Nick Young Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Trade Rumor: Harris/Faried for Randle/Young

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/8/15/12479996/trade-rumor-harris-faried-for-randle-young

rahashed trade idea from another terrible website
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Because DLO now is the hope of the team, if he cannot get along with Swaggy , then Swaggy should be waived. Walton and coaches should be
turned to the relationship.

But if they can co exist would see what Nick does in training camp. If he makes a bad move waive him.

At the worse if can co exist keep him as insurance as the 12 to 15th player.

After all gotta pay his salary.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

http://www.denverstiffs.com/2016/8/15/12479996/trade-rumor-harris-faried-for-randle-young

Yea the post just seems like a random Nuggets fan talking about a internet trade rumor. Didn't even cite where the rumor came from.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Yea the post just seems like a random Nuggets fan talking about a internet trade rumor. Didn't even cite where the rumor came from.

our bench would be beastly with

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

They would be something else defensively.

Idk how likely this trade is but i doubt they give up on Randle for that little. He will have increased value since he can play small ball center.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Report came out that there is no love marriage between Young and the Lakers and the Lakers are ready to move on.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Idk how likely this trade is but i doubt they give up on Randle for that little. He will have increased value since he can play small ball center.

If you trade Randle for Harris then Nance moves into the starting lineup, which actually weakens the bench.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We've had nearly a decade's worth of data about Swaggy. He is who he is. His newfound contrition at the height of talks that he may be cut rings hollow to me.

Much easier to forgive a 19-20 year old rookie than a long time NBA player that seems to not be welcomed back by his team after a year or two.

I definitely see that. My 'he may be worth another shot' supposition is built on the shaky premise that he's ready to change his stripes. May just be wishful thinking.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Saw a video on YouTube where A guy was discussining Nerlens Noel to the lakers. The sixer seem to be looking for help in he backcourt and it makes me wonder if they would be willing to take swaggy, Lou, 2 second round picks and the removal of any protection we have on their first round pick next year for Noel. Would anybody be opposed to this?

Might as well add this as well

Found the link

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Saw a video on YouTube where A guy was discussining Nerlens Noel to the lakers. The sixer seem to be looking for help in he backcourt and it makes me wonder if they would be willing to take swaggy, Lou, 2 second round picks and the removal of any protection we have on their first round pick next year for Noel. Would anybody be opposed to this?

Found the link

I almost laughed really hard, but I realized I skipped the last removing pick protection part.

It made me think for a second.

But no way. Sixers can still get away with more for Noel than that from Boston, I think. And after picking up Mozgov, I don't think the Lakers would be interested in acquiring Noel to fight for minutes between him, Nance and Randle at PF.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

^ That's how I see it
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

If you trade Randle for Harris then Nance moves into the starting lineup, which actually weakens the bench.

Not if they start faried. He's a proven NBA starter and only 26 I think
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Found the link

I almost laughed really hard, but I realized I skipped the last removing pick protection part.

It made me think for a second.

But no way. Sixers can still get away with more for Noel than that from Boston, I think. And after picking up Mozgov, I don't think the Lakers would be interested in acquiring Noel to fight for minutes between him, Nance and Randle at PF.

True, but at he same time we're adding an asset while removing a cancer and freeing up minutes at Sg for Ingram. we can probably re-package Noel later for another asset or move mosgov. Why not get something for pretty much nothing?

The sixers are the ones that are stacked in the front court and need to move someone now. Right now they have Saric, okafor, Noel, embiid, and Simmons in the same front court. Even if they play Simmons at Pg or SF they are still crowded and someone needs to go. I don't think they get as much as people think.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

People complain out their ears at Randle's lack of depth at 21 freaking years old. But Faried at 26 is supposed to be accepted as our starting 4?

No. What's Faried do at 26 that Randle won't be doing AND more at the same age? By 26 Randle should be doing everything Faried already does while being a better defender, a more complete player and is already a better ball handler.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:36 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

People complain out their ears at Randle's lack of depth at 21 freaking years old. But Faried at 26 is supposed to be accepted as our starting 4?

No. What's Faried do at 26 that Randle won't be doing AND more at the same age? By 26 Randle should be doing everything Faried already does while being a better defender, a more complete player and is already a better ball handler.

I'm not exactly sure what you're argument is, or with who for that matter. It's all hypothetical and there has been no opinion given regarding Randles potential or debate as to who is the better player between he and faried.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

I'm not exactly sure what you're argument is, or with who for that matter. It's all hypothetical and there has been no opinion given regarding Randles potential or debate as to who is the better player between he and faried.

Faried fits the system better, but Randle can end up being a huge beast.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:22 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

I think the argument is that Faried has likely peaked as a player and may be only slightly better than Randle is now. So you'd essentially be downgrading the PF spot just to add Harris, who would only be the third or possibly fourth guard on the depth chart.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
MJST wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

I think the argument is that Faried has likely peaked as a player and may be only slightly better than Randle is now. So you'd essentially be downgrading the PF spot just to add Harris, who would only be the third or possibly fourth guard on the depth chart.

I agree. Randle has more potentialNd is probably even better than faried is right now.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Here's hoping Randle peaks all over you doubters.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
Here's hoping Randle peaks all over you doubters.

Nick Young says hi
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Found the link

So 1/3 of the roster would be centers? Fantastic!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Found the link

So 1/3 of the roster would be centers? Fantastic!

Sixers west
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Found the link

how about: 3 Way Trade.

Lakers Get: N. Noel & Rob Covington, Will Barton

76ers Get: Williams, Black (S&T), 2nd Round Pick (Chicagos 2019)

Nuggets Get: Young + 2nd Round Pick (Denvers 2018)
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
eureca wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

Harris
Ingram
Nance
Zubac

Yes, don't make the trade and you have Nance off the bench able to play two positions and Ingram off the bench able to play two positions. And you don't have an underachiever like Faried.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Here's Ding saying he's gone: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2658105-kevin-ding-its-too-late-for-nick-young-and-dangelo-russell-to-make-up

Not really news, just his opinion.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Here's Ding saying he's gone: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2658105-kevin-ding-its-too-late-for-nick-young-and-dangelo-russell-to-make-up

Not really news, just his opinion.

He's connected with sources so he knows about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 25 of 37
Jump to: