OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Good attitude by Zubac. This is what we were saying preseason, that he'd need more reps with the DLeague. With Black/Nance possibly out, now he can get some reps with the NBA team, having got some playing time and rhythm with the Defenders. Working out nicely.

Quote:
"I wasn't playing anything with the Lakers, so it's better to stay [in the D-League] and get some minutes," Zubac said. "They wanted me to work on my game and stay in shape ... [coach] told me at the end of the year, he wants me to be five times better individually than I was at the beginning of the season."

Zubac helped the D-Fenders improve to 7-3, averaging 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds over six games. The 19-year-old even hit half of his six three-point attempts, along with a few of his signature move, the sky hook.

He's frustrated about not getting touches, which is accurate if you've been watching the games. No one on that team knows how to throw a proper post entry pass to him:
Quote:
“If I get the ball I can score on everybody,” Zubac said after Saturday night’s loss. “But I didn’t get any post-ups. Sometimes my teammates don’t think I’m in a better position than them. A couple possession I was wide open, but sometimes it’s hard to make that decision in a game when you’re playing.”

I hope the d-league experiment ended as soon as it began. It's lord of the flies and everyone is trying to get that elusive NBA call-up. Only that elusive NBA call-up can be accomplished by playing more team oriented ball.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Good attitude by Zubac. This is what we were saying preseason, that he'd need more reps with the DLeague. With Black/Nance possibly out, now he can get some reps with the NBA team, having got some playing time and rhythm with the Defenders. Working out nicely.

Quote:
"I wasn't playing anything with the Lakers, so it's better to stay [in the D-League] and get some minutes," Zubac said. "They wanted me to work on my game and stay in shape ... [coach] told me at the end of the year, he wants me to be five times better individually than I was at the beginning of the season."

Zubac helped the D-Fenders improve to 7-3, averaging 17.3 points and 8.5 rebounds over six games. The 19-year-old even hit half of his six three-point attempts, along with a few of his signature move, the sky hook.

He's frustrated about not getting touches, which is accurate if you've been watching the games. No one on that team knows how to throw a proper post entry pass to him:
Quote:
“If I get the ball I can score on everybody,” Zubac said after Saturday night’s loss. “But I didn’t get any post-ups. Sometimes my teammates don’t think I’m in a better position than them. A couple possession I was wide open, but sometimes it’s hard to make that decision in a game when you’re playing.”

They need to keep him as far away as possible from the d-league. It's lord of the flies and everyone is trying to make a name for themselves.

Regardless he's getting some rhythm back and now that Nance/Black may be out he can come into a game with some basketball rhythm. This was absolutely the right move to have play with the Defenders.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

They need to keep him as far away as possible from the d-league. It's lord of the flies and everyone is trying to make a name for themselves.

Regardless he's getting some rhythm back and now that Nance/Black may be out he can come into a game with some basketball rhythm. This was absolutely the right move to have play with the Defenders.

I thought the right move would have been easing him into the rotation, not playing him rotation minutes when the injuries start piling up. NBA rep is different from d-league rep, so there will be an adjustment period for him. It reminds me of AB's situation last season. Recalled from the d-league only to start against Durant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I thought the right move would have been easing him into the rotation, not playing him rotation minutes when the injuries start piling up. NBA rep is different from d-league rep, so there will be an adjustment period for him. It reminds me of AB's situation last season. Recalled from the d-league only to start against Durant.

Not with Moz/Black/small ball Randle or Nance.

Zub would get no PT and no rhythm.

Now we have injuries, so good time to re-insert with rhythm after playing in several Defender games.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I hope Zu gets as much PT as possible. Mop-up time or whatever, any playing time is better than none at all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Good to see him on the floor.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

He only got about 4 minutes of playing time but he clearly had a huge presence on the defensive end.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Now we have injuries, so good time to re-insert with rhythm after playing in several Defender games.

the small ball is crap and a gimmick. you cant play small ball with Randle as your center
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:49 am    Post subject:

This would have been an ideal game to get more than 4-5 minutes.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

the small ball is crap and a gimmick. you cant play small ball with Randle as your center

Yet the NBA is doing it. We were running it well when we had a full roster and everyone was healthy.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Yet the NBA is doing it. We were running it well when we had a full roster and everyone was healthy.

Gsw: Dre green - spot candidate
Clippers: Jordan/Griffin
Spurs: Pau/lma
Nyk: Noah/porky
Minny:deng/Kat

You go small when u have the skill set. Randle doesn't know ABC's of basic defense, let alone play center and wipe out guard defensw
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

You go small when u have the skill set. Randle doesn't know ABC's of basic defense, let alone play center and wipe out guard defensw

And you think that the way to correct that is to not ever let him play small ball defense?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

And you think that the way to correct that is to not ever let him play small ball defense?

You have to understand that when Luke said this season was more about learning, what most people heard was 'the first 24 games'.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

the guy doesn't even try to play defense for his own PF position. give me a break
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Gsw: Dre green - spot candidate
Clippers: Jordan/Griffin
Spurs: Pau/lma
Nyk: Noah/porky
Minny:deng/Kat

You go small when u have the skill set. Randle doesn't know ABC's of basic defense, let alone play center and wipe out guard defense

rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

It's simple as that: as Anthony Brown, he's not NBA level material.
Gift him play time only to see Zubac destroyed is not changing anything, neither making Lg open-eyed dreams true.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
Gift him play time only to see Zubac destroyed is not changing anything, neither making Lg open-eyed dreams true.

Zubac is HOF material our C of the future, let's at least give him some playing time.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:

As opposed to Randle or Nance getting destroyed? Because that's what's happening right now. The defensive rankings haven't changed much this season, but it's approaching Byron-level efficiency right now. No one is making an active effort to deter shots in the paint.

Since AB is being brought up, here are his game-by-game minute numbers since he joined the pelicans:

7:48
2:42
8:31
9:58
21:47
25:27
19:12
29:22

Avg: 15.6 mpg

If he's playing 15 minutes a game, looks like he's earned himself rotation minutes (has a positive DBPM for them currently). Not sure why people keep saying he's not NBA caliber. A guy like that will always get time for defense alone.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject:

L.A. D-Fenders ‏@DFenders

OFFICIAL: @ivicazubac has been re-assigned to the @DFenders and is expected to appear with the team in tonight's game versus Reno.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I hope they don't play yo yo with this kid. He is to talented for that. This kid is potentially a big part of our future.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
rogers49 wrote:

As opposed to Randle or Nance getting destroyed? Because that's what's happening right now. The defensive rankings haven't changed much this season, but it's approaching Byron-level efficiency right now. No one is making an active effort to deter shots in the paint.

Since AB is being brought up, here are his game-by-game minute numbers since he joined the pelicans:

7:48
2:42
8:31
9:58
21:47
25:27
19:12
29:22

Avg: 15.6 mpg

If he's playing 15 minutes a game, looks like he's earned himself rotation minutes (has a positive DBPM for them currently). Not sure why people keep saying he's not NBA caliber. A guy like that will always get time for defense alone.

Not saying he hasn't earned PT BUT the Pels have the injury bug too. I'm sure this has in someway contributed to AB3's playing time. jus' sayin.

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS:
Jrue Holiday PG Toe
E'Twaun Moore SG Toe
Tyreke Evans PG Knee
Dante Cunningham SF
Quincy Pondexter SG
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac Assigned To D-Fenders For Third Time This Season

Quote:
Zubac will suit up for the D-Fenders on tonight when they take on the visiting Reno Bighorns at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo. The 19-year-old has played well during his stint in the D-League this season averaging 17.3 points, 8.5 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 blocks per game.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-ivica-zubac-assigned-to-d-fenders-for-third-time-this-season/2016/12/08/
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject:

D-Fenders win.

Zubac fouled out in the 4th Qt.

12 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject:

D-Fenders 128 Big Horns - 118

* Highlights: Ivica Zubac (12 points) vs. the Bighorns

yuurin98
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject:

"Coach Kobe..." O.o!!!
"Coach Coby Karl" Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I love basketball. *Metta voice*
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 92 of 290
Jump to: