GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject:

GasolBynumKobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
The best thing about him defensively is his size, we can usually switch on defense with 3 players. Once the guys he is switching with get up to par that should be an advantage.

If everyone said he was playing well, you would say he's not. Your shtick is getting stale and old.

Gotcha Mr. Negativity.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
To say he's been a disappointment would be an understatement

Maybe for your lofty expectation, I expected him to be at around 8 and 5 with some defense and good leadership. He is at about 7 and 5 so it isn't far off.

I love how Deng's numbers continue to slide, but you continue to say the same thing but just adjust your numbers.

From a few weeks ago when Luol Deng was averaging 8.4 PPG
venturalakersfan wrote:
I was hoping for 10 and 5 from Deng this season, so he isn't far off from that.

LINK

Maybe next week, you'll say that you expected 6 and 5 with some good defense and good leadership, and with his averages at 5.6PPG it isn't far off?

It doesn't make any sense for anyone to say what Deng is doing is "not far off" from expectations. There's only two ways that that is possible:

A) You expected him to shoot around the 33% that he is
B) You expected him to take around 5 shots per game

No one, in all honesty, expected either of those things.

The 5 shots per game is something that I had expected, he wasn't going to be a top 4 offensive option on this team. Even in his prime he never averaged 20 ppg, around 16-18 was normal for him. And I think that many here expected him in his prime, which was about 5 years ago.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At this time all I hope for is that he will round into shape and come in at least 80% of what he was last year. Regardless Ingram is going to take his spot sooner than later and yes, it'll be painful to have an 18m bench player, but it is what it is.

i keep hearing this, is there a report that says he is out of shape or we are assuming he is out of shape because of his production oncourt

Take a look at him. Not as cut as he was last season, looked doughy this summer. Def didn't show much athleticism in the summer either. Could be he had taken it easy this summer (bad) or had some minor injury that stopped him from getting into top shape.

hmm maybe Thibs just ran him out of gas? who knows
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

At this point, Deng is useless. We could get his production from a DLeague player. I stated before. CleAnthony Early could give us these tragic numbers. Le'Bryan Nash, PJ Hairston. I'd take a look at those 3. Nash reminds me of a SF Thomas Robinson. He does the dirty work. Average shooter. Early and Hairston are talented but a little off in terms of dedication so far. Just guys worth a shot considering Deng is abysmal. If we could get Thibs to take his boy back I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Longtime LG lurker.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
defense wrote:
To say he's been a disappointment would be an understatement

Maybe for your lofty expectation, I expected him to be at around 8 and 5 with some defense and good leadership. He is at about 7 and 5 so it isn't far off.

I love how Deng's numbers continue to slide, but you continue to say the same thing but just adjust your numbers.

From a few weeks ago when Luol Deng was averaging 8.4 PPG
venturalakersfan wrote:
I was hoping for 10 and 5 from Deng this season, so he isn't far off from that.

LINK

Maybe next week, you'll say that you expected 6 and 5 with some good defense and good leadership, and with his averages at 5.6PPG it isn't far off?

It doesn't make any sense for anyone to say what Deng is doing is "not far off" from expectations. There's only two ways that that is possible:

A) You expected him to shoot around the 33% that he is
B) You expected him to take around 5 shots per game

No one, in all honesty, expected either of those things.

The 5 shots per game is something that I had expected, he wasn't going to be a top 4 offensive option on this team. Even in his prime he never averaged 20 ppg, around 16-18 was normal for him. And I think that many here expected him in his prime, which was about 5 years ago.

so now we are going from points to shots taken?

like yesterday: 22mins 2/2/1. you will come here and say thats what i expected out of him in december
smh
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At this time all I hope for is that he will round into shape and come in at least 80% of what he was last year. Regardless Ingram is going to take his spot sooner than later and yes, it'll be painful to have an 18m bench player, but it is what it is.

i keep hearing this, is there a report that says he is out of shape or we are assuming he is out of shape because of his production oncourt

Take a look at him. Not as cut as he was last season, looked doughy this summer. Def didn't show much athleticism in the summer either. Could be he had taken it easy this summer (bad) or had some minor injury that stopped him from getting into top shape.

hmm maybe Thibs just ran him out of gas? who knows

maybe. But I also think pace is an issue. Seems he's just out of place with our quick offense.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

You should shake your head, you obviously have a great deal of trouble reading posts and understanding what was posted.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject:

He is done. If he came into camp out of shape (which he did), you think he would have been in shape by now (almost a third into the season). His lack of effort indicates that he played for a contract last year. It appears that he is moping around and gives minimal effort at best. I wonder if he is happy playing for us (maybe the poster that knows the FO can answer this).
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
He is done. If he came into camp out of shape (which he did), you think he would have been in shape by now (almost a third into the season). His lack of effort indicates that he played for a contract last year. It appears that he is moping around and gives minimal effort at best. I wonder if he is happy playing for us (maybe the poster that knows the FO can answer this).

But he is providing vet leadership on: how to come to camp in tip top shape, how to give your best effort. No?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

But he is providing vet leadership on: how to come to camp in tip top shape, how to give your best effort. No?

Every singe teammate he has played with and coach he has played for have nothing but praise for Deng. He is a high character guy, there is no disputing this. There is something else going on.

I dispute your lack of effort comment. He tries, I have seen all the games. He is not loafing out there. He tries, maybe he tries too hard and is pressing.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Every singe teammate he has played with and coach he has played for have nothing but praise for Deng. He is a high character guy, there is no disputing this. There is something else going on.

I dispute your lack of effort comment. He tries, I have seen all the games. He is not loafing out there. He tries, maybe he tries too hard and is pressing.

He might be high character guy but he is out of shape and just because he is a nice guy doesnt mean hes worth 72 million.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject:

Don't feed the troll guys. There's only one person defending Deng in here. Everyone else knows how horrible he has been this season
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject:

This is really Mitch's worse offseason he has had and it might hurt us for 4 years. Wow just bad, he might need to stick to only drafting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Don't feed the troll guys. There's only one person defending Deng in here. Everyone else knows how horrible he has been this season

Troll? How is someone hoping Deng works out...mind you in Deng's official thread, considered trolling?
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Lucky_Shot wrote:
This is really Mitch's worse offseason he has had and it might hurt us for 4 years. Wow just bad, he might need to stick to only drafting.

Its not looking good, but remember the position we were in. We were a 17 win team and had to overpay just to get guys to come here. The top free agents were never going to come here so we had to take what we could get.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I have also watched the games and we disagree because my take is he is not very engaging on the court and clearly has not shown the consistent effort that he has in the past. If he was hurt (no reports that he is), that would be one thing. I agree about what you say concerning his past and that is why he is getting paid a premium. To be honest with you, I only care about his time as a Laker. He has been a huge disappointment (to me anyways). If you were watching the Lakers for the 1st time and everyone was on equal status, where would you put him? I would put him at about our 8th or 9th best player.
Vino24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject:

i would do a deng for pekovic and shabazz muhammad deal. Maybe thibs bites on one of his former players to mentor wiggins
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't call anybody a troll because they have a different take. Lets be civil and disagree and not put anybody down like some perfect and all knowing posters do.

PS. Who does grandpa Dung have pictures of in the Lakers organization?

Last edited by RI Laker on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

Its not looking good, but remember the position we were in. We were a 17 win team and had to overpay just to get guys to come here. The top free agents were never going to come here so we had to take what we could get.

There were better deals to be had: Festus ezeli signed a 2 year deal for 15 million. Wayne Ellington 2 years for 12 million. Dion waiters 1 year for less than 3. Jeremy lin 3 for 38mil.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Troll? How is someone hoping Deng works out...mind you in Deng's official thread, considered trolling?

Vlf not you
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Vlf not you

I knew that, but how is trying to find the positives out a poor season by Deng trolling?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Vlf not you

I knew that, but how is trying to find the positives out a poor season by Deng trolling?

because it's a different opinion / perspective?
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:22 am    Post subject:

4 years 72 million

You're kidding yourself if you actually expect anyone to believe THIS is what you expect to receive when you give out this type of money. Spare me from being talked down to as well, we're more than a quarter ways into the season and he is looking no better.
Shaolin's Finest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

Vlf not you

because it's a different opinion / perspective?

Because it's ridiculous. It's a terrible contract and we're receiving terrible production. I don't see how anyone can defend the signing logically. Just admit it was a mistake a move on. How much more poorly does the guy have to play for you see that?

Last edited by Shaolin's Finest on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

I don't think Ingram is entirely ready to start, but I kind of believe that Deng might play better against 2nd units and could still fit well with the bench mob.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 55 of 157
Jump to: