Should the Lakers Trade for Westbrook? (Westbrook to Sign Contract Extension, p.66)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should we trade for Westbrook?
Yes. Can't pass him up and assume he comes.
19%
 19%  [ 91 ]
No. Free agent in 2018.
80%
 80%  [ 373 ]
Total Votes : 464

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
K Love -
DRoz -
Westbrook -

Glad this one ended quickly its become nauseating hearing players want to "come home" and play for us lol

And I know this wont stop some from wanting Paul George, but dude actually grew up a dipper fan.

Just let the youngins get a shot at this fam Once we're good everyone will want to come here

Agreed. The current generation stars aren't coming here. When the next gen superstars hit their prime, this will be THE prime destination.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

Glad he's gonna re-sign till age 32, settles that talk & ends the obsession with him & thinking LA kids wanna come back, well at least till we show improvement.

Wait & stay on course for 2 or 3 years & see where this young team stands with fresh coaching ideas. There will be growing pains (defense & getting use to each other) but in year two things should start to fall into place. By that time we'll have decisions to make bout re-signing our young guys.
HC: Riley
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
22 wrote:
K Love -
DRoz -
Westbrook -

Glad this one ended quickly its become nauseating hearing players want to "come home" and play for us lol

And I know this wont stop some from wanting Paul George, but dude actually grew up a dipper fan.

Just let the youngins get a shot at this fam Once we're good everyone will want to come here

Agreed. The current generation stars aren't coming here. When the next gen superstars hit their prime, this will be THE prime destination.

Devin Booker and Towns to team up with Russell, Ingram and Randle when they hit their potentials.

Russell
Booker
Ingram
Randle
Towns

iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

I think this shifts the conversation to DeMarcus Cousins. He's DEFINITELY leaving Sac. And he's still only 24-25 years old. And he fits the Laker profile of great C's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject:

iceberg01 wrote:
I think this shifts the conversation to DeMarcus Cousins. He's DEFINITELY leaving Sac. And he's still only 24-25 years old. And he fits the Laker profile of great C's.

Turning 26 next week.

I think PG13 or Boogie are targets in 2018.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
iceberg01 wrote:

Turning 26 next week.

I believe Shaq was 24 when he joined the Lakers. Boogie will be hitting 28 in 2018. About the time to decline as far as NBA centers? And he'll probably be lobbying for a max years/money contract too. Might not be worth the investment.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject:

As someone fully invested in the youth movement, I'm glad all this Westbrook talk can end. No sense of disappointment. Not even a little. I think I was more pissed when Kendal Gill shunned us back in the day.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Gomur wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iceberg01 wrote:

Turning 26 next week.

I believe Shaq was 24 when he joined the Lakers. Boogie will be hitting 28 in 2018. About the time to decline as far as NBA centers? And he'll probably be lobbying for a max years/money contract too. Might not be worth the investment.

Sure. But he will be a top FA then. Could even be a trade possibility.
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Gomur wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
iceberg01 wrote:

Turning 26 next week.

Sure. But he will be a top FA then. Could even be a trade possibility.

I'm sure you're right about Boogie being one of the prized FA in 2018. I just hate to sign bad long-term deals and wind up like the Knicks in the 90s.

At least in 2 years we'll have a clearer picture of how our young talent is shaping up. Which combination works well together and which ones are redundant - can be moved for assets.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Glad he's gonna re-sign till age 32, settles that talk & ends the obsession with him & thinking LA kids wanna come back, well at least till we show improvement.

Wait & stay on course for 2 or 3 years & see where this young team stands with fresh coaching ideas. There will be growing pains (defense & getting use to each other) but in year two things should start to fall into place. By that time we'll have decisions to make bout re-signing our young guys.

He isn't. He has an opt out at age 30. OKC has two seasons to build a championship contender around him or he's bouncing.
OCLakersFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject:

No to WB at 30 years old with his style of play.

Also, can we please as a fan base just all agree that as long as Jim Buss is running this organization we aren't signing anyone of value to (bleep)?

We are going to have to get lucky through the draft.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject:

OCLakersFan wrote:
No to WB at 30 years old with his style of play.

Also, can we please as a fan base just all agree that as long as Jim Buss is running this organization we aren't signing anyone of value to (bleep)?

We are going to have to get lucky through the draft.

We only have to deal with him for one more year.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject:

good. now we could focus our attention on our own talent.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

Glad he resigned, I wasn't that much of a fan anyway. I think people truly don't realize all of the particulars it takes to want to play in LA. Fans and everyone else can attribute it to "No one wanting to play with Kobe", or "Jim doesn't know what he's doing", or "Playing for a Contender"; all these are good points. But when it comes down to it...It takes a great deal of confidence and SWAG to play here. There's a ton of pressure to play in this City and truth be told, players want to get $$$$ without the pressure and if that's the case, LA is NOT the place for you...

I think Westbrook is a good player, but for some reason I never saw him as a Fit here, he would have been better suited for the Clippers IMO. Glad he signed back with OKC and yes now we can focus on our Future with the talented young group that we have.

In the Last 3 years we received two number "2" draft pics and a number "7" who could have easily gone higher in that draft and Randle has so far out played most of those players averaging a double double in his real first season of the NBA. These guys were the top of their class in College and should bode well in the NBA. They are improving and working on their games. We need a legit Veteran to come in and help them progress to the next level and Westbrook was definitely not the guy IMO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70
Page 70 of 70
Jump to: