GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

What would be the cost of dumping Deng to another team? Would a future first rounder be enough for a GM to absorb Deng's atrocity of a contract?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Deng has been playing very well the past month. He now gets the system. We need vets on the team, I would not want to trade him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
What would be the cost of dumping Deng to another team? Would a future first rounder be enough for a GM to absorb Deng's atrocity of a contract?

What would be the benefit of doing something as stupid as that? Winning too much?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Deng has been playing very well the past month. He now gets the system. We need vets on the team, I would not want to trade him.

Yea, since a disastrous Oct/Nov, Deng has rebounded. In the last 20 games hes averaging over 30 mpg, averaging 10 points, six rebounds, 2 assists, and more than a steal a game on 45% shooting and 36% from 3.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Yea, since a disastrous Oct/Nov, Deng has rebounded. In the last 20 games hes averaging over 30 mpg, averaging 10 points, six rebounds, 2 assists, and more than a steal a game on 45% shooting and 36% from 3.

Has he been playing a bit more PF too With Nance/Black out with injuries?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

They closed out with Randle, Deng and Ingram, I guess technically one of them might have been a PF.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:

Has he been playing a bit more PF too With Nance/Black out with injuries?

Yes, a little, but he started rebounding before that.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

The 31-year-old is averaging 10.5 points while shooting 45.6 percent from the field and 36.4 percent from three-point territory during his last 15 appearances.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject:

He didn't put up enough attempts. Hopefully he can raise his value a little bit before the TD even though I think he can do better with a winning environment.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject:

I don't get the reason for signing Deng or Mozgov to such huge deals if we can't get any production out of them. I thought the Nash deal was bad but these two are getting there.

WT heck was Mitch, Jim, and Luke thinking? this is starting to look bad
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject:

Luol Deng Getting Comfortable in LA’s Offense
Quote:
In what has been a forgetful season for Lakers’ Luol Deng, he might have finally turned the corner with the Purple and Gold.

At 31 years old, Deng is averaging 8.3 points per game–on track for a career-low–and his defense and quickness, though still good, are not what they used to be. More often than not his value related to the hefty contract he signed this past summer has been questioned.

However, he has finally started to show signs of progress.

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/01/13/lakers-luol-deng-getting-comfortable-in-las-offense/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject:

Deng has been playing well and should provide some good veteran leadership. I hope he is more vocal in practices and the locker room with someone like Randle, with Deng's NBA history there is a lot he can share. But when people look at a price tag and ignore what a player is bringing it is no surprise that they are disappointed. If one expected to see 18 and 9 from Deng then they were setting themselves up for disappointment. That isn't on Deng, that is on them.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Deng has started to play well after about the 25 game mark but I still find it concerning it seems his body seems to breaking down in year 1 of a 4 year deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Deng has started to play well after about the 25 game mark but I still find it concerning it seems his body seems to breaking down in year 1 of a 4 year deal.

LeBron has been getting rest as well.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

LeBron has been getting rest as well.

Deng isn't LeBron and It's just not today. It's the nagging injuries recently.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Deng has been playing well and should provide some good veteran leadership. I hope he is more vocal in practices and the locker room with someone like Randle, with Deng's NBA history there is a lot he can share. But when people look at a price tag and ignore what a player is bringing it is no surprise that they are disappointed. If one expected to see 18 and 9 from Deng then they were setting themselves up for disappointment. That isn't on Deng, that is on them.

So one can't expect 18 and 9 from a 18 million/year wing? I don't think they're excited about what he is averaging up till now. Either the FO's expectations of him were off, they're mishandling him in the offense, or they don't mind what's going on and they just felt the need to 'spend some money somewhere'. Either way, this seems like another screw up by the FO.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

I believe Deng is someone you want around Ingram while he is developing.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:43 am    Post subject:

Deng is a decent player who can provide some leadership as he has never been a problem in the locker room. That being said, he is grossly overpaid and his contract will get more toxic as the years go. Anybody who says they expected this kind of play from him should go to Vegas. I did not expect his lowest career shooting % and lowest scoring average of his career. One would think because he is not playing with a star for the first time in his career, he would give us more offensively. I just do not see it.

There was a small stretch were he was playing good and not scrub like, but he is back to his season averages for his last 10 games (8 pts, 5.5 rebounds, and .40 from the floor). I must be a dbag, because I did expect more from him. He is clearly not the guy that was balling for the second half of last season. So to me its one of two things right now. He is either not a fit for our system, or he played for a contract.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:23 am    Post subject:

36 minutes with 2 points, 7 boards with 1 assist......what a waste of money and cap space this guy is....I like him as person but as BB player he is awful at the moment....
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Deng was a horrible waste of money, it's sad that the Lakers "Braintrust" did NOT notice that this journeyman is average at best and now we are stuck with him until his contract runs out.

World Peace plays with MORE heart and hustle at a fraction of the cost.

Dengs numbers are horrible, you mean to tell me the Lakers couldn't lose by 40 points with MWP starting? (LOL)

Chalk another great signing up to JIMBO...!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

So one can't expect 18 and 9 from a 18 million/year wing? I don't think they're excited about what he is averaging up till now. Either the FO's expectations of him were off, they're mishandling him in the offense, or they don't mind what's going on and they just felt the need to 'spend some money somewhere'. Either way, this seems like another screw up by the FO.

One can, but that says more about that one than it does about Deng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Deng was a horrible waste of money, it's sad that the Lakers "Braintrust" did NOT notice that this journeyman is average at best and now we are stuck with him until his contract runs out.

Dengs numbers are horrible, you mean to tell me the Lakers couldn't lose by 40 points with MWP starting? (LOL)

So are we going to see the same post in every thread? I guess originality isn't your thing.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

I want Deng to succeed as most then any body .. but I would be more then glad to see what he can get via trade even if it's at the cost of trading for another big contract.. something like Deng for Noah.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Seems like Knick fans aren't to high on Noah and Laker fans hate Dengs contract.. seems like a win win trade for both LA and New York.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

So are we going to see the same post in every thread? I guess originality isn't your thing.

The NAMES and details were changed, but I guess COMPREHENSION isn't your thing...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 65 of 157
Jump to: