OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
tox wrote:
Is Tarik Black (assuming we bring him back) higher on the depth chart than Zubat?

Depends on what pokemon Tarik Black is.

Black strikes me as a Geodude

Rock is 4x super effective against poison flying, so I think Tarik will be ahead of Zubac.
misterioso
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:10 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
tox wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
tox wrote:
Is Tarik Black (assuming we bring him back) higher on the depth chart than Zubat?

Rock is 4x super effective against poison flying, so I think Tarik will be ahead of Zubac.

Geodude's main weakness is grass, so Geodude was Robert Upshaw.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
tox wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
tox wrote:

Rock most certainly is not 4x super effective against poison flying. Rock goes neutral against poison. But Tarik still's got the advantage.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

misterioso wrote:
The Logo wrote:
tox wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
tox wrote:

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:54 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
misterioso wrote:
The Logo wrote:
tox wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:
tox wrote:

Nerds.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:37 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I had never heard of this guy before the Lakers took him but after watching a view videos and reading a few articles, it seems that he was the perfect choice. Lottery talent according to most and the only reason he dropped was because he wants to come play in the NBA immediately. I'm fine with that considering we don't have any better options and our coaching staff will be able to help develop him first hand.

Hard to tell how mobile he is from highlight videos against other Euros but he seems to be able to run the floor well. No hops, but when you are 7'1 with a 7'4 wingspan, who cares? Hes only 19 and should get more athletic as he grows up anyways. Very excited to see him as a pick and roll big with Russell in summer league and as a rim runner and protector. Hopefully he is able to help in spot minutes next year as he continues to develop but my initial reaction is another late draft steal from the great Mitch Kupchek.

Yep. Meat 'n potatoes looks like. Can't argue with that. Boring point blank putbacks are still a board and 2 points...and that's usually more than Sacre can do. Plus, ZuBac keeps his arms straight up and stands erect (heh) when smalls challenge the rim. That's a good habit, don't lean in and don't bite on pump fakes and you won't pick up as many fouls.

Good pass at 3:20. That must be the Bosnian Marcelo Huertas.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:43 am    Post subject:

LeBronte Jest wrote:
Boom shock zublocka, yo here comes the post rocka.

ZuBac Rim-shakur.

Nevermind...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:51 am    Post subject:

Check out Lakers second round pick Ivica Zubac's highlights

ZU-BEAST!!
(you heard it 1st)

Quote:
The 7'1 center's best work comes (unsurprisingly) around the basket, where Zubac has soft hands and a few effective, if a bit robotic, post moves. Zubac gives good effort on the offensive glass, and while he's a bit slow due to his sheer size, he does show promise as a dive man out of pick-and-rolls.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/6/24/12023188/la-lakers-second-round-pick-ivica-zubac-highlights-draft?_ga=1.122729163.193711161.1451872745
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

hes gonna be our bogut. Gonna gice us toughness reb and shot blocking
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

I like the pick in theory.

Need to see him against NBA guys to see if he can keep up, but I think the team needed some bulk and Bob Sacre doesn't count since he is soft.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject:

Has Mike weighed in? Where has he been? This is his time of year!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I like the pick in theory.

Need to see him against NBA guys to see if he can keep up, but I think the team needed some bulk and Bob Sacre doesn't count since he is soft.

Nor does he count because he's not even on the team anymore.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Good point, but he somehow keeps coming back!

Here is a good link to the Lakers current salary info from basketball-reference.com:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Good point, but he somehow keeps coming back!

Here is a good link to the Lakers current salary info from basketball-reference.com:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html

Well now that we have Tarik to recruit back and Zubac, as well as of course potentially signing either Horford, Whiteside or Biyombo, I would think Sacre doesn't enter any picture anymore.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Well now that we have Tarik to recruit back and Zubac, as well as of course potentially signing either Horford, Whiteside or Biyombo, I would think Sacre doesn't enter any picture anymore.

I hope you are right my Laker brother.

Nothing personal against Sacre, but he is limited and plays soft. He has also been part of some of the worst teams in Laker history and I want guys like him, Kelly, Young gone.

Time to give Zubac, Black (hopefully we get him back) and then one of the big free agents for a new mix.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I hope you are right my Laker brother.

Nothing personal against Sacre, but he is limited and plays soft. He has also been part of some of the worst teams in Laker history and I want guys like him, Kelly, Young gone.

Time to give Zubac, Black (hopefully we get him back) and then one of the big free agents for a new mix.

Indeed.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
throw away pick...

How can you not take Ulis, Felder, Diallo?

At this level and based on what I've seen of him I'm in general going to take a 7-1 mobile big body 265 lb center at his age taking into consideration the potential that exists at that important Center position over 5-9 guards, even if it takes a bit of time to come around, especially considering he was projected at virtually double (#16) compared to where the Lakers drafted him (#32).

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

Does anybody know if he will play for his Olympic team or not?
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

If he can run up and down the court faster than Hibbert, I'm happy.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Scoffs wrote:
If he can run up and down the court faster than Hibbert (and not FALL), I'm happy.

FIXED
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:21 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
2019 wrote:
throw away pick...

At this level and based on what I've seen of him I'm in general going to take a 7-1 mobile big body 265 lb center at his age taking into consideration the potential that exists at that important Center position over 5-9 guards, even if it takes a bit of time to come around, especially considering he was projected at virtually double (#16) compared to where the Lakers drafted him (#32).

The fact that you literally named the biggest names available tells me that 2019 is one of the posters that is going to complain to complain. He literally named two undersized guards, whose upside is that of a high energy guard off the bench. Think a worse version of Ty Lawson, and Lawson wasn't very good to begin with. And I wanted Felder, but I'd take a legitimate 7 footer with soft hands and good feet 11 times out of 10 over an undersized guard. Those are a dime a dozen.

As for Diallo, I guess if you're wanting Bismack Biyombo at center than it makes sense that you'd want Diallo, since he offers virtually nothing offensively.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
2019 wrote:
throw away pick...

The fact that you literally named the biggest names available tells me that 2019 is one of the posters that is going to complain to complain. He literally named two undersized guards, whose upside is that of a high energy guard off the bench. Think a worse version of Ty Lawson, and Lawson wasn't very good to begin with. And I wanted Felder, but I'd take a legitimate 7 footer with soft hands and good feet 11 times out of 10 over an undersized guard. Those are a dime a dozen.

As for Diallo, I guess if you're wanting Bismack Biyombo at center than it makes sense that you'd want Diallo, since he offers virtually nothing offensively.

Not to mention... Mitch & the scouting crew are the actual professionals who saw way more of them. It's not like most of us knew anything about Zubac...

Just defer your preferences to the experts for a bit. Otherwise you end up like the tools trashing the LNJ pick before seeing what kind of player is.
RowellGboy7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
2019 wrote:
throw away pick...

Not to mention... Mitch & the scouting crew are the actual professionals who saw way more of them. It's not like most of us knew anything about Zubac...

Just defer your preferences to the experts for a bit. Otherwise you end up like the tools trashing the LNJ pick before seeing what kind of player is.

For real, how can anyone not give Mitch the benefit of the doubt at this point. Just look at the recent track record. He dodged Okafor, got Randle at 7, Clarkson a diamond, LNJ another diamond. I mean seriously, we could be in a much worse position if it weren't for Mitch and company's drafting. We could have Okafor, Vonleh, and some other trash instead of LNJ and Clarkson on board.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

I was just over on CBSsports.com and their Draft reviewer (guy) said he had Zubac as the 15th best player in the draft!

That made me feel a bit better about this pick, and feeling good is important, would you agree?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Most teams had Zubac in the top 20 but most passed since he didn't want to be stashed in Europe and wanted to play in the NBA now. They definitely had him rated higher than guys like Ullis, Felder and Diallo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 19 of 290
Jump to: