GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

This truly is a great country. Only in America could two young men, one from Russia, the other from Sudan, convince an addled son of a late billionaire to give them $126 million dollars for nothing in return.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I hear he’s thinking of changing his name to LOL, Dang.

Heck I am going to laugh some more
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:
This truly is a great country. Only in America could two young men, one from Russia, the other from Sudan, convince an addled son of a late billionaire to give them $126 million dollars for nothing in return.

I hope you got some nice pay it forward shout outs. That comment is gold!
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Just let the guy play. It’s not like he pulled a Joakim or anything, he’s essentially being punished for signing that enormous contract.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:

Never thought one emoticon could be so funny!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

Mitch and Jim fully expected them to play 4 years and earn their money, while our young kids grow during the Warriors reign. Devaluing them, and treating them as a liability by dumping a #2 pick overall to get rid of one contract, and allowing the other contract to sit at home and do nothing has nothing to do with Mitch and Jim. That has all to do with the Maginka plan, aka 2-max plan, aka tide is turning plan, aka we making inroads plan, aka anti-positional duplication plan, aka same "2014 Mitch & Jim pipe idea, but now under better storytelling and bigger smiling new management" plan.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

kevin61 wrote:

and they didn't even have to infect their computer or email a fake hostage situation.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Mitch and Jim fully expected them to play 4 years and earn their money, while our young kids grow during the Warriors reign. Devaluing them, and treating them as a liability by dumping a #2 pick overall to get rid of one contract, and allowing the other contract to sit at home and do nothing has nothing to do with Mitch and Jim. That has all to do with the Maginka plan, aka 2-max plan, aka tide is turning plan, aka we making inroads plan, aka anti-positional duplication plan, aka same "2014 Mitch & Jim pipe idea, but now under better storytelling and bigger smiling new management" plan.

Except with more available money.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Except with more available money.

One max slot both times, 2014 and 2018.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

Not really, it doesn't matter if Deng was playing for free, he can't contribute anything and is more than likely to be a net negative on the floor. Plus we have 3 young PF's that need playing time so I don't see how we get him in the rotation even if we wanted to.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
kevin61 wrote:

As an aside, lets see if Deng ever plays another NBA game once he's stretched in the summer. I doubt it. If he does, he'll never be a significant contributor again.

If Jimmy and Mitch had such expectations they were fools. Neither of the two is playing in the second of the four years they are contracted for. New Jersey began the year playing Mozgov and have since ceased. In totality, it was the worst move in franchise history and was entirely forseeable. No matter what the plan, two, four or fifty, you're never better off signing poor talent to bloated long term contracts
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject:

They should at least put him in, everytime they are down by 20 points...
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
They should at least put him in, everytime they are down by 20 points...

If I was owner, and that was my money, I might make him at least valet cars.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

I'd be playing Deng over Brewer tbh.

Better defender, and more reliable shooter.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Id play neither

Go lakers!
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

At least it's not a Noah situation. He's still traveling and practicing with the team, mentoring the young players.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
At least it's not a Noah situation. He's still traveling and practicing with the team, mentoring the young players.

Deng's been a class act this entire season.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I'd be playing Deng over Brewer tbh.

Better defender, and more reliable shooter.

Brewer is getting most of his minutes as a back up 2 or 3. Most people on here keep saying Deng can’t play the 3 anymore he’s more of a 4
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

I’m surprised this didn’t get any hits today. 2019 would give the lakers less incentive to move deng. If they don’t trade him or buy him out his career is basically over as I don’t see the lakers playing him next year either
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
I’m surprised this didn’t get any hits today. 2019 would give the lakers less incentive to move deng. If they don’t trade him or buy him out his career is basically over as I don’t see the lakers playing him next year either

Yes, who thinks he can be easily traded next year does not take in consideration he'll be then next to two tears without playing.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Yeah this is interesting. It makes it more likely that he accepts a buyout too (it almost makes you wonder if this entire thing is an elaborate setup to put negotiating pressure on Deng) so he isn't stuck here.

Of course, if you're the Lakers, do you even want to buy him out if you're not going to make any moves until 2019? Because if you buy him out you have dead money on the books, whereas if you keep him he's an expiring in '19-'20 and should be more tradeable (i.e. require fewer assets to be moved).
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

They can sell it as a "Jordan retirement". Take a couple years off and come back refreshed. Try to repair some damage that Thibs wreaked upon him. It can be a Deng Comeback/Farewell Tour all at once!! (on another team, hopefully)
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Yeah this is interesting. It makes it more likely that he accepts a buyout too (it almost makes you wonder if this entire thing is an elaborate setup to put negotiating pressure on Deng) so he isn't stuck here.

Of course, if you're the Lakers, do you even want to buy him out if you're not going to make any moves until 2019? Because if you buy him out you have dead money on the books, whereas if you keep him he's an expiring in '19-'20 and should be more tradeable (i.e. require fewer assets to be moved).

Yeah, I think they might just wait until the middle or end of next season and trade him as an expiring to someone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 94, 95, 96 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 95 of 157
Jump to: