The Night Of (HBO Mini Series) ***SPOILER ALERT***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

^ Same here LM.

I can't blame him for the cash grab (Transformers), but I'm glad John Turturro is back in form again.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

Writing is getting lazy, kinda disappointed. Oh well, 2 more episodes left. I have no idea who the killer is, but they are strongly hinting at the step father. My theory is the step father hired Duane Reed to do the deed, and we'll find that out at the end of the next episode. But Naz ends up killing the guy who threatened him in prison, and ends up staying in jail anyways.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Writing is getting lazy, kinda disappointed. Oh well, 2 more episodes left. I have no idea who the killer is, but they are strongly hinting at the step father. My theory is the step father hired Duane Reed to do the deed, and we'll find that out at the end of the next episode. But Naz ends up killing the guy who threatened him in prison, and ends up staying in jail anyways.

You could be onto something. Still tough to stray too far away from Naz being the killer. But would not be disappointed if it ended as you described.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:31 am    Post subject:

Thoughts on the Dad leaving the food by the door? And is the cab a non-issue? Oh, and what about the little brother. Was that him spray painting the school lockers?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject:

Freddie said it was his funeral when Naz said his parents brought him some clothes. Freddie said yeah but they won't be right. What's the significance of a white shirt in court?

Andrea had money, around 12 million. It looks like the killer may the step father. Didn't he have some scratches on his back in a earlier episode?

Naz is starting to get high with Freddie. He's getting use to prison life.

Is it just me or does Naz look a little buffed?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

I feel like the identity of the killer is the least interesting thing about the show. I almost don't even care.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
My prediction for the murderer is Don Taylor. When I watched Andrea back in episode 1, it felt like she was running away from an authoritative figure's influence over her life. Just the vibe I got from her. And Don did make quite a scene at the funeral. That guy asked Don what he was doing there. Hopefully Stone can get to the bottom of it.
Either Don was mad Andrea got that nice house from Andrea's mother instead of him. Remember he lives in Queens.
Or maybe he was sexually attracted to Andrea and didn't like her having a 1 night stand with Naz.

Patting myself on the back. I think I guessed right.

That mortician is still a solid suspect though.
But I think the mortician's real purpose in the story is to hammer into the viewer the Samson and Delilah theme.
The victim's actions leading up to her death can be interpreted as a modern day Delilah. Naz was tempted and then incapacitated by her. Similarly to when Samson was enamored with Delilah and eventually lost his hair and eyes because of it.
I can imagine Naz's story ending similarly to Samson's. He won't walk away from this experience alive and free. But like Samson in chains. He'll bring the whole building (case) down and die through the process.
Once he messed with Delilah, Samson (Naz) never could go back to the life he lived prior to meeting her. The one question I have is, who is God in the metaphor? Samson was vindicated through his death. Maybe justice = God. Maybe by trying to prove Naz is guilty in this trial, the state finds the real murderer.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

Another great episode. I think it would be way too obvious if the mortician was the killer...or mayeb thats what they want you to think...who knows.

Its crazy how many actors form past HBO shows are in this series, lol. The judge was Childress from the first season of true detective and the girl's father was Mickey Doyle from Boardwalk empire.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking there could be a connection between her Step dad, Freddie, and Duane. This show is fantastic HBO has another hit on their hands.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

I'm still leaning insurance guy. He probably teamed up with the step dad in some fashion.

(bleep) it all. Naz's dad is the killer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:03 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Thoughts on the Dad leaving the food by the door? And is the cab a non-issue? Oh, and what about the little brother. Was that him spray painting the school lockers?

I think he was showing his appreciation for what Chandra's doing for his son, Naz.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:

I think he was showing his appreciation for what Chandra's doing for his son, Naz.

No, he was just extremely embarrassed that he was a delivery boy.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Naz turned dark in the joint

Naz vs step dad vs duane Reade

Who knows, maybe there's a boyfriend to be introduced?
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Im thinking the boyfriend might be the insurance guy.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:27 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Ted wrote:

I feel like the identity of the killer is the least interesting thing about the show. I almost don't even care.

Yeah that's true, although I think the identity of the killer will tie all the loose ends together. I'm actually more interested in Freddy's role in this whole thing.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Going back to that episode at Naz's bail hearing where his high profile lawyer said something to the effect of how prison can turn innocent people into criminals, I think that is what they are trying to show with Naz. And if this series goes another season or two, he'll still be in prison and the show will focus on his character arc going from shy Pakistani nerd to basically challenging Freddy for top dog at Riker's.

Also did anyone catch how Freddy told Naz "I'll make a proper convict out of you yet", which is the exact same phrase the hot water throwing inmate said to Naz earlier? I don't know what to make of that connection.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Freddy had the girl killed for some reason and he's helping Naz because he feels guilty he took the blame. He knew who Naz was right away and tried to help him right when he got there (after he banged that guard, lol). Maybe not.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
governator wrote:

The insurance guy sure did a good job selling the step-dad. His behavior was suspect.

The Freddie guy is something else. Haven't seen him on screen before, but he is selling his character. Dude is a very good actor.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
governator wrote:

The insurance guy sure did a good job selling the step-dad. His behavior was suspect.

The Freddie guy is something else. Haven't seen him on screen before, but he is selling his character. Dude is a very good actor.

The actor is pretty bad ass. There's a reason why 24 changed his username to Omar Little.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

And watching it unfold is raw. There's so much to explore from that angle.

What did the Mom say in the preview?

"An animal did that. Did I raise an animal?"

Damn.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
governator wrote:

The actor is pretty bad ass. There's a reason why 24 changed his username to Omar Little.

Omar Little is the name of his character on The Wire, right?
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
governator wrote:

You betchya' sweet ass.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
governator wrote:

And watching it unfold is raw. There's so much to explore from that angle.

What did the Mom say in the preview?

"An animal did that. Did I raise an animal?"

Damn.

That cold look he gave the lawyer girl when he said "You think I killed that girl don't you"...that was some damn good acting. Riz Ahmed is killing it.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject:

IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
IPhilKobe wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:
governator wrote:

You come at the King, you best not miss
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Going back to that episode at Naz's bail hearing where his high profile lawyer said something to the effect of how prison can turn innocent people into criminals, I think that is what they are trying to show with Naz. And if this series goes another season or two, he'll still be in prison and the show will focus on his character arc going from shy Pakistani nerd to basically challenging Freddy for top dog at Riker's.

Also did anyone catch how Freddy told Naz "I'll make a proper convict out of you yet", which is the exact same phrase the hot water throwing inmate said to Naz earlier? I don't know what to make of that connection.

You may be onto something Ted. Once the case is solved if Naz get's out of jail where does the show go?

On the phrase, Naz will be gangsta or somebody's beoch.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: