GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Apparently per Ramona Shelborne:

Lakers are actively working with Deng's agent to find a trade partner for Deng. Teams are asking for 1 or more of BI/Kuz/JR. Another thing they can do is trade him for another bad contract, but with less years.

I read it from the Lakers Legacy Podcast Twitter. She was on the Mason & Ireland show talking about it.

On a side not, I will puke if BI and or Kuz had to go. I would miss Randle, but I don't think he was meant to be here long term anyways.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

Lakers are actively working with Deng's agent to find a trade partner for Deng. Teams are asking for 1 or more of BI/Kuz/JR. Another thing they can do is trade him for another bad contract, but with less years.

I read it from the Lakers Legacy Podcast Twitter. She we on the Mason & Ireland show talking about it.

On a side not, I will puke if BI and or Kuz had to go. I would miss Randle, but I don't think he was meant to be here long term anyways.

UGGG. We better not give up BI or Kuz. Randle is really growing on me now as well. I think we are pretty screwed. I am still hoping for some sort of buy out.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I read it from the Lakers Legacy Podcast Twitter. She was on the Mason & Ireland show talking about it.

I'd rather let Deng rot on the bench than trade one of BI or Kuz.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Me too. I'd rather lose out on 1 max free agent and roll the dice with BI, Kuz and whoever else we get. On the bright side BI & Kuz have to be safe, right? BI is untouchable, and Kuz was hand pick by this front office, Magic is enamored with him, and he's Lonzo's best friend on the team. So I have to imagine he's safe too.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Me too. I'd rather lose out on 1 max free agent and roll the dice with BI, Kuz and whoever else we get. On the bright side BI & Kuz have to be safe, right? BI is untouchable, and Kuz was hand pick by this front office, Magic is enamored with him, and he's Lonzo's best friend on the team. So I have to imagine he's safe too.

I hope you are right and I think you are.
BleedP&G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma is making under $2M for the next three years. Getting production at that price is a key piece to building a contender. No way he gets traded...I hope.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Am I the only one that wouldn’t mind seeing him paired with Randle? Really dislike when they use Brewer at the 4. Seems like our offense has gone in the tank with Kuz out of that 2nd unit and Brewer is a black hole on offense.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject:

As far as dealing Deng, IMO we need to wait until closer to the deadline. Injuries always play a key role in trades. Not to mention I believe we would be better off dealing our assets for 1st rounders and then using those possibly to move Deng.

I can easily see us getting a 1st for KCP or BroLo if we are out of contention. Then flip that pick and attach it to Deng.

Ideally, I would prefer the Lakers keep Clarkson/Randle. Out of those two, I believe Clarkson is the most easily replaced. Randle is providing the team with defense and a small ball lineup, not to mention will be a restricted FA.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

BleedP&G wrote:
Kuzma is making under $2M for the next three years. Getting production at that price is a key piece to building a contender. No way he gets traded...I hope.

Another great point.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Doc JC wrote:
Am I the only one that wouldn’t mind seeing him paired with Randle? Really dislike when they use Brewer at the 4. Seems like our offense has gone in the tank with Kuz out of that 2nd unit and Brewer is a black hole on offense.

I was wondering why they weren't playing Deng with the 2nd unit since Nance went down - he would have been a better choice then playing Brewer out of position.

Now this trade talk makes me wonder if they were purposely not playing Deng
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
Doc JC wrote:

I was wondering why they weren't playing Deng with the 2nd unit since Nance went down - he would have been a better choice then playing Brewer out of position.

Now this trade talk makes me wonder if they were purposely not playing Deng

I was hoping Luke would play Deng instead of Brewer in that lineup in order to up his trade value. Now if Deng has secretly asked for a trade and is disgruntled, I understand not playing him but they better not add any of our young prospects to trade him Lonzo/BI/Kuzma should be off limits. If we trade any of JC/Nance/Randle/Hart we better be getting future 1st round picks in return

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know what the buyout rules are? Will he forgo some of his salary for the buyout? Is the reduced salary spread over 5 years?

We would be better waiting until after the season and then stretching him from what I understand for we would be stretching less dollars. If Deng can do something to make that work better for Lakers that would be interesting.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
BleedP&G wrote:

Another great point.

--Anonymous
perry731
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Deng/Randle/1st round pick for Lebron!

Lebron, just do it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

If Kuz is traded I’m done. (And no he won’t).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
Does anyone know what the buyout rules are? Will he forgo some of his salary for the buyout? Is the reduced salary spread over 5 years?

We would be better waiting until after the season and then stretching him from what I understand for we would be stretching less dollars. If Deng can do something to make that work better for Lakers that would be interesting.

Any buyout would have to be negotiated. The remaining contract is spread over the life of the contract times two and plus one.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Don't buy him out. Unless he wants to give up most of the money left on his deal after this season. Which won't happen. Understandable that he would want out, but he is not giving up enough money to entice the Lakers. Obviously no trade market for him right now. And why should the Lakers give up big time players right now when they currently don't need cap space? You give up assets when you know a free agent is coming.

Lakers just need to bench him until next off season when he only has 2 years left on his deal. Might be easier to sell a trade when he is owed 2 years 36m then 3 years 54m. After the draft the Lakers own all their future 1st rounders. So you can use those to try to find a trade. Obviously depending if you can get big free agents to agree to come here. Otherwise maybe keep him for another year or stretch him.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

This!

At best I would give up Nance, Zu and Ennis to trade Deng. If there's no team willing, then buy him out

It would hurt to trade Zu/Nance but we have Kuz/Randle/Bogut
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject:

Patience is the key word on dealing Deng. Best case scenario is they get something done at the deadline but it need be they can wait until next summer.
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

How much is a buy out and how does that work?
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject:

Would you do Deng for Channing Frye and Iman Shumpert. Shumpert is due 11 million next year, still a move in the right direction for the Lakers. Also if need be Shumpert contract should be easy to move this summer.

Might even be a good idea to keep Shump, I think he is a slight upgrade over Brewer.

Im trading:
Deng, Bogut, Ennis, Bryant

for Shumpert, Frye, Calderon. Zizic

Works out for both teams great imo, please dissect someone???
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

RoyalPurple8 wrote:
Would you do Deng for Channing Frye and Iman Shumpert. Shumpert is due 11 million next year, still a move in the right direction for the Lakers. Also if need be Shumpert contract should be easy to move this summer.

Might even be a good idea to keep Shump, I think he is a slight upgrade over Brewer.

Frye and Shumpert is about $28.8 million in salary and Deng is $54 million in salary.

Why would Cleveland do that trade?
RoyalPurple8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
RoyalPurple8 wrote:

Frye and Shumpert is about $28.8 million in salary and Deng is $54 million in salary.

Why would Cleveland do that trade?

They get Bogut back which they need, they get Ennis, a true pg, which they need, a young future center in Bryant.
We get Shumpert, two bum expiring players, and a project center.

Cavs need versatility and defense they are hurting.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject:

Buyout or stretch, nothing else.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject:

Luol Deng seeks to prove himself on court, not function solely as locker room leader

Quote:
"It definitely hurts," Deng told ESPN on Monday after the Lakers practiced. "But the only answer for me now is to prove myself away from L.A. I'm not asked to play, I'm not in the rotation, so I can't prove myself here.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21319059/luol-deng-los-angeles-lakers-hopeful-play-elsewhere
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 92 of 157
Jump to: