GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

To be honest jimmy and Mitch who did the insane deal should volunteer to find a perfect deal or do the buyout using their dough. Can’t believe they did that deal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"It definitely hurts," Deng told ESPN on Monday after the Lakers practiced. "But the only answer for me now is to prove myself away from L.A. I'm not asked to play, I'm not in the rotation, so I can't prove myself here

Further proof that the mind is willing but the body is NOT!

Deng-Done!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
"It definitely hurts," Deng told ESPN on Monday after the Lakers practiced. "But the only answer for me now is to prove myself away from L.A. I'm not asked to play, I'm not in the rotation, so I can't prove myself here

Further proof that the mind is willing but the body is NOT!

Deng-Done!

I feel for Rob, him calling every team in the league and no
picks up....
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject:

Chicago should take him so he can retire there. Time for them to be classy
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject:

This guy had no problem signing a contract he did not deserve, and, now, he wants to say he does not play for the money? FOH. He's lucky the Lakers paid him because no one else was going to, and he should feel privileged to ride the pine getting paid what he does.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:
To be honest jimmy and Mitch who did the insane deal should volunteer to find a perfect deal or do the buyout using their dough. Can’t believe they did that deal.

Again, the deal was no problem for their plan, they weren’t looking at having cap space. That is this FO’s plan and problem.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
This guy had no problem signing a contract he did not deserve, and, now, he wants to say he does not play for the money? FOH. He's lucky the Lakers paid him because no one else was going to, and he should feel privileged to ride the pine getting paid what he does.

Washington was going to pay him but he chose us.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Well, he chose LA.... and a 4th year of guaranteed money.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Washington was going to pay him half of what we were, as was Utah, but we came in and made that huge offer and he could not resist. So Even if you want to defend Mitch's plan, he went way overboard in what was actually necessary to pay him.
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject:

No rush to deal Luol. We have like 8 months to figure this out. I have thought since the beginning of the season that Deng + Randle will be the trade. We may also need to include Zubac and some second round picks as well.

No point in doing this until Nance gets back. Our bench is too weak without Julius and Larry, and we're playing well right now. We don't want to repeat what happened last year when Russell went down - our rotation became too weak, we lost games, developed a losing mentality and never recovered. We aren't going to win 40 this year, but we don't have our draft pick so let's win as many as we can!

Some potential trade partners:
Atlanta: Belinelli, Ilyasova, etc.
Phoenix: Monroe
Chicago: Mirotic
Dallas: McRoberts, Devin Harris, etc.

I think Chicago makes a ton of sense, and Dallas might as well. Either of those would need to happen closer to the trade deadline. Mirotic is injured now, and again, so is Larry... that trade around Dec - Jan could work.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

captain jack wrote:

But wait. According to an armchair GM on this site, it was a great deal.
Deng would provide veteran leadership. Are you saying it was not a good deal?
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

Quote:
The Wizards were nearing a three-year, $52 million deal with the veteran free agent prior to the Lakers bid, a development that “stunned” the Wizards, sources told ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

We offered $20M and another guaranteed year more. To say "Washington was going to pay him but he chose us" is laughably disingenuous.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-outbid-wizards-luol-deng-20m/
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Great post Rubin!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Please tell me you're joking.

Quote:
The Wizards were nearing a three-year, $52 million deal with the veteran free agent prior to the Lakers bid, a development that “stunned” the Wizards, sources told ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

We offered $20M and another guaranteed year more. To say "Washington was going to pay him but he chose us" is laughably disingenuous.

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-outbid-wizards-luol-deng-20m/

So that proves that no one else was willing to pay him? I think it is the opposite.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Washington was going to pay him half of what we were, as was Utah, but we came in and made that huge offer and he could not resist. So Even if you want to defend Mitch's plan, he went way overboard in what was actually necessary to pay him.

Bingo. Plus adding that extra year was just stupid

The “We were designed to suck on purpose for four years” is a pretty bad attempt at revisionist history. It was just a dumb signing
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Luol Deng seeks to prove himself on court, not function solely as locker room leader

Quote:
"It definitely hurts," Deng told ESPN on Monday after the Lakers practiced. "But the only answer for me now is to prove myself away from L.A. I'm not asked to play, I'm not in the rotation, so I can't prove myself here.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21319059/luol-deng-los-angeles-lakers-hopeful-play-elsewhere

Must hurt to watch Lakers games for free, eat great food, stay at fancy hotels, and make 18 mill per year. Man what a tough life.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Deng is the last cancer cell still suriviving in this franchise leftover from the Jim and Mitch tumor. It'd be a miracle if Maginka could trade him without giving up a young piece or 1st rounder.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Again, the deal was no problem for their plan, they weren’t looking at having cap space. That is this FO’s plan and problem.

Their plan was to soak up 30% of our cap with two players who aren't starting level caliber? Brilliant.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Their plan was to soak up 30% of our cap with two players who aren't starting level caliber? Brilliant.

Yes, it was exactly that, brilliant analysis. The plan was to develop young players and have cap space after 3-4 years. They learned the hard way that “we’are LA” no longer sells and hoped a talented young team would. As things actually do work in the NBA.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

Yes, it was exactly that, brilliant analysis. The plan was to develop young players and have cap space after 3-4 years. They learned the hard way that “we’are LA” no longer sells and hoped a talented young team would. As things actually do work in the NBA.

And what happens if those players develop faster than expected and that cap space is needed sooner? Oops.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

And what happens if those players develop faster than expected and that cap space is needed sooner? Oops.

That isn’t something to worry about, it isn’t happening. And except for the Lebrons of the world, it doesn’t happen.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

That isn’t something to worry about, it isn’t happening. And except for the Lebrons of the world, it doesn’t happen.

Really? BI, Kuz, JC, Randle and Ball are not developing? They look pretty good to me out there right now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Pretty good doesn’t equal a contender or a core that attracts FAs. Give them another year.
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
captain jack wrote:

It doesn't have to be LeBron. Roster and cap flexibility allow for moves like JJ Reddick and KCP. Both players on short-term deals who add value to the youth movement for their teams. And in the worst case scenario that they don't work out, you're not saddled with their contracts for 3-4 years. The Hibbert trade is a great example of that. Mitch & Jim took a swing that he might return to his All-Star level play. It didn't work out. No harm, no foul.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pretty good doesn’t equal a contender or a core that attracts FAs. Give them another year.

This I agree with.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 93 of 157
Jump to: