Another death by officer in Falcon Heights, MN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

How soon before we see the victims criminal arrest record/mugshot/most incriminating facebook photo?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

cinimod wrote:
How soon before we see the victims criminal arrest record/mugshot/most incriminating facebook photo?

I'm sure FauxNews is fervently researching every traffic citation, tax return, and high school yearbook inscription.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject:

The following will happen:

1. Cop will be "investigated" and be placed on leave with pay. Then he will be cleared because he will claim "he feared for his life, and that he was only protecting himself". The court will agree.

2. At best, the cop will be let go by the police and be charged with manslaughter. Serve a few months in jail under full protection.

True justice won't be served. Never is in these situations. It's pathetic.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

How many cops have been shot by someone with a 4 year old child and his girlfriend in the car? Seems like a stretch to think that's even a possibility.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
How many cops have been shot by someone with a 4 year old child and his girlfriend in the car? Seems like a stretch to think that's even a possibility.

More importantly, what kind of dangerous perp who is intending to shoot an officer says, "Hey, just so you know, I have a permitted weapon on me" just so there is no misunderstanding about intentions. If someone is planning to shoot you, there aren't going to obviously put themselves at the disadvantage by telling you about the gun.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:56 am    Post subject:

Just saw it and the Sterling video. Weary of these same stories being repeated over and over. I watch that and smh.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

The (bleep) rolls down hill..

These are cops poorly trained
Trained to be racists by their fellow officers
Trained to distrust and fear minorities

Police force needs to be a true public service... but this involves them actually giving a (bleep) about the neighborhoods and fellow human beings and not just the empowering feeling of being above the law...

they should never be above the law

find the loopholes the juries keep using to let these people off and CLOSE THEM TIGHT ASAP

They live off these cracks like cockroaches..
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

The "family" should play up the 2nd amendment angle. That should swing some of the jurors to their side that would be pro cop.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Officer knew he messed up. Sounds like he was crying.

That's why I think some of the language that's been used to describe at least this incident (and some others), calling it an "execution" or "murder", is often inaccurate and inflammatory. Obviously, there are very edgy nerves when guns are involved.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

What's up with the steering wheel?
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
They're trigger fingers are twitching. I know the job of a cop is stressful but damn, some of this aggression, especially at black folks, is highly unnecessary.

You see it as aggression, I see it as nerves in a tense situation. Even a law-abiding black male would be understandably nervous about interacting with the police, knowing past and recent history and the disproportionate number of deaths of black men by police. But the officer also is aware that he is statistically disproportionately more at risk when interacting with a black male.

So you have two people who are surely aware of statistics and the news, and nervous as a result of the actions of other pairs of people in similar situations - some of THOSE people racist, or criminal, or violent, or aggressive, or incompetent, etc. Sometimes, nobody was setting out to do anything racist, and yet race plays a role.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

That's why I think some of the language that's been used to describe at least this incident (and some others), calling it an "execution" or "murder", is often inaccurate and inflammatory. Obviously, there are very edgy nerves when guns are involved.

Gun. Singular. The only guy with a gun out was the cop. The professional. The other guy TOLD him he was armed with a permit and did as he was told which was get his paperwork. And he's now dead.

But no worries. All the crying and oops I mess up stuff will get Barney Fife a walk. It won't get past a grand jury.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

Gun. Singular.

It only takes one.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
They're trigger fingers are twitching. I know the job of a cop is stressful but damn, some of this aggression, especially at black folks, is highly unnecessary.

You see it as aggression, I see it as nerves in a tense situation. Even a law-abiding black male would be understandably nervous about interacting with the police, knowing past and recent history and the disproportionate number of deaths of black men by police. But the officer also is aware that he is statistically disproportionately more at risk when interacting with a black male.

So you have two people who are surely aware of statistics and the news, and nervous as a result of the actions of other pairs of people in similar situations - some of THOSE people racist, or criminal, or violent, or aggressive, or incompetent, etc. Sometimes, nobody was setting out to do anything racist, and yet race plays a role.

If such a thought were weighing heavily on the cops, then they would have weighed the risk to benefit ratio of pulling a black male over for a broken tail light. What person weighing such risks would think pulling over someone for a broken tail light was worth getting killed over?

Also, if they fear for their lives during normal traffic stops, they should not be cops.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:

Gun. Singular.

It only takes one.

But it was the cop with the gun. And it was the cop who initiated all contact. HE pulled them over for a busted tail light. If black men make him that nervous he shouldn't be a cop.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

That'd be false:

White men killed more American police than any other group this year, but conservatives won't address the facts
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

That'd be false:

White men killed more American police than any other group this year, but conservatives won't address the facts

Also, each race tends to kill within their own race. So, a white cop should REAAAAALY be scared of pulling over white males.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

If such a thought were weighing heavily on the cops, then they would have weighed the risk to benefit ratio of pulling a black male over for a broken tail light. What person weighing such risks would think pulling over someone for a broken tail light was worth getting killed over?

So black motorists shouldn't get pulled over for a broken tail light? Only everybody else? The police still have a job to do, and it's not like there aren't many other situations between them and black motorists that occur without incident. If it gets to where they're doing a "risk to benefit ratio" of carrying out the duties of their job, then we might agree that they should quit.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

So black motorists shouldn't get pulled over for a broken tail light? Only everybody else? The police still have a job to do, and it's not like there aren't many other situations between them and black motorists that occur without incident. If it gets to where they're doing a "risk to benefit ratio" of carrying out the duties of their job, then we might agree that they should quit.

Right, so why do you think they were of the impression their lives were in risk more over this particular traffic stop?
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

That'd be false:

Also, each race tends to kill within their own race. So, a white cop should REAAAAALY be scared of pulling over white males.

Perception has become a big part of what's going on. Perception has been legitimized and has graduated to justification. I perceive a threat, therefore, I can act based on that perception. Now what is considered a threat...well you have a young man in South Carolina who executed 9 people inside of a church, and police managed to not overreact and arrest this heavily armed individual. Even took him to Burger King on the way to police station. Then you have a 12 year old in a park with a real-looking toy gun playing by himself, and the cops pull a drive by. Hardly gave him a chance to react before blasting on him.

So the way the trends are going, perception trumps all, even facts. And the perception is, blacks are more threatening and more likely to harm cops. So they act accordingly, and they're being let off the hook for it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Link one incident that a White person is shot for a broken tail light. Did you see the video of a Black man being shot for getting his ID as asked to by the patrolman. Did you see the video of the White man waving a gun at armed policemen and was taken into custody?

Jake Brigance; Close your eyes, Now imagine he was White.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

That'd be false:

Actually, it's true, and I didn't cherry pick 17 deaths that occurred between January and May.

http://api.ning.com/files/ykZ*wTWqMzZPE7zHlk0o0ZNcmcEeNlu3*HMilj2PXF9MKrAFeqpFvzXo13egAaMlfAT9dAaZKAd30nRUo2kPJDcBuluO1ABs/racewhokillpolice.JPG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/09/are-black-or-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Condolences, Love, and Prayers. God Bless him, family, and loved ones.

Sad times.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

That'd be false:

Actually, it's true, and I didn't cherry pick 17 deaths that occurred between January and May.

http://api.ning.com/files/ykZ*wTWqMzZPE7zHlk0o0ZNcmcEeNlu3*HMilj2PXF9MKrAFeqpFvzXo13egAaMlfAT9dAaZKAd30nRUo2kPJDcBuluO1ABs/racewhokillpolice.JPG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/01/09/are-black-or-white-offenders-more-likely-to-kill-police/

Quote:
More white offenders than black offenders killed police between 1980 and 2013. Police officers were killed in ambush attacks by just as many black offenders as white offenders in the past three decades. There are no simple conclusions or trends that can be gleaned from the database alone, but it provides context that based on the raw numbers, officers are no more likely to be killed by black offenders than white offenders.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:21 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
What's up with the steering wheel?

Video image is flipped. The victim was driving.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: