GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
lakers would be lucky to even get Solomon hill for deng now

We have little choice but to pray and hope he plays better. We are stuck with him for better or worse.
alwayslakers08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I want Deng to just throw one at the rim with one hand. I want to see it brick long for once. The front rim shots are causing lots of profanity in my home.
hahahah! i feel you bro!

GO LAKERS
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
lakers would be lucky to even get Solomon hill for deng now

We have little choice but to pray and hope he plays better. We are stuck with him for better or worse.

true. hope he goes on a tear next 2 months and get his useless bum out of here.

his tear would me more like 10/6
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

"Ugh I hate when he plays bad!! If he turns it all around and suddenly starts playing well and benefiting us like I wish he was doing right now, I say we trade him!!"

is quite the motif among Lakers fans. Hate when they are playing bad, hope they turn it around to get rid of those worries, once those worries are gone trade them!!

I'd figure it would make more sense that if Deng turns it around as the season rolls along(like we're expecting) that would be the time to keep him, as he's doing for us what we want him to do and/or are complaining that he isn't doing.

If Deng is averaging anywhere between 10-12 offensively in the starting lineup that's essentially as high as we were expecting on that end.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:27 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Thought I'm having while making dinner and not really looking into it:

Does a Deng-Pekovic swap work salary-wise? If so, how many years on Pekovic's deal?

Pekovic's deal is through 2018, but he might not play again due to injuries, and yes it does work in the trade machine, but our SF depth will be even more weaken outside of Ingram. So we have to wait till the off season for that.

If the Wolves aren't looking to dump salary this season, then it would be smart to hold off until the summer. But if they're looking to add a vet by the trade deadline, they get one in Deng and make space to add another player by the deadline or in the offseason. By the deadline, Nick Young should be healthy enough to play 3 if needed. I like this, and it sets up the Wolves for a second better deal if Thibs wants to bring back Deng.

But then why would they take on salary for more years? Crap.

Please find your shot, Deng. Or something. Mozgov has had a rough stretch of games at the wrong time, but he's had enough decent games to earn my good faith.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
"Ugh I hate when he plays bad!! If he turns it all around and suddenly starts playing well and benefiting us like I wish he was doing right now, I say we trade him!!"

is quite the motif among Lakers fans. Hate when they are playing bad, hope they turn it around to get rid of those worries, once those worries are gone trade them!!

I'd figure it would make more sense that if Deng turns it around as the season rolls along(like we're expecting) that would be the time to keep him, as he's doing for us what we want him to do and/or are complaining that he isn't doing.

If Deng is averaging anywhere between 10-12 offensively in the starting lineup that's essentially as high as we were expecting on that end.

I dont care about the numbers. I just dont want him to be a liability on the court.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:33 pm    Post subject:

What I mainly need from Deng till his offense comes round and his legs come back after the injury earlier in pre-season is that he play defense adequately. There's been games where he has and other games where he has not.

Ultimately his legs coming back are the main things I am awaiting on and hoping for. Despite the damage Thibs has done to them with all those years of running him into the ground, the best we can hope for or look towards is his legs coming around in late December or Mid-January.

If in all honesty it took for January/February for Deng to come around, I'd prefer he close the last few months of the season playing very good basketball. Particularly if we're making a run to make the playoffs.

I think what Deng should be doing now and what we should be running more for him of, is slashes to the basket. Why? Because Deng for his career would get to the free throw line at least 4 times a game or so.

Deng getting to the basket, slashing to the basket and drawing fouls would help him from the standpoint of that end till his legs came back around and I think that may be ideal. The games he goes to the free throw line consistently are his best games with us this year even if his shot isn't falling.

I think we need to start running some of those plays for him till his legs come back around imo.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Thought I'm having while making dinner and not really looking into it:

Does a Deng-Pekovic swap work salary-wise? If so, how many years on Pekovic's deal?

Pekovic's deal is through 2018, but he might not play again due to injuries, and yes it does work in the trade machine, but our SF depth will be even more weaken outside of Ingram. So we have to wait till the off season for that.

Pekovic/BRush is the trade I have been saying but no way a team takes Deng right now.

Bingo.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Johnson is still serviceable in the limited minutes he's playing. In fact, he's shooting close to his career high from the three this season (44%), though that has more to do with Quin Snyder's system.

It appears Deng's legs are gone. I've said his game right now is eerily similar to post-Achilles Kobe. The difference is Kobe was able to sell tickets and carry the team during some clutch situations. Deng is... a sitting duck. He's effectively what Tayshaun Prince was last season or the season before that. Only difference is Prince signed for the vets minimum.
Dude was like 1-24 down 1 or 2 with 24 seconds or fewer left in the game, in '14-'15. The bolded part is not true, and believe me I'm a big Kobe fan. (And yes, I remember his career finale.)

Deng does seem to have lost his legs like Kobe after the Achilles injury. It's baffling.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject:

Dude's got to change the form on his jumper.... he's running with his old form which didn't manifest much arch in his prime - now it's done for that one.
He often missed short/flat in his prime. He is so stiff in the upper body on it, it's more of that than a legs issue imo. Kobe had less legs and could get more arch. Vince Carter gets great arch. Dirk gets great arch. Looking at his shot, his damn upper body is too tight, ball looks heavy coming off.
Athletically he looks much better than those aforementioned players still. Are his legs a part of the issue, yes, but also hate his form.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 am    Post subject:

I think Mitch offs him once he is allowed to trade him starting December 15. Unfortunately, there is ZERO market for under performing, older player who is playing like trash and is in year one of a 4 year deal. Does Mitch wait to see if he can turn it around? Can he turn it around? Nobody knows

The rumors about Levine are crazy and I do not know where they came from. Lets take off our Laker Homer glasses for a second and think about this rationally. Why would the Wolves give us Levine (a promising young player still on a rookie deal) for a deal involving Dung. Lets assume RUMORS of Thibs wanting Dung are true. OK, I'll play since Thibs has a history with him and he WAS a solid player for him in the past. Why would he give up Levine. If anything, we would have to sweeten the pot to get the deal done instead of the Wolves sweetening the pot. They could EASILY float Levine out to the league and get a very good asset. They do not need to send him to us in order to get the Dung deal done. Again, we may have to add something in order for them to take him off our hands, not vice versa.

I keep on reading about Dung's shot being flat which is true. This is a sign of the natural progression of getting older (and I hate to say being out of shape) when your legs start to go.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I think Mitch offs him once he is allowed to trade him starting December 15. Unfortunately, there is ZERO market for under performing, older player who is playing like trash and is in year one of a 4 year deal. Does Mitch wait to see if he can turn it around? Can he turn it around? Nobody knows

The rumors about Levine are crazy and I do not know where they came from. Lets take off our Laker Homer glasses for a second and think about this rationally. Why would the Wolves give us Levine (a promising young player still on a rookie deal) for a deal involving Dung. Lets assume RUMORS of Thibs wanting Dung are true. OK, I'll play since Thibs has a history with him and he WAS a solid player for him in the past. Why would he give up Levine. If anything, we would have to sweeten the pot to get the deal done instead of the Wolves sweetening the pot. They could EASILY float Levine out to the league and get a very good asset. They do not need to send him to us in order to get the Dung deal done. Again, we may have to add something in order for them to take him off our hands, not vice versa.

I keep on reading about Dung's shot being flat which is true. This is a sign of the natural progression of getting older (and I hate to say being out of shape) when your legs start to go.

The deal would be Deng/Filler for Pek/Filler. The idea is to get either Jones or Muhammad as the filler guy from minny

and I think Pek/Muhammad for Deng/??? is not all that unrealistic
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:50 am    Post subject:

We can do Deng for Pec straight up. If fillers are added, there is absolutely "NO WAY" Levine will be coming our way. We may not even be able to get Jones (as he has recently been getting more minutes than Dunn). Shabazz might be the guy IF Thibs really does want Deng in the first place.

Last edited by RI Laker on Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject:

Pek for Deng would mean we have no one to fill the minute void though. That's why the filler is important
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:56 am    Post subject:

I agree with you. The question then becomes who would we off to balance the trade? We are not going to be able to off one of our pg's because they already have to many.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

Pec is good, but IDK if he'll make a difference on this Lakers Team. I do believe Deng gets traded asap. They have to wait until he can be traded, but it will happen.

The fact that he's not really producing at this present time doesn't really matter much, simply because Tibbs knows what he's capable of. A he knows his system and is a proven vet in his system.

I can truly attest to say that for some players, running a new system can be very difficult. It's a lot easier for newer players, so that's why the young guns on this team excel more.

We need to trade him and it needs to be to minny, and I would say, Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, or Zach LeVine should be at least one of the options we get in return.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
Pec is good, but IDK if he'll make a difference on this Lakers Team. I do believe Deng gets traded asap. They have to wait until he can be traded, but it will happen.

The fact that he's not really producing at this present time doesn't really matter much, simply because Tibbs knows what he's capable of. A he knows his system and is a proven vet in his system.

I can truly attest to say that for some players, running a new system can be very difficult. It's a lot easier for newer players, so that's why the young guns on this team excel more.

We need to trade him and it needs to be to minny, and I would say, Shabazz Muhammad, Gorgui Dieng, or Zach LeVine should be at least one of the options we get in return.

Pekovic would not come here to play. He's out the whole year and will probably just be waived. It's an expiring contract in 2018, the offseason of paul george.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject:

Nevermind.

Last edited by Vin on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject:

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Expect the volume to keep rising on questions about Luol Deng and where he fits with this team. In the first year of a four-year, $72 million deal, Deng is shooting 33 percent from the field and struggling to find his niche among all the Lakers' youth and pace. Who knows what sort of market would await the Lakers even if they tried to trade him, but the topic seems unlikely to fade.
Excerpt from: ESPN
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4719/earlier-nba-opener-likely-coming-in-new-cba
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Expect the volume to keep rising on questions about Luol Deng and where he fits with this team. In the first year of a four-year, $72 million deal, Deng is shooting 33 percent from the field and struggling to find his niche among all the Lakers' youth and pace. Who knows what sort of market would await the Lakers even if they tried to trade him, but the topic seems unlikely to fade.
http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4719/earlier-nba-opener-likely-coming-in-new-cba

If he's confirmed legit sucks then roll the dice and trade him for Bosh
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:

If he's confirmed legit sucks then roll the dice and trade him for Bosh

I'd take Isaiah Austin at this point
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject:

I could forgive Deng if he played well during this stretch where everyone else is injured and then returned to his old-ass form. Someone else has to step up offensively with DLO/Young out. Ingram looks like he could be a candidate on some nights. But we're paying this guy to step up in moments like these, too.

Lakers wouldn't be getting much back if a Pek salary dump deal opens up. They'd be thin at 3 until Nick Young's back.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

Looks like even put Pek is going to be tough. Minny is going to use the medical retirement on him and get our of his contract this year
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

we can still sell the idea he's playing good defense and is having trouble adjusting to the system. Maybe we could sucker some boderline contender to give up some assets for him around the trade deadline. I'm sure Wade would vouch for him in Chicago but they don't need him, Minny, it would be amusing if they had Deng and Dieng at PF but even considering the pressure Thibs is starting to feel - seeing the young Lakers playing well and improving while Minny is dragging... I don't know if we could get much youth out of them in a Deng trade or not... not unless they start to get some locker room problems and feel they need a vet to come in there and stabilize things... (crosses fingers)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 50 of 157
Jump to: