OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 243, 244, 245  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 May 2001
Posts: 2047
Location: Tega Cay, South Carolina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

Zu is a good kid and only 21. People act like he has been around forever and should be a vet with an advance game.

He is the only player that seems to have a quick hook and he rarely has be given a chance to play. All he needs is court time and a little confidence and he will be fine. He can rebound, defend the paint and score in the post if given a chance.

Anyway nice to see him get some minutes and play well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Posts: 4866
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject:

He was servicable on O, but his defense is atrocious. Hopefully the teams as whole slowly picks it up on that side of the ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Flashback
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 Jul 2010
Posts: 184

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Zu is a good kid and only 21. People act like he has been around forever and should be a vet with an advance game.

He is the only player that seems to have a quick hook and he rarely has be given a chance to play. All he needs is court time and a little confidence and he will be fine. He can rebound, defend the paint and score in the post if given a chance.

Anyway nice to see him get some minutes and play well.


I absolutelly agree. He just needs some game exp to gain confidence, and we gonna have a solid backup C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 1398

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject:

Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13081
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject:

He plays better against traditional centers.
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15344
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.


I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jan 2002
Posts: 6512
Location: Lake Forest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

Flashback wrote:
oldlakerfan wrote:
Zu is a good kid and only 21. People act like he has been around forever and should be a vet with an advance game.

He is the only player that seems to have a quick hook and he rarely has be given a chance to play. All he needs is court time and a little confidence and he will be fine. He can rebound, defend the paint and score in the post if given a chance.

Anyway nice to see him get some minutes and play well.


I absolutelly agree. He just needs some game exp to gain confidence, and we gonna have a solid backup C.


Dude is 39 days old than Mo Wagner. He should be schooling the youngin!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6594

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Maybe playing against Chandler in practice will help raise his game.

I wouldn't get rid of him yet because Tyson is old and Zu is still only 21.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15344
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe playing against Chandler in practice will help raise his game.

I wouldn't get rid of him yet because Tyson is old and Zu is still only 21.


We don't need three players who do the same thing. Instead, we another player with length but quick enough to defend on the perimeter when Javale or Chandler can't.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 17762
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

I do think we need a third string center. Javale is such a huge part of this team, and hasn't played the kind of minutes he's playing this season since forever. He goes down for any stretch this season? We'll rely heavily on Tyson Chandler, and he's going to need breathers. Conversely, I don't expect Chander at his age is likely to be 100% all season either, and Zubac just showed last night that he can do just enough to counter a 'go big' strategy. Zubac is now end of the bench, in a perfect world we won't need him, but I think the reality is that we will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 2014
Location: Costa Rica

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I do think we need a third string center. Javale is such a huge part of this team, and hasn't played the kind of minutes he's playing this season since forever. He goes down for any stretch this season? We'll rely heavily on Tyson Chandler, and he's going to need breathers. Conversely, I don't expect Chander at his age is likely to be 100% all season either, and Zubac just showed last night that he can do just enough to counter a 'go big' strategy. Zubac is now end of the bench, in a perfect world we won't need him, but I think the reality is that we will.
m

This. Injuries are a b and older players take longer to recover.
_________________
"a new level of asinine intellectual dishonesty that has rarely been witnessed here."

DaMuleRules, 2 Sept 2017
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 2318

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.


I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.


This was a great move for the FO. Chandler is the missing link. He’ll spell McGee perfectly. As for Zu, he played great last night but doesn’t do it consistently. He’s unfortunately still learning. The goner here is Williams who shouldn’t even be on the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15344
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.


I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.


This was a great move for the FO. Chandler is the missing link. He’ll spell McGee perfectly. As for Zu, he played great last night but doesn’t do it consistently. He’s unfortunately still learning. The goner here is Williams who shouldn’t even be on the roster.


I don't expect Williams to get cut as his two-way contract has no effect on the 15 man roster.

I'm hoping we can trade Zu for an athletic big who can guard on the perimeter. That's the kind of player we can use now instead of keeping a redundant piece like Zu in case of injury.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 6594

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Maybe playing against Chandler in practice will help raise his game.

I wouldn't get rid of him yet because Tyson is old and Zu is still only 21.


We don't need three players who do the same thing. Instead, we another player with length but quick enough to defend on the perimeter when Javale or Chandler can't.


Yeah but Chandler might not be playing by next season. Good to have him mentor Zu to take over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kobe8One
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 23 May 2011
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

Zu Always played well with PNR point guards.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3240
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I do think we need a third string center. Javale is such a huge part of this team, and hasn't played the kind of minutes he's playing this season since forever. He goes down for any stretch this season? We'll rely heavily on Tyson Chandler, and he's going to need breathers. Conversely, I don't expect Chander at his age is likely to be 100% all season either, and Zubac just showed last night that he can do just enough to counter a 'go big' strategy. Zubac is now end of the bench, in a perfect world we won't need him, but I think the reality is that we will.


I agree. We already have depth at every other position. But if McGee goes out with injury, we are screwed. I like the insurance that Zubac provides, even with Chandler here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3949

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
Walton gave Zubac final chance. After Chandler’s arrival, Zubac will only see limited minutes if any. So now basically if we need offence we play Zubac if we need defend we play Chandler. At least Zubac still has a role on this team.


I was wondering if that was a showcase game so they can try and get something for him instead of just waiving him. Javale, Tyson and Zu are all traditional centers. I don't see us having playing time for all three.

Offensively, I don't know if Zu brings anything that Javale or Tyson can't also provide. He's basically just providing tip-ins and at the rim dunks.


This was a great move for the FO. Chandler is the missing link. He’ll spell McGee perfectly. As for Zu, he played great last night but doesn’t do it consistently. He’s unfortunately still learning. The goner here is Williams who shouldn’t even be on the roster.

Williams isn't going anywhere. He's on a two-way deal. But I'd definitely pick him over Zubac if it was necessary to choose. The team doesn't have a small ball five. I'm hoping they'll waive Zubac and sign Swaggy since this team is still in dire need of shooting. I'd be fully satisfied with the roster if they made that final move.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1524

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Ivica Zubac is only 21 yrs old. He is not going anywhere. I think the front office will be patient with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 784

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
Ivica Zubac is only 21 yrs old. He is not going anywhere. I think the front office will be patient with him.


Southbay Lakers baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1524

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Ivica Zubac is only 21 yrs old. He is not going anywhere. I think the front office will be patient with him.


Southbay Lakers baby!


yep! Still needs to work on his conditioning. He can take his time at dleague since we signed Tyson Chandler.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 2588

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Like many have said, no need to cut Zu. We don’t need a roster spot.

That may change if more buyouts occur and serviceable players become available.

Until then, keep developing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 1328

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Zu is okay when he comes in every 3rd game for 15 minutes.

i don't have faith, at this stage in his career, that he can hold down the fort for us for extended periods of time.

sometimes you just need a big body on the floor, and he's just that.

he won't be on the team next year if he doesn't show up ASAP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 7657
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

He just seems too slow and lumbering to defend at this level and in this era. Not sure how he can change that too much.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lotc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Apr 2011
Posts: 515
Location: W.Covina

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

i dont know about you guys, but whenever hes in the game it just makes me mad. He has no reason to be on this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2014

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

His hands are a little too soft.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 243, 244, 245  Next
Page 244 of 245
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB