Hmmmm....Well, Maybe we're formulating into somewhat of a clone like spinoff of Golden State..Hear me out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Hmmmm....Well, Maybe we're formulating into somewhat of a clone like spinoff of Golden State..Hear me out

Of course D-Lo and Clarkson are not the shooters Curry and Klay are...99% of the population aren't...But....

D-Lo - A play maker, descent ball handler, 6'5, can score multiple ways...great passer...young of course,..a descent shooter... more of a slasher than Curry

Clarkson- A descent shooter, 6'5ish..slasher..can create just as good if not better than Klay...scorer

Ingram- More athletic than Barnes, probably a better ashooter...Potentially even a better offensive threat...Also can be a better defender..Better offensive arsenal

Zubac- 7'1ish...could be a good to great rebounder and a rim protector... tons of potential on offense...

Randle- Can handle the ball solidly for a 4 man...mid range game is getting there...still needs work on outside shot...can see him being able to knock down the 3 ball eventually....

I'm not drinking the homerism (well, I'm from Michigan, so technically not a homer,..but could be bias I guess) kool-aid....but...Anyone else see's maybe a little itty bitty sprinkle of comparable Golden State blue print with what we have thus far? Thoughts
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Closer to OKC. GS backcourt cant be replicated.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

OX1947 wrote:

True that...I think our 3,4,5 position may be sorta closer to Golden State..back court I'd say more comparable to OKC...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Agree, closer to OKC. Only hopefully with less isos and more ball movement.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

True that...I think our 3,4,5 position may be sorta closer to Golden State..back court I'd say more comparable to OKC...

I hope by the end of free agency. It is exactly that.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Well...now that I think about it...I agree...more OKC comparable
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

The way the young core is looking right now (Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Ingram, Nance, Zubac), we're closer to OKC than GS. Especially physically.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge (and has been since we got Luke) that we are trying to built our own version of a modern, GSW like, team. Not sure what there is new to talk about in this thread.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Team Defensive Efficiency 2015-16:

#8. Golden State
#30. LA Lakers

So no, there's not really any comparison between the two teams. Klay, Bogut, Green, Iguodala can all D up. Lakers have nobody except Nance to do that.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
Team Defensive Efficiency 2015-16:

#8. Golden State
#30. LA Lakers

So no, there's not really any comparison between the two teams. Klay, Bogut, Green, Iguodala can all D up. Lakers have nobody except Nance to do that.

They also didn't have Byron Scott coaching.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Closer to 2004 Detroit Pistons depending on if we get Horford and Whiteside. As is, yeah they remind me of a mesh of both GSW and OKC. We got poor man's Curry, Durant, Green, Bogut and a very very poor man's Westbrook according to Dave 20

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Can you imagine OKC with ball movement?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I'd say we're more comparable to the Nets, actually.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

I'd say we're more comparable to the Nets, actually.

Damn
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Can you imagine OKC with ball movement?
yes. 3-1 on defending champs
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Closer to 2004 Detroit Pistons depending on if we get Horford and Whiteside. As is, yeah they remind me of a mesh of both GSW and OKC. We got poor man's Curry, Durant, Green, Bogut and a very very poor man's Westbrook according to Dave 20

Honestly, some of these Laker fans bringing the hype to this collection of young players remind of Clipper fans back in the early 2000s when they hyped up Miles, Brand, Odom, Maggette, Richardson, Livingston. Those Clipper teams, while entertaining, won nothing and were generally bad because the Clippers never got enough solid veterans around them.

This collection of Lakers is a 20 win team right now if they do nothing. They absolutely need to hit a home run in free agency. Our roster last year had way too many guys that didn't even belong in the league, especially on the bench.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject:

*decent
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject:

that's the plan.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Back in the day people wanted us to become a clone of the 90s Bulls. We should forget about copying another team and just build on what we have right now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Back in the day people wanted us to become a clone of the 90s Bulls. We should forget about copying another team and just build on what we have right now.

Yep, all I know about knockoffs is that they are usually inferior and worse in quality than the original....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm....Well, Maybe we're formulating into somewhat of a clone like spinoff of Golden State..Hear me out

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
Of course D-Lo and Clarkson are not the shooters Curry and Klay are...99% of the population aren't...But....

D-Lo - A play maker, descent ball handler, 6'5, can score multiple ways...great passer...young of course,..a descent shooter... more of a slasher than Curry

Clarkson- A descent shooter, 6'5ish..slasher..can create just as good if not better than Klay...scorer

Ingram- More athletic than Barnes, probably a better ashooter...Potentially even a better offensive threat...Also can be a better defender..Better offensive arsenal

Zubac- 7'1ish...could be a good to great rebounder and a rim protector... tons of potential on offense...

Randle- Can handle the ball solidly for a 4 man...mid range game is getting there...still needs work on outside shot...can see him being able to knock down the 3 ball eventually....

I'm not drinking the homerism (well, I'm from Michigan, so technically not a homer,..but could be bias I guess) kool-aid....but...Anyone else see's maybe a little itty bitty sprinkle of comparable Golden State blue print with what we have thus far? Thoughts

I think some people will project a Warriors blueprint simply because we hired Luke as our coach from them. If we had hired another coach, I doubt anyone would be comparing this roster to Golden State. In terms of style of play, weaknesses and strength, I don't see that our guys are similar to Golden State's players.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Vs Golden State:

Zubac vs Bogut
Randle vs Green
Brown vs Barnes
Ingram vs Thompson
Russell vs Curry

Nance vs Speights
Clarkson vs Livingston

Vs OKC

Zubac vs Adams
Randle vs Sabonis
Ingram vs KD
Brown vs Roberson
Russell vs Westbrook

Nance vs IIyasova
Clarkson vs Oladipo

Vs Timberwolves

Zubac vs Towns
Randle vs Dieng
Ingram vs Wiggins
Clarkson vs LaVine
Russell vs Dunn

Interesting comparison.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmmm....Well, Maybe we're formulating into somewhat of a clone like spinoff of Golden State..Hear me out

activeverb wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:

I think some people will project a Warriors blueprint simply because we hired Luke as our coach from them. If we had hired another coach, I doubt anyone would be comparing this roster to Golden State. In terms of style of play, weaknesses and strength, I don't see that our guys are similar to Golden State's players.

Its going to be a young defensive team that will have an influx of veteran talent and leadership, there is no ceiling for this team
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Yep, all I know about knockoffs is that they are usually inferior and worse in quality than the original....

GS copied San Antonio and Miami. It's not a big deal. You learn from other teams and maximize your own talent.

Not sure where Ingram is comparable to anyone on GS. Yeah you want long guys who are versatile and can shoot. So does everyone else.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:07 am    Post subject:

ugh this idea is getting so old already

We're not building a clone of anything. We have some similarities in our players but that's about it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: