The Knicks willl be absolute monster
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

Yes, the Knicks will be a monster. Here's a picture.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

I've been thinking though, with rose's comments on them not knowing how to defend because they only defend triangle in practice

Maybe that's why we've always been so bad at stopping point guards from 2006-2011.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I've been thinking though, with rose's comments on them not knowing how to defend because they only defend triangle in practice

Maybe that's why we've always been so bad at stopping point guards from 2006-2011.

Well, we never practiced defense according to Payton if you recall.

We actually were bad at stopping point guards in the tail end of the Shaq years (see Troy, bibby) as well. We were instrumental in some PG's getting vastly overpaid for the era.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

We actually were bad at stopping point guards in the tail end of the Shaq years (see Troy, bibby) as well. We were instrumental in some PG's getting vastly overpaid for the era.

Aaron Brooks? He was a recipient of the Derek Fisher MoneyBags Scholarship.

Troy Hudson as well.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Aaron Brooks? He was a recipient of the Derek Fisher MoneyBags Scholarship.

Troy Hudson as well.

Sure. I mentioned Troy . I was just throwing out some PG's during the Shaq/Kobe years that diced us up. Brooks single handedly made that first round a 7 game series.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject:

Knicks are terrible. We're better than the Knicks. We're in a better position than the Knicks. (bleep) the Knicks.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
@IanBegley: Carmelo on Rambis as def. coach: "Whether we’re comfortable with it or not, it is what it is & we’ve got to buy into that & embrace that."

lol

That's the spirit Carmelo!

Can you believe the Lakers offered this guy a max contract? Thank God he didn't take it.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
@IanBegley: Carmelo on Rambis as def. coach: "Whether we’re comfortable with it or not, it is what it is & we’ve got to buy into that & embrace that."

lol

Can you believe the Lakers offered this guy a max contract? Thank God he didn't take it.

This is actually my biggest concern with our FO. why did we offer max contracts to carmelo, monroe, etc ???
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject:

suck monster
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/wyop

Knicks in a nutshell.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

lol

This is actually my biggest concern with our FO. why did we offer max contracts to carmelo, monroe, etc ???

Kobe was injured so they weren't sure whether he was done as an all-star. Even last season started like "If Kobe can play like a superstar, we have an outside shot at playoffs". And we had Byron as coach who had no vision unlike Luke who was keen on Mozgov due to the system he wanted to implement.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Knicks are awful, 3-6 and worse than their crosstown rivals, the freaking Nets whose big time acquisition over the summer was Jeremy Lin, who is injured now......
For the Lakers sake, lets hope Phil completes his contract with the Knicks so he won't mess with what we have now.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject:

Dunno how Knicks flop PJ would be seen as a good choice for Lakers. That's why people like SAS sound so dumb. Mitch has made sure we have great depth by drafting Clarkson, Nance and Zubac outside the lottery. Black was another steal. Even Lou and Nick looking good value for their contracts.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject:

Phil did an interview recently where he talks about the state of the Knicks, teams he's impressed with, and taking over the Lakers. A lot of it still reads like lip service, so read into it what you will:

Quote:
JM: Which NBA teams impress you?

PJ: It's obvious Golden State plays a game in which people move the ball, they move themselves, they are creating passing lanes, they get penetration, they hit the open man, they set picks. They get a little wild, but Steve (Kerr) does a really fine job of keeping everyone in their lanes, so to speak. He's a really fine coach with a great command of the game. That "feel" for basketball is so important.

Could be relevant to hear his thoughts on the Warriors since Luke is running a system inspired by what Kerr runs.

Quote:
JM: Lakers executive vice president of basketball operations Jim Buss said if the Lakers didn't make it to the Western Conference finals by 2017, he would step down. It's unlikely the Lakers will meet that goal. Why not go back and run your old team?

PJ: They're moving forward in the right direction. Luke (Walton) has them engaged, Brian (Shaw) is an associate head coach; they have a core group of guys that will get it done. It was never important to me to go back and be a part of that. Especially not now. I have this job, this commitment.

JM: Then why bother to include the opt-out clause?

PJ: The real issue with the opt out was simply my rationale regarding the (potential) lockout. If it was going to happen in December and everybody chose to walk away, there was no way I was going to sit in New York for three, four months when I didn't have a job, because (the players) aren't even allowed to show up to work. So, in that case, I would go back to L.A.

FULL INTERVIEW LINK

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

I knew before the season the knicks would suck. When you have "me-first" players like Rose and Melo, who by the way, are perennial losers most seasons, what do you expect?

Rose is playing for his next contract and has this arrogance like he's still a great player, and melo has the same issues. neither plays D.

That team will be blown up in 1-2 years and Phil will step down. Book it.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

Ron Harper was a beast those first two years.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
I knew before the season the knicks would suck. When you have "me-first" players like Rose and Melo, who by the way, are perennial losers most seasons, what do you expect?

Rose is playing for his next contract and has this arrogance like he's still a great player, and melo has the same issues. neither plays D.

Not to mention these are players that are no longer in their prime years. So yes, major suckage was expected despite the big names on paper.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

Not to mention these are players that are no longer in their prime years. So yes, major suckage was expected despite the big names on paper.

The Knicks' problem is that they've never had the stomach for a rebuild, and appear unable to learn from the multiple bullet holes in their own feet.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

The Knicks' problem is that they've never had the stomach for a rebuild, and appear unable to learn from the multiple bullet holes in their own feet.

Coach Wooden
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:48 am    Post subject:

At least PJ got them Porzingis and will leave the next VP him to build around. PJ learned being in a team managing position is much different than coaching.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

I don't get it....they've had a lot and I mean a lot of mediocre years even when they weren't rebuilding. A full rebuild would at least make the pain worthwhile.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Porzingis unreal his improvement in year 2.
Don't think I've ever seen a player like him with his size/skill combo in the league. Ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

How many GMs need to have a "clear the air" meeting with their players? lol

Quote:
@IanBegley
Meeting w/players, coaches & Phil lasted about an hour. Did Phil talk? "Nah, he actually just listened this time. Which is good," Melo said.

Quote:
Phil Jackson wanted to see more triangle offense (or he didn’t), but either way the players are chafing against that offense. Derrick Rose is not a triangle point guard, he wants to get going downhill of the pick. The Knicks spent $72 million on Joakim Noah to play center, but have looked better with Kristaps Porzingis at the five (although in such small numbers it’s hard to know for sure). Carmelo Anthony didn’t like Jackson’s comments about LeBron’s “posse.”

There’s been a push and pull between the style the Knicks players want and what management wants to see — one that came to a head after an ugly loss to the Wizards Thursday. It led to a team meeting with Jackson, reports Ian Begley of ESPN.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/11/20/report-knicks-players-phil-jackson-have-clear-the-air-meeting/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

OP pulled a Pallazzo. Never returned after delivering that off-key performance in the first post in July. "Oh, say does that giant ban-ner wave...over...A-A-A-A-LLLL that is gree-en!..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 6 of 12
Jump to: