OFFICIAL IVICA ZUBAC THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 288, 289, 290  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully, Doc could turn Zubac into an all-star, then Magic would get the axe because then this trade would be as bad as the Moz/Deng signing, which was the reason for the firing of the previous regime.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Being born and raised in LA, only silver lining for me personally, is that Zu went to the LA Clippers, and although I bleed purple and gold, I'm also a Clippers fan.

Had season seats to both for many years.

Still however, WTF is Maginka thinking...
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject:

I didn't mind the D'Angelo trade at that time, but losing Zu and Beas for Muscala is one that I'm going to feel for a while.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
I didn't mind the D'Angelo trade at that time, but losing Zu and Beas for Muscala is one that I'm going to feel for a while.

Me neither, especially so shortly after ruining his teammates relationship.

But now I look at his 3pt percentage and ...
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
lounger wrote:

Me neither, especially so shortly after ruining his teammates relationship.

But now I look at his 3pt percentage and ...

I guess he learned a lot from Nick Young
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:

This is a weird take b/c one ended up being an all star in the East.

I guess as fans we are entitled to root for whomever we want.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

I guess you can convince yourself by saying trading DLO is for a bigger picture of signing two max. But this Zubac trade? We hardly gain anything significant.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

I guess you can convince yourself by saying trading DLO is for a bigger picture of signing two max. But this Zubac trade? We hardly gain anything significant.

I like Zub. But I'm not going to pretend he has all star potential. It's more of a personal thing if you liked Zub as a person.

This is something long-time Lakers fans (I'm 30+ years and counting) are not so used to. Having so many young drafted players and seeing them not stick on the team long term. It really pains me to see young guys leave so quickly. We haven't had 1 guy out of the past 4-5 years stay long-term on an extension yet.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

I like Zub. But I'm not going to pretend he has all star potential. It's more of a personal thing if you liked Zub as a person.

This is something long-time Lakers fans (I'm 30+ years and counting) are not so used to. Having so many young drafted players and seeing them not stick on the team long term. It really pains me to see young guys leave so quickly. We haven't had 1 guy out of the past 4-5 years stay long-term on an extension yet.

I actually have no problem with trading Zubac. My main issue is we didn’t get equal value in return. I wouldn’t be so bothered if what we got was a 2021 1st round pick
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

I actually have no problem with trading Zubac. My main issue is we didn’t get equal value in return. I wouldn’t be so bothered if what we got was a 2021 1st round pick

He's not getting that in return.

I hear you. Zub really grew on me and I wanted to keep him thanks to his low cap hold. I have a hard time trusting their evaluation of centers as they let Brook go (big mistake), then kept Zub (while trading away a cost controlled Bryant, another mistake)...then traded Zub to get a guy who is in the archetype of Brook/Bryant.

Facepalm.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

I like Zu & will still pull for him until the Clips play the Lakers. But in the meantime...... I'm not going to sweat it, I'm moving on. #ByeZu
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

Exactly... It's the value of the trade. With Russel and Mozgov, the trade also gave cap flexibility for the summer of 2018 and beyond. We got Brook, and the rights to Kuzma. But Zu, Beas for Muscala? 34% at 3 and inconsistent... Maybe the free roster spot? But until we sign anyone worth it then it's a bad trade.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

lounger wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

Exactly... It's the value of the trade. With Russel and Mozgov, the trade also gave cap flexibility for the summer of 2018 and beyond. We got Brook, and the rights to Kuzma. But Zu, Beas for Muscala? 34% at 3 and inconsistent... Maybe the free roster spot? But until we sign anyone worth it then it's a bad trade.

We're not getting a 1st rounder though for him.

Muscala, the jury's still out on him and we have yet to use the open spot.

I think realistically we should have squeezed a 2nd rounder for Zub at the least.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

Zubac was the more valuable player in the trade. I'm surprised we couldn't get more for him. And we dont need Muscula. We already have him - his name is Mo Wagnee. If we wanted to get rid of Beasley, we could have just waived him. I know it was likely that Zubac was gone this summer anyway, but no downside to keeping him just in case we wanted to. Really a head scratcher of a trade.

.... and this doesn't even mention the lack of foresight in developing this roster last summer. Thomas Bryant anyone?

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Zubac was the more valuable player in the trade. I'm surprised we couldn't get more for him. And we dont need Muscula. We already have him - his name is Mo Wagnee. If we wanted to get rid of Beasley, we could have just waived him. I know it was likely that Zubac was gone this summer anyway, but no downside to keeping him just in case we wanted to. Really a head scratcher of a trade.

.... and this doesn't even mention the lack of foresight in developing this roster last summer. Thomas Bryant anyone?

Yeah. Bryant was the cost-controlled option we should have kept.

Very clunky transaction indeed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lounger wrote:

I have no problem with trading Zubac either. But the Clippers dominated that trade. Zu fills a big hole for them while we got a warm body out of it.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Very clunky transaction indeed.

It fills me with Dammit
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

moves like this make me question the overall competence of the FO
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Good test today for him vs KAT.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

No touches in the post in the 1st. 0/1/1 through 7 minutes

KAT 2/1/1 with 3 turnovers, 1-2 from the field
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Zubac looks awful right now. He's constantly getting stripped which was my biggest issue with him.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Zubac helping the tank along.

1/1/1 with 3 turnovers. 0/1 from the field. 1/2 from ft. 0 blks 1 pf in 11 minutes.

Clippers down 8 at the half
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Zugoat update.

3 pts, 4 tos, 1 rb 1 as
Team worst -35 in 14 minutes
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Looking good tonight vs Suns: 16 pt, 7 boards so far and 8-8 free throws
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Zubac with 16 points in 21 minutes on 7 shots, against Deandre Ayton. Ayton had a good game too, he has a lot of potential.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 288, 289, 290  Next
Page 289 of 290
Jump to: