Dwayne Wade to sign with the Bulls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 am    Post subject:

Oh, please. Spare me the histrionics.

If Riley wanted him in a Heat jersey he would have easily been able to up the team's offer to match the mere $7 million between the two competing offers or find a way to do so.

Riley didn't even bother to show up at the last purported negotiation with Wade. He didn't even text Wade during the negotiations but had plenty of time to text Dan LeBatard?

And this quote tells you all you need to know. Straight from the fake crocodile tear crying Riles' mouth:

Quote:
"My thoughts were always to try to make the team better and at the same time try to make sure that Dwyane, over the course of the three, four, five years that he had left in his career, that he was going to get his money," Riley said. "He would get it -- but not at the expense of paralyzing our ability to win.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17089976/pat-riley-floored-dwyane-wade-departure-miami-heat
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:

If Riley wanted him in a Heat jersey he would have easily been able to up the team's offer to match the mere $7 million between the two competing offers or find a way to do so.

Riley didn't even bother to show up at the last purported negotiation with Wade. He didn't even text Wade during the negotiations but had plenty of time to text Dan LeBatard?

And this quote tells you all you need to know. Straight from the fake crocodile tear crying Riles' mouth:

Quote:
"My thoughts were always to try to make the team better and at the same time try to make sure that Dwyane, over the course of the three, four, five years that he had left in his career, that he was going to get his money," Riley said. "He would get it -- but not at the expense of paralyzing our ability to win.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17089976/pat-riley-floored-dwyane-wade-departure-miami-heat

Riles has mastered the ability to talk out of both sides of his mouth, and lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/08/01/dwyane-wade-lebron-james-couldnt-believe-heat-didnt-offer-me-kobe-bryant-like-contract/

Quote:

Dwyane Wade: LeBron James couldn’t believe Heat didn’t offer me Kobe Bryant-like contract
The Lakers handed Kobe Bryant a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension without negotiation in 2013.

When Dwyane Wade sought a two-year, $50 million deal from the Heat this summer — a far smaller burden against a dramatically higher salary cap — they balked.

So, before leaving Miami for the Bulls, Wade went on vacation and spoke with LeBron James and Chris Paul about his predicament.

Wade, via ESPN:

“They was in disbelief that I didn’t have any deal that I wanted. Bron always said when we was in Miami, he always said, “D-Wade is going to be like Kobe. He’s going to get that Kobe deal.” So I think their disbelief was, “Why are you even a free agent? You shouldn’t even be.””

Read between the lines. Wade is pulling the “I’m not saying, but I heard…” bit. He wants it out there that the Heat didn’t treat him as well as the Lakers treated Kobe. Wade just doesn’t want to say something that polarizing himself.

But Wade’s sentiment is understandable. Unlike Kobe, Wade took discounts for years to help Miami contend. (And to Pat Riley’s credit, he gave Wade what he wanted with championship-caliber rosters.) Wade just never got the payday at the end of the tunnel.

The Heat’s stance is also understandable. Kobe’s extension held back the Lakers for a couple years. They still defend the move, but other teams learned a lesson in how not to operate. Miami also didn’t have enough cap room to offer Wade $50 million — at least not after re-signing Hassan Whiteside. The Heat would’ve had to dump Josh McRoberts, which would’ve likely required surrendering a positive asset.

So, while it’s strange to see Wade in Chicago, this had been building for a while. LeBron might have been surprised, but I doubt he was completely shocked. He admonished Miami’s spending habits before leaving for Cleveland.

For better or worse, the Heat aren’t the Lakers.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/08/01/dwyane-wade-lebron-james-couldnt-believe-heat-didnt-offer-me-kobe-bryant-like-contract/

Quote:

Dwyane Wade: LeBron James couldn’t believe Heat didn’t offer me Kobe Bryant-like contract
The Lakers handed Kobe Bryant a two-year, $48.5 million contract extension without negotiation in 2013.

When Dwyane Wade sought a two-year, $50 million deal from the Heat this summer — a far smaller burden against a dramatically higher salary cap — they balked.

So, before leaving Miami for the Bulls, Wade went on vacation and spoke with LeBron James and Chris Paul about his predicament.

Wade, via ESPN:

“They was in disbelief that I didn’t have any deal that I wanted. Bron always said when we was in Miami, he always said, “D-Wade is going to be like Kobe. He’s going to get that Kobe deal.” So I think their disbelief was, “Why are you even a free agent? You shouldn’t even be.””

Read between the lines. Wade is pulling the “I’m not saying, but I heard…” bit. He wants it out there that the Heat didn’t treat him as well as the Lakers treated Kobe. Wade just doesn’t want to say something that polarizing himself.

But Wade’s sentiment is understandable. Unlike Kobe, Wade took discounts for years to help Miami contend. (And to Pat Riley’s credit, he gave Wade what he wanted with championship-caliber rosters.) Wade just never got the payday at the end of the tunnel.

The Heat’s stance is also understandable. Kobe’s extension held back the Lakers for a couple years. They still defend the move, but other teams learned a lesson in how not to operate. Miami also didn’t have enough cap room to offer Wade $50 million — at least not after re-signing Hassan Whiteside. The Heat would’ve had to dump Josh McRoberts, which would’ve likely required surrendering a positive asset.

So, while it’s strange to see Wade in Chicago, this had been building for a while. LeBron might have been surprised, but I doubt he was completely shocked. He admonished Miami’s spending habits before leaving for Cleveland.

For better or worse, the Heat aren’t the Lakers.

I think the Arison family and Pat Riley are pretty cunning at the negotiating table, but if the Wade quotes are true, I also think he, LeBron and CP3 are really clueless. Even if you and your friends "feel" that way, you don't utter that nonsense after the fact for the media, and embarrass yourself in the process. At this point, I'm beginning to think the Miami organization made the right choice in allowing Wade to sign elsewhere, not unlike the calculus underlying our organization's decision to trade Shaq before his on-court contributions began to wane under the burden of another contract. Just zip it, Flash ...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Riley is cold-blooded.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:

Quote:

And Riley ends up with a $100 million payroll, with the same team that won 48 last year minus Wade, Deng, Joe Johnson and maybe Chris Bosh.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/16/dwyane-wade-takes-out-billboard-to-thank-fans-in-miami/

Quote:

Dwyane Wade takes out billboard to thank fans in Miami

Well done, Dwyane Wade.

This summer, after feeling lowballed and underappreciated by Heat management, Wade left the only professional team and city he had ever known to play for his hometown Chicago Bulls. But on his way out the door, he wanted to thank Heat fans, and did it with a billboard. (Mike Ryan, executive producer of the Dan Le Batard Ahow, was the first to post it that I saw.)

It was indeed classy. And classically Wade.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: