GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Ugh
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure Laker fans support Deng and want him to succeed but the continusely whining of his contract and play makes me think parting ways will be good for all involved even if it's trading him for no value, I bet these guys read what people say and they really take it to heart.

We need to support our players or the FO needs to trade them.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Per Baxter Holmes:

Quote:
Lakers forward Luol Deng is out indefinitely with a sprained right wrist, the team announced Tuesday before facing the Denver Nuggets at Staples Center. Deng injured his right wrist Sunday against the Detroit Pistons.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Injuries piling up for Luol.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Shut him down until ASB.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject:

Luol Deng Listed As Questionable For Friday’s Game Vs. Pacers

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ✔ @Lakers
Luol Deng (sprained wrist) is currently questionable for Friday's game.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-luol-deng-listed-as-questionable-for-fridays-game-vs-pacers/2017/01/18/
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

Deng is questionable. Sadly sounds like a summation of the year.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Deng is questionable. Sadly sounds like a summation of the year.

I think the play early in the season was adjusting to playing with a youthful team, he's always had to play with veterans, as you can see once he started to know how he can use his game with the team he started to produce more.

Deng will be more helpful to a team like the Clippers or Toronto teams who are in the winning environment.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/luoldeng9/status/826186188650221568

After reading that you guys can go back to complaining about his contract as scheduled.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:55 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

After reading that you guys can go back to complaining about his contract as scheduled.

if you go out to the index, there are other forums where this fits, but this thread is limited to him and basketball related items.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

One of my proudest moments in law school was helping a young man from South Sudan receive asylum. Very very sad history in that country. Just indescribable pain. My client lived 5 years in a squalid refugee camp in Kenya.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

if you go out to the index, there are other forums where this fits, but this thread is limited to him and basketball related items.

Exactly. His story has shaped him into the individual he is today. A individual that every team he has been on has had glowing reviews about as a person, leader, and mentor. All those characteristics stem from a lot of his life experiences.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

One of my proudest moments in law school was helping a young man from South Sudan receive asylum. Very very sad history in that country. Just indescribable pain. My client lived 5 years in a squalid refugee camp in Kenya.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I'm glad you could help him.
Dylandogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject:

And maybe that is why the Laker Front Office gave him that huge contract. They saw the immaturity of our young players last year, but also saw their potential. And felt that adding a consummate professional, a leader, a person who embodies everything they want our young guys to become, would be the most valuable thing they could give our young guys. And they thought it would take more than 2 tears around that type of person for it to rub off. Just a thought.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Exactly. His story has shaped him into the individual he is today. A individual that every team he has been on has had glowing reviews about as a person, leader, and mentor. All those characteristics stem from a lot of his life experiences.

I disagree, the post refers to comments by Deng that were made directly in response to a hot political issue in the country today, lets not pretend he woke up on a random Monday posted his thoughts, and although I do not have strong opinions on the subject, some posters may have experiences and comments from very different angles and perspectives, and it is likely that some would be more welcome than others.....but in the end, none of it is related to basketball.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I actually tried to get in touch with Manute Bol who was also Sudanese. But he was from a rival tribe so he said no thanks.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Terrible job with this one Mitch.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Time for Deng to have a big game.
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

To be fair, Deng wasn't Mitch's first choice. Although Bazemore isn't doing too well right now either.

It's just bad luck IMO. We probably could have had H.Barnes if we waited for KD to make his decision. It's ironic that the year we don't wait for the big fish to make their decision is another year where we miss out on a good signing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

I actually tried to get in touch with Manute Bol who was also Sudanese. But he was from a rival tribe so he said no thanks.

Damn. That's very sad to hear.
It's a shame that even after colonization some people from Africa still see their fellow africans as enemies.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

It's a shame that even after colonization some people from Africa still see their fellow africans as enemies.

Not to get too political, but just seeing the rest of the world through my client's eyes was just so life changing. As an American, I take so many things for granted, like not having my family hunted down for political/tribal affiliations, being moved to a squalid refugee camp for years, etc.

Deng is also from Manute's Dinka tribe. They have some TALL folks in that tribe (though my client was a 6'3 kid too)!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
akk7 wrote:

Not to get too political, but just seeing the rest of the world through my client's eyes was just so life changing. As an American, I take so many things for granted, like not having my family hunted down for political/tribal affiliations, being moved to a squalid refugee camp for years, etc.

Deng is also from Manute's Dinka tribe. They have some TALL folks in that tribe (though my client was a 6'3 kid too)!

For sure. Although I'm not American, I too had a peaceful life (despite all the social problems here in Brazil) and can consider myself real lucky to have a family who gave me love and support all the way. And I'm finishing law school next month
Going to school, eating 3 meals a day, having a house, sleeping on a confortable bed... There are a lot of people in the world who don't know what is this.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:

Terrible is right. Was it Mitch or Jimmy?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

It's hard to believe that Harrison Barnes only makes about 5 million more per year than Deng (both have 4 year deals).

Unfortunately, this is something that is common in pro sports. We saw it with Steve Nash, and it happens all the time. Players will play their asses off in contract years. They'll even hide injuries - Steve Nash played 62 games in the season before us signing him. You just can never really know which players will do what.

That's also why you have to admire athletes who continue to perform, even after getting their guaranteed money.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 66 of 157
Jump to: