Nick Young Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
What a joke. He is simply looking for attention.

He should listen to what Shaq said recently.

There are other ways to make a statement. Also, where was he last year when we were having "these problems".

I would like to know how time he has dedicated to these various causes.

Someone should call him out on this.

Cut him so we can end this thread.

I'm interested to see how Young does In preseason before evaluating his status.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Whether you agree with him or not, at least Young is showing interest in serious issues.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:29 am    Post subject:

I've always liked nick young
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:56 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Nick Young is going to sit for the Chinese National anthem when he's playing in the CBA this year?

Jokes aside.
He should. Alot of human rights violations have occurred in China over the years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Nick Young is going to sit for the Chinese National anthem when he's playing in the CBA this year?

Jokes aside.
He should. Alot of human rights violations have occurred in China over the years.

And in China, I don't think they have an equivalent 1st amendment right to free speech...or if they have, it's merely illusory.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:28 am    Post subject:

Nick should find out if sitting in the stands during the anthem count as a protest?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Whether you agree with him or not, at least Young is showing interest in serious issues.

If his interest goes beyond sitting during an anthem, and he actually goes out of his way to get involved I'll take note. Sitting through an anthem with no other action is about as lazy as it gets.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Hammett wrote:

If his interest goes beyond sitting during an anthem, and he actually goes out of his way to get involved I'll take note. Sitting through an anthem with no other action is about as lazy as it gets.

Agree,

He is just all talk. Listen to Shaq's comments. It is clear and concise.

Kobe has a problem with homelessness. What does Kobe do, he dedicates money to this cause.

I would like to see some action beside simply sitting on on anthem. What is sad is that some of these players are role models and people will mimic them.

Cut him. There is absolutely no reason to keep him on this team. He is not a starter. He is not an important bench player. He is a distraction.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:12 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jokes aside.

The only reason to think he should is if you want him to vanish. The Chinese don't take too kindly with such actions.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Jokes aside.

The only reason to think he should is if you want him to vanish. The Chinese don't take too kindly with such actions.

That would go into the category of not fully understanding the subtleties
of what is considered "fair" in the US compared to around the World.

Isn't there just one team out there that sees the hidden gem that is Nick Young? Just one!
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject:

http://i.imgur.com/M329NGs.png

Savage.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject:

Right now Nick Young is at best the 15th player as insurance in case
someone goes down.

His problem is lack of desire to win.

He will be a problem as the Lakers get better and the rookies need to
show a desire to win. Not a happy go lucky, don't care attitude.

This is the worst kind of influence on a team trying to win.

Need that Kobe mentality back again.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/16/nick-young-dangelo-russell-chris-brown-nba/

With training camp only being a little over a week away, I'm surprised the Lakers have yet to make an official decision on Young. It's hard to see them pulling off a trade at this point. It's looking pretty likely that he'll still be on the roster by the time camp starts.

But if he's serious about burying the hatchet with DLO and ends up staying, maybe it'll play a role in DLO repairing his image. Let's think positively
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/16/nick-young-dangelo-russell-chris-brown-nba/

With training camp only being a little over a week away, I'm surprised the Lakers have yet to make an official decision on Young. It's hard to see them pulling off a trade at this point. It's looking pretty likely that he'll still be on the roster by the time camp starts.

But if he's serious about burying the hatchet with DLO and ends up staying, maybe it'll play a role in DLO repairing his image. Let's think positively

that's a good start by Nick. Since he never cleared it up, everybody thought he was still holding a grudge and nobody wanted that mess to come into camp. If he and DLo are good then... Welcome to camp, Nick! I wouldn't mind if Nick pushed Anthony Brown off the roster frankly...
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Read in an article earlier that Nick had lost 20 pounds (which would explain why he has looked so slow since signing his contract). Sounds like we are bringing him to training camp

Mozgov/Black/Yi/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Deng/Ingram/Nick
JC/Lou/Brown
Russell/Calderon/Marcelo
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Read in an article earlier that Nick had lost 20 pounds (which would explain why he has looked so slow since signing his contract). Sounds like we are bringing him to training camp

Mozgov/Black/Yi/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Deng/Ingram/Nick
JC/Lou/Brown
Russell/Calderon/Marcelo

I'm diffinitely excited to see Nick Young, losing additional weight is valuable considering he's gonna need to run in transition to get points in a GSW-style offense, it looks like the Lakers asked him to lose weight and he followed orders.

Now let's see if he is more engaged then his recent years in LA.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Mozgov/Black/Yi/Zubac
Randle/Nance
Deng/Ingram/Nick
JC/Lou/Brown
Russell/Calderon/Marcelo

He looked like he put on weight in those games he played in over the summer.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Not looking forward to NY continuing to be on the team. I don't care if he lost 20 lbs, he is going to be a distraction with the media and DLO.

He needs to be gone.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Not looking forward to NY continuing to be on the team. I don't care if he lost 20 lbs, he is going to be a distraction with the media and DLO.

He needs to be gone.
Honestly, I think sadly this is so. I think that NY has just worn out his welcome here. I'm actually surprised that he will continue as a Laker at this point of time. I don't see them moving him at all as it gets harder to move his contract. I just hope there aren't anymore incidents with him and DLo or anyone else on the team.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject:

KB824MJ wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

He needs to be gone.
Honestly, I think sadly this is so. I think that NY has just worn out his welcome here. I'm actually surprised that he will continue as a Laker at this point of time. I don't see them moving him at all as it gets harder to move his contract. I just hope there aren't anymore incidents with him and DLo or anyone else on the team.

I'm guessing they will scope him out at training camp first, see how receptive he is to Luke's philosophy. If he's willing to buy the team-oriented concept, he could end up on the roster.

Personally, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the youth. He's a good person, but a terrible influence.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

He needs to be gone.

I'm guessing they will scope him out at training camp first, see how receptive he is to Luke's philosophy. If he's willing to buy the team-oriented concept, he could end up on the roster.

Personally, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the youth. He's a good person, but a terrible influence.

I agree.

Get rid of him.

Management needs to step it up and make sure he is not around.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

He needs to be gone.

I agree.

Get rid of him.

Yeah, but we need his salary off our books too.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Right now Nick Young is at best the 15th player as insurance in case
someone goes down.

His problem is lack of desire to win.

He will be a problem as the Lakers get better and the rookies need to
show a desire to win. Not a happy go lucky, don't care attitude.

This is the worst kind of influence on a team trying to win.

Need that Kobe mentality back again.

It seems surreal that a couple years ago, he was a lot of people's favorite Laker and the biggest criticism was that he was so good, he made it hard for the team to lose games and secure a high draft pick.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Maybe they will keep him in check this time around. Although, Luke seems like a good coach and good guy to hang with. He also doesn't seem the type that would put up with Young's antics. I guess we will see.

I do think they will check to see what they got in NY and see if he can be less of a distraction. But still...I really hope he doesn't hang with Ingram a lot.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
laker4life wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
KB824MJ wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

He needs to be gone.

I agree.

Get rid of him.

Yeah, but we need his salary off our books too.

We shouldn't double down on dumb. Eat the salary and get rid of him.

For a team so built on "culture and relationships", I find it super strange that would be subject our best young talent to something so uncomfortable and distracting.

Nick needs to go. Deng and Ingram will be splitting all the mins at the 3 and Lou can be bulk scorer off the bench.

No reason to keep for on the court reasons and no reason to keep for off the court reasons.

Cut Nick, sign Butler or Prince.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 33 of 37
Jump to: