soft hands, and high IQ. This kid is going to be special.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

I really love this pick. Everybody keeps comparing Big Zu to Marc Gasol that I think is accurate, but he has a soft touch around the basket that reminds me another great euro center called Sabonis. Marc Gasol didn`t have such a polished touch at this age, Zu ceiling may be a bit higher if he has a work ethic up to his skill level. The best thing, he is basically one of us, a huge LA fan.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:35 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/SynergySST/status/754418149022314496

Looking good Zubs.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
If Zubac shows a three pointer I think that he will transcend our earthy limitations and exist in an entirely new plane of reality
He's going to let go his earthly tethers
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Zubac never has to become a 3 point shooter to make me happy. A solid post game, good passing, automatic defense, and a good anchor on defense would be amazing
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

Here's some cool scouting stuff on Marc Gasol from around the time he was drafted.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Marc-Gasol-155/

There's nothing I've seen in videos that Marc does that I don't think Zub will be able to do.
Z is also a couple of years younger, maybe 3 or 4, than when those scouting reports were written.

I hope they can fully develop him. I'd like to see him get some D league run if he isn't getting regular minutes.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Zubac never has to become a 3 point shooter to make me happy. A solid post game, good passing, automatic defense, and a good anchor on defense would be amazing

If Summer League was a glimpse of things to come we are in great shape.
FloppyDiskz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ivicazubac/status/755110929164017664

YESSSS!!!!

E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject:

Zubat, lol! Perfect. Sweeps down on you and swats your every shot. Then drinks your blood after.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
tox wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
If we had a redraft...Zoo would be going #1 overall

Even though Zublocka has shown a lot of potential, I'd still take Ingram over Zublocka though. In this year's draft, I'd rate Ingram as number one with zublocka a close number 2. If Ingram turned out to be rookie of the year and zublocka finished as runner up, we'd have the best two rookies from the draft. That's some insane drafting by Mitch and Co.

he wont get enough burn to be #2 rookie. But hes gonna be best big man in this draft in 2 years

What if Mozgov gets 28 mpg and Zublocka gets 20 mpg? I think he can handle 20 mpg.

Tarik Black + Small ball Randle/ Nance will eat into that time

I continually see the references to Randle and Nance getting "small ball' mpg. Why?

Because that is what our coach wants to do.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
Zubat, lol! Perfect. Sweeps down on you and swats your every shot. Then drinks your blood after.
A true Zubat would play for the Supersonics
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Cant wait to see what he looks like after a summer or 2 spent in a NBA strength and conditioning program.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject:

He is obviously already an experienced professional player.

A steal at his draft spot for sure, great job by Mitch and I say that as an avowed front office change guy.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject:

D'Lo/JC/Ingram/Randle/Zubac. We have every position covered for many years, future looking so bright hopefully we can get three superstars out of the core
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
D'Lo/JC/Ingram/Randle/Zubac. We have every position covered for many years, future looking so bright hopefully we can get three superstars out of the core

If two end up being superstars we're golden, maybe even one if the rest can play at an almost star like level.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

If two end up being superstars we're golden, maybe even one if the rest can play at an almost star like level.

These guys and Nance should at least have long and productive NBA careers. Nance, Big Zu and Ingram are two way players that can impact a game defensively too.

We have a nice young core. We had it last season, but Ingram and Big Zu bring balance with the length, shooting and defensive presence. I still can't believe we found a legit big with a soft touch around the basket at #32 and the guy can also hit the mid distance jumper and is a die hard Lakers fan.
yohanone
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:29 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

These guys and Nance should at least have long and productive NBA careers. Nance, Big Zu and Ingram are two way players that can impact a game defensively too.

We have a nice young core. We had it last season, but Ingram and Big Zu bring balance with the length, shooting and defensive presence. I still can't believe we found a legit big with a soft touch around the basket at #32 and the guy can also hit the mid distance jumper and is a die hard Lakers fan.

I agree with everything you said, and I still don't get why other teams didn't want to let Zubac play on their roster immediately. Flabbergasted. It doesn't hurt for him to be a 3rd Center in the depth chart.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 am    Post subject:

Love the Zubat nickname.

Mozgod and Zubat. Now we need a cool nickname for Ingram already!
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject:

I know it's a sample size, but minus the plane of reality talk I don't think our hype is going too far with this guy. He looks like the real deal. Makes me feel like an idiot for watching all that tape of Okafor and feeling confused (not mad) that they took one of my Buckeyes over what looked like a proven offensive talent. I trust Zubac's game and development over Okafor's, the kid is a two way big that Mitch/Jim wanded at 32.....32!! Shaw said he was 16 on their board, at this point the only thing to be critical of with Zubac is who would they have taken above him? He looks like a top pick today.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Love the Zubat nickname.

Mozgod and Zubat. Now we need a cool nickname for Ingram already!

Inglewood
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:03 am    Post subject:

yohanone wrote:
nash wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

I agree with everything you said, and I still don't get why other teams didn't want to let Zubac play on their roster immediately. Flabbergasted. It doesn't hurt for him to be a 3rd Center in the depth chart.

Considering what the going rate is for an average center in this league, it is crazy no one was willing to pick him earlier.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:14 am    Post subject:

yohanone wrote:
nash wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

He wasn't scouted well enough. He also said teams pack the paint in Europe, so he wasn't able to display much of his skill set beyond setting screens or running the floor. No one knew he had a jumper because he wasn't allowed to use it. I'm surprised as well but it happens. Kudos to that international scout Mitch has on his staff.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:20 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yohanone wrote:
nash wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

He wasn't scouted well enough. He also said teams pack the paint in Europe, so he wasn't able to display much of his skill set beyond setting screens or running the floor. No one knew he had a jumper because he wasn't allowed to use it. I'm surprised as well but it happens. Kudos to that international scout Mitch has on his staff.

Like I said elsewhere, find the Byrons in the world and find out which players they're holding back the most. Easy way to find underutilized guys
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 50 of 290
Jump to: