Lakers sign Timofey Mozgov to a 4 year, $64M deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
I've been watching a ton of Mozgov highlights the last week or so and drinking a lot. I'm starting to come around on him. He looks more mobile than people give him credit for and he looks great in the pick and roll game. Dude tries to dunk everything.

All of his highlights are presurgery
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:
I've been watching a ton of Mozgov highlights the last week or so and drinking a lot. I'm starting to come around on him. He looks more mobile than people give him credit for and he looks great in the pick and roll game. Dude tries to dunk everything.

Oh really?
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject:

I never thought when the Lakers handed out those contracts that they expected both Deng & Mozgov to finish both.

That's the price we had to pay for a 17 win team to get some quality free agents. However, I don't really understand the doom and gloom behind the Mozgov deal. If you need to clear cap space, I don't think he's thaaaat hard to move. You could always amnesty.

I would have rather had Biyombo, but I don't think he's as good as I initially assumed. Biyombo to me is a backup center. That's what he was in Toronto and that's what he'll be in Orlando.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

K28 wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
epak wrote:
rockyp wrote:
Car54 wrote:
rockyp wrote:
its like combining brian cook and luke walton's contracts and then some. WE STUCK WITH THIS FOR 4 YEARS!!!

You're free to free to jump ship now. For all of those (bleep) about the years use your bleeping brains if they was in negotiations with Mozgov it's quite possibly that the 4 year was a deal breaker for him and Deng. They wanted to get financial security. We're in no position to turn down talent. These was obviously guys they targeted that filled needs.

What talent? Deng we can all understand. But Mozgov? He's one the worst if not the worst FA signings this summer.

How many Mozgov have you seen the last 2 years?

Koufos for one.. who is the 3rd string center on a team that just drafted a bunch more of them.

Lakers should have traded Lou Williams (who can't defend) for Koufos's great deal. Or just trade someone like Brown for Koufos. Would have been better than to cap tie the lakers up for 4 years 64 mil.

Koufos would be a steal...but I think his current team is probably aware of this fact.

I have occasionally mentioned Koufos since last year as a nice player on a good contract. I like what he would add.

Only to be contested by multiple negative comments of how much he sucks and he is a marginal backup at best.

Face it, no matter who the Lakers added it would have generated complaining and comments of how stupid the Lakers were for signing "player X". The nature of how things are around here.

I will rely on the concept that Walton knows what he wants in a center. And Mozgov was the best available at the time.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:26 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
I never thought when the Lakers handed out those contracts that they expected both Deng & Mozgov to finish both.

That's the price we had to pay for a 17 win team to get some quality free agents. However, I don't really understand the doom and gloom behind the Mozgov deal. If you need to clear cap space, I don't think he's thaaaat hard to move. You could always amnesty.

I would have rather had Biyombo, but I don't think he's as good as I initially assumed. Biyombo to me is a backup center. That's what he was in Toronto and that's what he'll be in Orlando.

amnesty went away a long time ago
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

skin wrote:
ahaider wrote:

amnesty went away a long time ago

And it will almost certainly be back next year.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:31 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

I would rather have Biyombo as well. He is younger, faster and a very good defender. We need defenders on this team badly.

But I do agree that if he is healthy The Mozzer will do well on the offensive side of the ball in Luke's system, much more skilled than Biyombo will ever be.

I mainly hate the 4 guaranteed years. The guy is already slow and will only get slower and we will be stuck with him. You are right though, if it gets that bad we can amnesty him- assuming that we don't use that provision on a broken down Deng first.

I want this to work. Thank all of you for posting positive info about Mozzer. I want to believe!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:

His surgery was for a non structural issue.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject:

Ease up on the big Moz....if he 'Hibbert's out', then we can bring the rain!!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Cochese wrote:

Oh really?

Thanks for posting the clip. If Mozgov can be "this" guy for the next two to three years it will be fine. Kind of dispels some of the immobile and bad hands complaints.

Sequence in the first 30 secs when he sets a screen 5ft beyond the 3pt line then trails for a rebound dunk shows more mobility then Hibbert did all last year.

Despite the cost and years, I am liking this signing. Just focusing on the player and how he helps the team on the floor.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:48 am    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:

Sigh. Finally. Mosgov was the only Starting Center that will come to LA.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Anyone have any updates or news about how his knee is doing? I understand it wasn't anything serious, but I'm still concerned given how much it hampered his game last season. Just curious if there is any information about how he is recovering.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Looks like we still haven't signed him? Any hope that he failed his physical?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:

Only a freaking masochist who wants us to be without a starting center would want that.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Biyombo will force the Lakers play 4 on 5 on offense, on good days

Does anybody want to commit $25M per year to Whiteside as the leader of the young Laker players? With DWade and Bosh (probably) gone, do you think that Riles made a good decision of giving Whiteside the max contract

Here is a breakdown of Mozlov's positives

https://lakeshowlife.com/2016/07/02/lakers-free-agency-5-reasons-why-timofey-mozgov-could-be-a-good-fit-in-los-angeles-cleveland-cavaliers/
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:17 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
15 wrote:

Only a freaking masochist who wants us to be without a starting center would want that.

I agree. Was asking for a friend, of course.
maomao
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

what the hell, ezeli just got half of what we pay mozgov, and half the years to portland?

doesn't luke have some GS connection with him? unless we really think mozgov is twice as good as ezeli. what a joke
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject:

maomao wrote:
what the hell, ezeli just got half of what we pay mozgov, and half the years to portland?

doesn't luke have some GS connection with him? unless we really think mozgov is twice as good as ezeli. what a joke

Yeah don't know what the rush was to get mozgov while Ezeli was available
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
maomao wrote:

Yeah don't know what the rush was to get mozgov while Ezeli was available

Had KD stayed in OKC, GS would've retained all their players. The option basically would be Mozgov, Biyombo, Mahinmi, Aldrich or Hibbert
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:26 am    Post subject:

Imagine if we'd somehow gotten Towns instead of Russell.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:33 am    Post subject:

Do fans think that the lakers live in a vacuum or something.....

I am wondering just how many would be out with their pitchforks if Mitch sits on his hands, lets things shake out, then we end up with nobody.

They were AGGRESSIVE.......they targeted players and went after those players. Be happy about that.

Jeez
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Yes, I am going to be that guy. So Festus just signed a 2 year deal with the Blazers for $14.7 million.

Maybe Luke knows something we don't about Mozzer and Festus, but from where I am sitting, I would much rather have Festus on that deal than Mozzer on his.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Nene deal: 1-year, $2.9M

More treats for the Mozgov haters to nibble on.
While TMo and I are having piña coladas on the beach.

Haters? Sorry (actually I'm not) if we feel that Mozgov getting 16 mil per year is ridiculous if players like Al Jefferson and Nene are getting far less.

He's a solid player, but not at that price. People say, "But, the Warriors and Spurs wanted him!" yeah, PROVE to me that they were willing to pay anywhere near what we paid for him and that we were in a bidding war against them. The spurs and warriors aren't that stupid to pay him that much.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Haters? Sorry (actually I'm not) if we feel that Mozgov getting 16 mil per year is ridiculous if players like Al Jefferson and Nene are getting far less.

He's a solid player, but not at that price. People say, "But, the Warriors and Spurs wanted him!" yeah, PROVE to me that they were willing to pay anywhere near what we paid for him and that we were in a bidding war against them. The spurs and warriors aren't that stupid to pay him that much.

Is anyone arguing that we didnt overpay?

:sip: :sip:
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Its not your money
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 50 of 64
Jump to: