GOODBYE LUOL DENG (Deng Bought Out & Stretched, p. 133)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 155, 156, 157  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
So he was gonna push himself this off-season to shut people up next year, pushed himself too hard and tore his pectoral and needed surgery, and now will miss the rest of the off-season.

he is out for rest of the offseason? jesus
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:
So he was gonna push himself this off-season to shut people up next year, pushed himself too hard and tore his pectoral and needed surgery, and now will miss the rest of the off-season.

Saw a report that said he should be fine way before training camp.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

12-16 week (e.g. 3-4 month) recovery timetable depending on whether tendon-tendon or tendon-bone repair. At the earliest, he's ready by early August, he has about a month to get ready for camp. At the latest, he's ready by early September, he has about a week to get ready for camp.

I doubt he will have his body fat down from 15% to 7-8% by camp .
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:47 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

12-16 week (e.g. 3-4 month) recovery timetable depending on whether tendon-tendon or tendon-bone repair. At the earliest, he's ready by early August, he has about a month to get ready for camp. At the latest, he's ready by early September, he has about a week to get ready for camp.

I'm 100% certain he's gonna get traded, even though I would like to see him prove the LA fans wrong, we are gonna need to clear cap space to sign Hayward and other guys on the market.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

can't say Lakers fans aren't dreamers!
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I'm 100% certain he's gonna get traded, even though I would like to see him prove the LA fans wrong, we are gonna need to clear cap space to sign Hayward and other guys on the market.

Who would trade for him though? His contract made him pretty much untradeable before, and this injury makes the impossible even harder.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Who would trade for him though? His contract made him pretty much untradeable before, and this injury makes the impossible even harder.

lakers talk on ESPN mentioned that the Lakers can add assets by making Deng and Mozgov deals more movable.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

lakers talk on ESPN mentioned that the Lakers can add assets by making Deng and Mozgov deals more movable.

I'm sure I will regret asking, but
"...add assets by making Deng and Mozgov deals more movable."
What are you talking about?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I was trying to point that the Lakers can add Nance or Clarkson to make there contracts more enticable, it's been mentioned on podcasts and lakers talk.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I was trying to point that the Lakers can add Nance or Clarkson to make there contracts more enticable, it's been mentioned on podcasts and lakers talk.

Thanks for the 411.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:26 am    Post subject:

Signing Hayward is the biggest pipe I have heard in a long time.
romeo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject:

u guys think miami might be interested in getting deng back? i realize the contracts are no where close in value but if anyone has any idea how this might work go ahead and chime in. their forward depth could need help since the only notable players are james johnson and winslow. tyler johnson and dion waiters have improved and they still have dragic, the odd man out is josh richardson... who is a rfa in 2018 who they probably wont match or mind losing.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:49 am    Post subject:

I think dengs gonna get stretched in the long run. Unless we use an asset, hes very hard to move. Mos on the otherhand is still movable because hes a young starter caliber center. They need to move him asap imo.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject:

Would help if next season Deng didn't show up as the chubbiest skinny dude we've all seen.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:55 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
MJST wrote:

The only way you can move either Deng or Mozgov is if we agree to pay most of their contract. Both those clowns are owed approximately $54 million each. If we agree to pay $30 million of their deals maybe we can move them. Will never happen.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

I could see Deng being moved, especially if a first round draft pick is attached. As much as I dislike how he has underperformed as a Laker, probably the most since Brian Grant was here on a big contract, the team is likely stuck with trying to prove he can play at PF.

The Lakers either: 1. Choose to keep Randle and commit to him long term. Trade Deng, pretty much damn the cost. 2. Choose to keep Deng, and move Randle as part of a package to acquire talent elsewhere on the roster.

The Lakers I think are less worried about Mozgov, thinking he can be serviceable again this season, teaming with Zubac, and then looking to trade or stretch him next year.

Its pretty much one or the other, Deng or Randle.

If Deng does stay, and 2018 is anything like 2017, I will refer to Deng in all my posts as 'deadbeat."
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
I could see Deng being moved, especially if a first round draft pick is attached. As much as I dislike how he has underperformed as a Laker, probably the most since Brian Grant was here on a big contract, the team is likely stuck with trying to prove he can play at PF.

The Lakers either: 1. Choose to keep Randle and commit to him long term. Trade Deng, pretty much damn the cost. 2. Choose to keep Deng, and move Randle as part of a package to acquire talent elsewhere on the roster.

The Lakers I think are less worried about Mozgov, thinking he can be serviceable again this season, teaming with Zubac, and then looking to trade or stretch him next year.

If Deng does stay, and 2018 is anything like 2017, I will refer to Deng in all my posts as 'deadbeat."

crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

No you trade your crap for another team with different crap.

That's why I'm saying trade Deng to N.Y. for Melo. Maybe we have to sweeten it a little but not much. Maybe JC, maybe two 2nds etc.

That's the best way to move his dead contract. Find a team that is desperate to rid themselves of another overpriced talent, one that may be toxic to their culture, but one that has less years than Deng. Hope Melo opts out after one year (likely) or deal with two years in order to get rid of a useless player like Deng for a somewhat useful player in Melo
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject:

I think Toronto is going to tear it down.

Even if that trade happens we will have to put an asset, not Toronto
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

I don't think so, they were bad for so long they cannot go back to tanking so soon, they will try for another 2-3 years. They will probably look to replace Casey, resign lowry nad Ibala and try to flip Valanciunas for a 6th man or another scorer, while playing Ibaka at C, with Nogueira backing him up.. If they do this, the trade someone posted of Caroll for Deng makes sense for them as well

Lowry
DeRozan
Powell
Deng
Ibaka

Knight as a 6th man (trade with Valanciunas)
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

lewis wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

I don't think so, they were bad for so long they cannot go back to tanking so soon, they will try for another 2-3 years. They will probably look to replace Casey, resign lowry nad Ibala and try to flip Valanciunas for a 6th man or another scorer, while playing Ibaka at C, with Nogueira backing him up.. If they do this, the trade someone posted of Caroll for Deng makes sense for them as well

Lowry
DeRozan
Powell
Deng
Ibaka

Knight as a 6th man (trade with Valanciunas)

Deng and Ibaka on the same team? Two of the fastest declining players in the NBA on the same roster?- not a good look for the Raps.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject:

The only place Deng is going to is N.Y. as a good triangle player.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Funny how when FO tries to make moves to keep us "relevant" that it back fires on us for flexibility ala MozDeng. What's the point of a rebuild when you don't even give us any chance for flexibility with those contracts. I get that they needed to put the dollars somewhere but jeez
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Funny how when FO tries to make moves to keep us "relevant" that it back fires on us for flexibility ala MozDeng. What's the point of a rebuild when you don't even give us any chance for flexibility with those contracts. I get that they needed to put the dollars somewhere but jeez

The Mozdeng deals were a desperation move by Jimbo. He had his damn make the playoff's deadline. So he sacrificed our future potential by trying to win a few extra games last season to save his job.

He was not just trying get us to the salary floor with the deals. We could have landed another Hibbert type large short contract if that were the case. No, he overpaid those guys because he needed to make the playoffs in the short term, long term damage be damned.

This is why myself and so many other posters on the board don't want to compound that mistake by trading away our core for the one year rental of Paul George.

We must think long term if we want to do some real damage in the playoffs and that means keeping our core together and leting them grow. In 2018 we should be able to stretch one of the Mozdeng contracts and our core players will be better, so we might actually finally land a good FA and compete for years to come!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

The Mozdeng deals were a desperation move by Jimbo. He had his damn make the playoff's deadline. So he sacrificed our future potential by trying to win a few extra games last season to save his job.

He was not just trying get us to the salary floor with the deals. We could have landed another Hibbert type large short contract if that were the case. No, he overpaid those guys because he needed to make the playoffs in the short term, long term damage be damned.

This is why myself and so many other posters on the board don't want to compound that mistake by trading away our core for the one year rental of Paul George.

We must think long term if we want to do some real damage in the playoffs and that means keeping our core together and leting them grow. In 2018 we should be able to stretch one of the Mozdeng contracts and our core players will be better, so we might actually finally land a good FA and compete for years to come!

Only no one is proposing trading the core for PG. People just making up straw man arguments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 155, 156, 157  Next
Page 77 of 157
Jump to: