OFFICIAL Lakers 2016 Summer League Thread (consolation game vs UTAH @ 7:30 PM PT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210, 211  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject:

DLo, Nance and Zubac with a great summer league
Ingram with a decent one
A.Brown played

Can't wait to see how JC/Randle and Black progressed too!!!
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
15 wrote:
WHERE ARE ALL THE DLO SWALLOWERS AT NOW? 0-9 in 2nd half?

Uncalled for, and classless...

Yes, but you gotta admit it is kinda funny

I guess during Kobe's 20 years. Every time he had one of those 12 for 30 games, there were a bunch of swallowers? I don't get it. These types of so-called "fans" are quite pathetic actually. Just waiting for players on your own team to fail, so you can come and rub it in? Seriously, these people need to GET A LIFE.

Hopefully he got some days off for that post.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

We have some miserable posters on this site. Go do something with your lives. You spend way too much time turning threads into piss and moans. No success in your own personal lives so you depend on the Lakers for those moments. Smh
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
lakerhaterhater wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:
15 wrote:
WHERE ARE ALL THE DLO SWALLOWERS AT NOW? 0-9 in 2nd half?

Uncalled for, and classless...

Yes, but you gotta admit it is kinda funny

I guess during Kobe's 20 years. Every time he had one of those 12 for 30 games, there were a bunch of swallowers? I don't get it. These types of so-called "fans" are quite pathetic actually. Just waiting for players on your own team to fail, so you can come and rub it in? Seriously, these people need to GET A LIFE.

Hopefully he got some days off for that post.

He did.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

A+ summer league.

We found or confirmed that we have 4 legitimate rotation players in

DLo/Ingram/nance/zubac

Brown is still on the fringe.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:08 am    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
At this point, with the summer league concluded:

I'm very positive on Ingram, Zubac, and Nance. I believe all 3 can be solid two way players in the league that the Lakers should build around.

DLo and Julius Randle I would trade. I don't like either player and did not on draft night. Some of the other guys I was skeptical on draft night were Nance and Zubac, but after watching them I warmed up and realized those two are really good. So it's not a draft night bias. I simply don't think DLo and Randle are 2 way players now, and I don't think they ever will be. The each have physical defects that can't be overcome.

Clarkson, obviously we've paid him so gotta keep him.

So of the "tank" drafts...I think Ingram, Zubac, Nance, Clarkson are keepers. DLo/Randle...get something for them while you still can.
Anthony Brown ain't worth jack.

Russell had a great Summer League, drawing rave reviews from well outside of Lakerland. I don't know what to say to this. Not only are his defensive issues wildly overblown as a result of misunderstanding defensive coverages, but I just saw a scoring PG w/questionable defensive ability have a dominant NBA Finals and win a championship. I don't get some of you guys at all.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

Practice wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

I'm very positive on Ingram, Zubac, and Nance. I believe all 3 can be solid two way players in the league that the Lakers should build around.

DLo and Julius Randle I would trade. I don't like either player and did not on draft night. Some of the other guys I was skeptical on draft night were Nance and Zubac, but after watching them I warmed up and realized those two are really good. So it's not a draft night bias. I simply don't think DLo and Randle are 2 way players now, and I don't think they ever will be. The each have physical defects that can't be overcome.

So of the "tank" drafts...I think Ingram, Zubac, Nance, Clarkson are keepers. DLo/Randle...get something for them while you still can.

Personally I wouldn't trade anyone. They all showed good and bad while we haven't see anything from Randle and Clarkson since the season ended. Russell the best player on this summer league team IMO.

I would not trade any of the young core either. IMO they need to see where this goes this year. It was agonizing to watch the Lakers "earn" the lottery picks. Trading them before seeing what they can offer makes no sense.

The improved chemistry among the players and buy-in to Walton's system is very noticeable. As mentioned , all the core have had bright spots including Brown. I want to see what develops over this season before making the decision to trade any of them.

JMO but I think some are underestimating the potential of the young guys. The change of coaching staff, actually having systems in place, balanced roster depth and the addition of seasoned vets this year will help these young men improve immensely.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:
A+ summer league.

We found or confirmed that we have 4 legitimate rotation players in

DLo/Ingram/nance/zubac

Brown is still on the fringe.

And maybe some campo invites in Auguste, J. Brown, Fall, etc....
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

It'll be hard to get back any picks now. Damn you Mitch lol

NBA is on laker watch.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Russell had a great Summer League, drawing rave reviews from well outside of Lakerland. I don't know what to say to this. Not only are his defensive issues wildly overblown as a result of misunderstanding defensive coverages, but I just saw a scoring PG w/questionable defensive ability have a dominant NBA Finals and win a championship. I don't get some of you guys at all.

Let it go. Some guys just won't let go of trying to be "right."
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
So do camp invites on USA select team scrimmage the guys who will be on the actual squad? And if they do does it get televised

Don't know if there will be scrimmage games shown but NBATV will have a Real Training Camp: 2016 USA Basketball series starting Tues @ noon PST.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:25 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dcastillo wrote:
So do camp invites on USA select team scrimmage the guys who will be on the actual squad? And if they do does it get televised

Don't know if there will be scrimmage games shown but NBATV will have a Real Training Camp: 2016 USA Basketball series starting Tues @ noon PST.

Gracias👌🏽
Golden_Emperor_24K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

Both our #2 picks struggled in their 1st summer league. And both thrived in their last game and against the same team i think. Against the Jazz.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

How long is USA basketball tourney?

I'm afraid of baseball
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Let it go. Some guys just won't let go of trying to be "right."

And some LG'rs just go from game to game saying So-n-So sucks or the same So-n-So is a potential star.

I do think DLO & Ingram are going to be core. But there's plenty of talented young guys that will look horrible, for now, when playing against experienced NBA caliber players.

Lakers coaching will have the hardest job of separating who's going to grow and who's not, but that is part of a rebuilding process which takes time. We fans say it but when push comes to shove, we don't get it; we'll go back to he sucks, jo he's going to be a star...

Hopefully, the coaching staff holds its' own and makes a real team going forward. I'm thinking team Synergy will be the key. Who knows, maybe one or two of these kids is legit but expect rough waters from LG'rs in the next few years...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

Golden_Emperor_24K wrote:
Both our #2 picks struggled in their 1st summer league. And both thrived in their last game and against the same team i think. Against the Jazz.

Yeah I think both guys felt the world of expectations but were trying to to go out there and overdo it to the point of alienating their teammates or failing.

Next year he'l be a terror in SL.

As for this season, I'd like to see a kid who can come in, hit open shots, play great D, and then show flashes or play making, pushing the ball, up and under moves, ball fakes, jab steps, the spin move, scoring streaks, etc.

I've never been ridiculously high on him but he's shown some impressive moments in SL. Just needs a lot of refinement and improvement.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

How long is USA basketball tourney?

I'm afraid of baseball

this is the game schedule:

http://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2016/07/nba-tv-announcement.aspx

NBA TV’s USA Basketball Exhibition Game Telecast Schedule presented by Nike

Fri., July 22, at 9 p.m. ET USA Men’s National Team vs. Argentina*

Matt Winer, Steve Smith, Jared Greenberg

Sun., July 24, at 8 p.m. USA Men’s National Team vs. China*

Marv Albert, Reggie Miller, Greenberg

Mon., July 25, at 10 p.m. USA Women’s National Team vs. USA Basketball Select Team

Vince Cellini, Lisa Leslie, Kristen Ledlow

Tue., July 26, at 10 p.m. USA Men’s National Team vs. China*

Winer, Smith, Greenberg

Wed., July 27, at 7:30 p.m. USA Women’s National Team vs. France

Cellini, Leslie, Ledlow

Fri., July 29, at 7 p.m. USA Women’s National Team vs. Canada

Cellini, Leslie, Ledlow

Fri., July 29, at 9 p.m. USA Men’s National Team vs. Venezuela*

Winer, Grant Hill, Greenberg

Sun., July 31, at 4 p.m. USA Women’s National Team vs. Australia

Cellini, Leslie, Ledlow

Mon., August 1, at 8 p.m. USA Men’s National Team vs. Nigeria*

Winer, Hill, Greenberg
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

Wow how can you be anything but excited about the future of the Lakers.

DLO has really improved by a Hugh amount and so has Nance. You expect that Randle and Clarkson will also improve greatly.

Ingram showed he is a player but will need to develop and Zubac has got a lot going for him and should make the rotation.

A Brown showed he is healthy and give him some time in the gym to get his shot going. He still has time before camp to figure it out

We have a few Vets in Mozgov, Deng, Williams and Calderon to compliment are really strong youthful core.

We have a really promising coaching staff that has already turned around the attitude of the entire franchise.

We will be better than people think and we will be fun to watch. We will prove to be a popular destination for future free agents. We will have tradable assets.

This is not a championship contender next year or probably next year but after that we will be for years to come.

There is hope again in Laker land, there is a fun team to watch and a great group of guys to root for.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject:

Has anyone been watching the other Summer League games? If so is there any players who aren't signed to an NBA team that they would like the Lakers to send an invite for training camp to.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:

Russell had a bunch of turnovers and played terrible defense against guys that aren't even rotation level players. There's way more to the game than shooting, and if the Lakers continue to ignore it, we will continue to be a really bad team.

Need 2 way players on the team. You can tout true shooting percentage all you want. That's simply code for "he's a good 3 point shooter". Way more to being an effective WINNING player than shooting 3s.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
focus wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
If the purpose of Summer League is to see flashes of what your young guys can be, I'd say that this year was a rousing success. Russell, Nance, Ingram, & Zubac all showed glimpses of what they might be, and often much more than that. The only guy who disappointed IMO was Brown.

Special shout out to Ryan West and the Scouting Department. Clarkson (#46), Nance (#27), & Zubac (#32) in 3 straight years? Are you kidding me? That's shades of his father back in the day, when he used to get guys like AC Green, Vlade Divac, Elden Campbell, Nick Van Exel, etc. later in the draft. Tremendous work

Absolutely this could be its own stickied thread as these guys progress throughout the years. West Jr. and the scouts. I used to worry we were not scouting internationally very much (and the Spurs picking up a couple guys every year ticked me off), but those concerns are gone now.

Seriously. Teams will. Be scared to trade 2nd rounders to us from now on.

When I grade our Basketball Operations the last 3 years. The only passing grade I give is in Drafting. And that's largely due to the late round picks.

My Jim and Mitch report card for the last 3 years.
Trades- D
Free Agency- F
Drafting- A
Coaching choices- C-
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

You realize Nance and clarkson are here as the result of trades, right?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Good point. And arguably, I could factor that into their trade grades.
But here is my train of thought.

Trading for a late round pick in itself isn't that impressive of a thing to do. They can easily be bought. Alot of teams do it.

It's drafting a top prospect with that late pick that's impressive. So I put that in my drafting grade and not the trade grade.

Last edited by kikanga on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Clarkson was bought.

Nance came from the Lin deal.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Clarkson was bought.

Nance came from the Lin deal.

Both are still trades for assets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210, 211  Next
Page 209 of 211
Jump to: