OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 5:54 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

https://twitter.com/Lakerstweet1/status/861670644248793088

Good to see him working on his left. He switched his pivot foot so it's a good thing he plays in the NBA.

You're legally allowed to do that in the post as long as you shoot before you come down.

Wat

https://twitter.com/beastliest/status/860071432616792064

0:40 seconds

Thank you.

That's a change. Pivot was always supposed to remain planted. So is this new? And it only applies in the post?

It's been this way for a while. Same for NCAA and high school.

Where the eff have I been?

Don't like that at all. But at least it's an actual rule rather than an interpretation or a look away. I've oft agreed that it's not new rules the game needs but rather a consistent enforcement on the existing rules. So at the very least, the hypocrisy doesn't exist here.

But thank you very much for taking the time to school me.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:29 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac back in the gym

https://twitter.com/Lakerstweet1/status/861670644248793088

Good to see him working on his left. He switched his pivot foot so it's a good thing he plays in the NBA.

You're legally allowed to do that in the post as long as you shoot before you come down.

Wat

https://twitter.com/beastliest/status/860071432616792064

0:40 seconds

Thank you.

That's a change. Pivot was always supposed to remain planted. So is this new? And it only applies in the post?

It's been this way for a while. Same for NCAA and high school.

Where the eff have I been?

Don't like that at all. But at least it's an actual rule rather than an interpretation or a look away. I've oft agreed that it's not new rules the game needs but rather a consistent enforcement on the existing rules. So at the very least, the hypocrisy doesn't exist here.

But thank you very much for taking the time to school me.

Its the NBA. "Where traveling calls never happen."

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:32 am    Post subject:

Have y'all been watching Lebron, Wade, Harden, etc.? If the refs were being technical they could literally call traveling on 50% of their moves.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Have y'all been watching Lebron, Wade, Harden, etc.? If the refs were being technical they could literally call traveling on 50% of their moves.

I wish they would, honestly. Not because I dislike those players. But because I dislike hypocrisy. The refs blow their quickest whistles on centers for travelling. As far as travelling goes, it's gotten way out of hand. If they had called travelling on MJ & Pippen then like they do on centers now, it sure would have kept some legitimacy to the call itself. From the triple threat, there were few moves they didn't lift or drag their pivot. But, oh well. I'm a curmudgeon.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

add leonard to that list of travelers...

dreamshake posted that in the playoff thread, page 165.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject:

Interesting points on the evolving Center position.

Quote:
Our perception of the center position needs to change. One thing that seems like a given, at least from the execs I’ve talked to, is that the league will keep getting smaller. I’m not sure how small, but more and more teams will follow Golden State’s formula. The Cavs essentially become a carbon copy of the Warriors when they put Love at center. The Celtics have their own B-grade version with Horford and Thomas serving as their Draymond and Stephen Curry.

There will always be superstar bigs like Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Joel Embiid. There will be Defensive Player of the Year candidates like Draymond Green. The players I’m interested in are the guys like Horford and Love, who don’t put up big numbers because they aren’t asked to. Is the big man really dead? I don’t think so — they just look different than we’re used to. The NBA just evolved and demands them to be more complementary than featured.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-al-horford-boston-celtics-rise-of-stretch-5-68cc1067e83f
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
Our perception of the center position needs to change. One thing that seems like a given, at least from the execs I’ve talked to, is that the league will keep getting smaller. I’m not sure how small, but more and more teams will follow Golden State’s formula. The Cavs essentially become a carbon copy of the Warriors when they put Love at center. The Celtics have their own B-grade version with Horford and Thomas serving as their Draymond and Stephen Curry.

There will always be superstar bigs like Anthony Davis, Karl-Anthony Towns, and Joel Embiid. There will be Defensive Player of the Year candidates like Draymond Green. The players I’m interested in are the guys like Horford and Love, who don’t put up big numbers because they aren’t asked to. Is the big man really dead? I don’t think so — they just look different than we’re used to. The NBA just evolved and demands them to be more complementary than featured.

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-playoffs-al-horford-boston-celtics-rise-of-stretch-5-68cc1067e83f

That is why I think our roster is flawed, modern players can shoot and attack the basket scoring or drawing fouls.

We have big guys that can't shoot and guards that can't slash.

I would say we are "half good", but once all those non-shooters non-slashers are terrible defenders, our record is showing how good we are as a team.

Hayward and PG13 aren't superstars able to carry a franchise by themselves, but they are legit two way players without major flaws, I'd like to have players like them around our remaining young players to help stablishing a winning culture and good basketball habits.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

This dude really had 7/5 in 16 minutes last season with a 17 PER.. 2nd round pick that's suppose to be a long term project
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac‏Verified account @ivicazubac 4h4 hours ago
Feels great to be back in a gym! We got whole summer ahead of us to work hard... 💪🏻🏀
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

I think a decade ago, with the way he plays, Randle would be a small forward. We just automatically think of him as a power forward because we've gone with the shift in the goal posts. By this standard, big lumbering centers are what they are now - situational players.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

I think a decade ago, with the way he plays, Randle would be a small forward. We just automatically think of him as a power forward because we've gone with the shift in the goal posts. By this standard, big lumbering centers are what they are now - situational players.

Just cause he's undersized doesn't mean he'd be a SF, he's like Lamar Odom. He doesn't have the agility or laterally movement ability to play SF full time.

Small Ball is the reason we're trying to play him at Center, but he's a PF regardless.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

With a jump shot I believe it is still the best position for him. He has the athleticism to run with any SF of this league and his short arms are not a limiting factor for him there.

I may not be right about that, but in the future if Randle develops a jump shot and Ingram bulks up they may end up switching positions.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:

Just cause he's undersized doesn't mean he'd be a SF, he's like Lamar Odom. He doesn't have the agility or laterally movement ability to play SF full time.

Small Ball is the reason we're trying to play him at Center, but he's a PF regardless.

He has the agility and lateral movement
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:

He has the agility and lateral movement

This

He just lacks a reliable jump shot
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

I think positions will be more interchangeable. Like dlo and jc both being combo guards, it will be the same at the forward positions with julius and tiny
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Zubac putting in work

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUK7CQoB1ME/

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/864605532870459392

nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac putting in work

Monster jam, Nance is teaching him how one become a posterizing machine
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

My man Zu gonna be loving those lobs from DLO and now Ball next season.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Don't get me wrong, but lob and Dlo are two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

Dlo is going to find Ball and Ball is going to find Nance, Zubac, Ingram, Black, Brewer, Nwaba and JC, all very good alley oop finishers without a point guard able to complete 3 lob passes the entire season.

Russell is good shooting out of the PnR one of the Ball deficiencies and he is great finding shooters, if we keep Nick Young I believe we are going to see some Dlo, Ball and Nick lineups, but I can't remember Dlo throwing more than a couple of good lobs all the season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:11 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Don't get me wrong, but lob and Dlo are two words that don't belong in the same sentence.

Dlo is going to find Ball and Ball is going to find Nance, Zubac, Ingram, Black, Brewer, Nwaba and JC, all very good alley oop finishers without a point guard able to complete 3 lob passes the entire season.

Russell is good shooting out of the PnR one of the Ball deficiencies and he is great finding shooters, if we keep Nick Young I believe we are going to see some Dlo, Ball and Nick lineups, but I can't remember Dlo throwing more than a couple of good lobs all the season.

Russell can teach Lonzo to throw a bounce pass and Lonzo can teach Russell how to throw a lob - synergy!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac putting in work

Like father like son
...lol
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
nash wrote:
MJST wrote:
Zubac putting in work

Like father like son
...lol

From an individual standpoint I'm not as excited about Ball as a player as I'm about Fultz, but we have a chance to play an entertaining brand of basketball.

Ball, Dlo, Ingram and Zubac are high IQ players and willing passers, we have potential to be a great team moving the ball.

I remember when we got Pau, the ball just started to move from Kobe, to Lamar, to Pau, it was contagious until the year we finally defeated Boston. After that Kobe turned back to his old ways, but that three year span was one of the best times to root for our team.
Agramer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Zubac putting in work

Zu & Larry have competition in 3pt-ers at the end of every workout(100 attempts), Zu shoots over 50% and Larry over 60%. if they keep it up , they will be outside threats next season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8B1b38aFEw
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
nash wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Russell can teach Lonzo to throw a bounce pass and Lonzo can teach Russell how to throw a lob - synergy!

DLO threw a ton of lobs to Sam Thompson in college. Hope he and Lonzo can find that synergy.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

Zubac from yesterday's tweets sounds like he wants to mix up his game and be out in the perimeter shooting 3's
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 177, 178, 179 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 178 of 290
Jump to: