Should the Lakers Trade for Westbrook? (Westbrook to Sign Contract Extension, p.66)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 68, 69, 70  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we trade for Westbrook?
Yes. Can't pass him up and assume he comes.
19%
 19%  [ 91 ]
No. Free agent in 2018.
80%
 80%  [ 373 ]
Total Votes : 464

Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'm trying to find new ways to explain slip screens to 14 year old LG posters, fam.

what the heck is fam? looks like everybody is using that these days.

fam = family? why wont you type 3 more characters? or its an internet slang?

Maybe people be watchin' Attack the Block, bruv? Really sweet movie, man. You gotta give it a chance. Believe!
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
I'm trying to find new ways to explain slip screens to 14 year old LG posters, fam.

what the heck is fam? looks like everybody is using that these days.

fam = family? why wont you type 3 more characters? or its an internet slang?

Maybe people be watchin' Attack the Block, bruv? Really sweet movie, man. You gotta give it a chance. Believe!

Fam is not internet slang, it's a term that's been around since the 90's.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Slow Laker news days. Thought popped in my head and I'm sure someone must've mentioned it in the last 64 pages. Too lazy to look.

What if we traded our young assets for both Westbrook and Boogie Cousins? You'd get the number one center and arguably the best two-guard. Kobe/Shaq encore?

Like I said, slow news days have my head doing cartwheels.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, i'm not crazy about Westbrooks game. We've got the guards and the wings now. I say let them develop. What i'd really like to get is a dominant big, who has a nice outside shot and can D up, and a three point ace. I really don't want a ball hogging guard.
png
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:31 am    Post subject:

The 90 people that voted Yes to trade For Westbrook, make about as much sense as the Lakers FO that set up a meeting with LMA and used LA as their biggest pitch. You don't trade a core piece or two or three, for player that may not stay past the season. Russ wants a Championship. But these fools are going to give up a core piece. Let me know When that makes sense... smh. And the ones that want to trade for Cousins.... that's even worse.... beyond clueless. Cousins cannot play PF on a Championship team. And.... how much money do you want wrapped up in the Center position? One of which, would be coming off the Bench. Mozgov is over-paid. And a number in this Forum want to add to the problem..... fools. That's like the Lakers giving Mozgov that overpaid contract because they can And because the Cap went up.... makes 0 sense period.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:17 am    Post subject:

Yeah. Realize that we have to convince WB to stay next summer too. No guarantees he will. What if another opportunity arises and he decides to bolt?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Yeah. Realize that we have to convince WB to stay next summer too. No guarantees he will. What if another opportunity arises and he decides to bolt?

He isn't leaving. Oh, wait, that's what I said about Dwight...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What if the team isn't as good as WB thought it was and we don't make the playoffs?

What happens if he doesn't like Luke's "pass the ball around" system?

Etc.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lukewaltonsdad wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

What if the team isn't as good as WB thought it was and we don't make the playoffs?

What happens if he doesn't like Luke's "pass the ball around" system?

Etc.

I'm on board w/you. We just don't know any of those factors at this point. Stand pat and wait for next season. Although, I think Westbrook gets traded before then...IMO
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Honestly, i'm not crazy about Westbrooks game. We've got the guards and the wings now. I say let them develop. What i'd really like to get is a dominant big, who has a nice outside shot and can D up, and a three point ace. I really don't want a ball hogging guard.
We as fans think this way but Jim Buss probably doesn't. Westbrook is box office and he would entice other free agents to come here.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:
We as fans think this way but Jim Buss probably doesn't. Westbrook is box office and he would entice other free agents to come here.

Like Kevin Durant?

I'm a WB fan, but enticing other free agents is not one of the better reasons for WB. He's the cherry on top kind of piece more so then a guy who will try to create a Voltron super team.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Like Kevin Durant? :lol:

I'm a WB fan, but enticing other free agents is not one of the better reasons for WB. He's the cherry on top kind of piece more so then a guy who will try to create a Voltron super team.
Griffin, Hayward, Milsap, or Ibaka. Durant is weak mentally. I could definitely see Griffin coming to the Lakers if Westbrook is here. He's been in trade rumors and they don't get along with CP3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Goldenwest wrote:

Like Kevin Durant?

Griffin, Hayward, Milsap, or Ibaka. Durant is weak mentally. I could definitely see Griffin coming to the Lakers if Westbrook is here. He's been in trade rumors and they don't get along with CP3.

You call those guys "mentally weak" and then think Griffin would come?

If he can't work with CP3, it's not going to work with WB. Not sure the lakers have enough cap space to re-sign WB and Blake.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject:

I don't think Mitch is trading for WB. It's too short sighted a move.

Especially in light of that team up north. WB alone or even WB & Cousins ain't beating them.

Westbrook may be moved by OKC, but I think the best place for him next year is in SA under Pop. WB, Leonard, Aldridge has an outside shot at beating GSW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

not that it matters, but KD is WAAAAY more mentally tough than Griffin lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
not that it matters, but KD is WAAAAY more mentally tough than Griffin lol

Most def. And Blake without his insane athleticism is a pretty humble player. Take away those explosive hops and you have a pretty undersized PF.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Especially in light of that team up north. WB alone or even WB & Cousins ain't beating them.

Westbrook may be moved by OKC, but I think the best place for him next year is in SA under Pop. WB, Leonard, Aldridge has an outside shot at beating GSW

That would be a crazy series.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
22 wrote:

agreed. I'd be interested
lakerlove123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
22 wrote:

Forget about crazy, that would just be scary. Imagine Pop's magic touch on Westbrook...if he is as skilled a coach as everyone thinks he is (and has proven), could you imagine him pairing with Kawhi?

Get a solid lanky starting SG...

That LOCK-DOWN DEFENSE DOE.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Someone bought up a nice logic, about Lukes moving ball offense might make WB unhappy , now I don't think anyone knows what the exact offense is gonna be, but Westbrook seems to wild to play in a offense were you need to read and react, basically there will be a lot of careless plays and turnovers.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm talking about next season. Not this upcoming season. Dlo will be a beast in his 3rd year and Cousins will be in his prime. Aldridge n Pau will be too old. We can contend next season against the Warriors!

WB
DLO
INGRAM
RANDLE
COUSINS

>>>>

WB
??
KAWAII
ALDRIDGE
PAU
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject:

PG.D'angelo / calderon
SG.Westbrook / Williams
SF.Ingram / Brown
PF.Deng / Nance
C.Mozgov / Zubac

How many games? I say 48 if d'angelo plays as he did in SL.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
PG.D'angelo / calderon
SG.Westbrook / Williams
SF.Ingram / Brown
PF.Deng / Nance
C.Mozgov / Zubac

How many games? I say 48 if d'angelo plays as he did in SL.

OKC, is gonna ask for Ingram and Russell and probably the whole roster for WB, there is a reason why the Lakers arent even bothering with the WB talk or any Cousins talk, the only sites that are linking them to the Lakers are garbage sites with no credibility.

The Lakers aren't throw away there convented players with players that won't lead them to championships.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

lakerlove123 wrote:
22 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
22 wrote:

Forget about crazy, that would just be scary. Imagine Pop's magic touch on Westbrook...if he is as skilled a coach as everyone thinks he is (and has proven), could you imagine him pairing with Kawhi?

Exactly! A reigned in Westbrook along with KD almost took GSW out this year. If pop could harness his power that'd be a fun series
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
lakerlove123 wrote:
22 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
22 wrote:

Exactly! A reigned in Westbrook along with KD almost took GSW out this year. If pop could harness his power that'd be a fun series

I don't know how successfully Pop could rein Westbrook in, but if Chip Engelland can improve his stroke, it might not matter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 65 of 70
Jump to: