OFFICIAL TIMOFEY MOZGOV THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
For whatever stupid reason fans hate on Mozgov I will never understand.

Well BOB, it seems like there are a half dozen people here TRYING to make you understand, but you choose to argue!

While I get your point about Zubac PERHAPS not being ready to start 82 games next year, but did you read up on MozGoof before you began defending him so vehemently?

Well let me tell you Bob; In his (7) years in the NBA, MozGoof has NEVER started all 82 games, he did start in 80 one year, and if you had looked at the numbers BOB, MozGoof has ONLY started an average of 37 Games a year! And if you exclude his 80-start season, he has ONLY averaged starting 30 games over the remaining 6 years!

Here's another number Bob; during his stellar career, MozGoof has only averaged 18 minutes per game and this season with the Lakers was at 21mpg. Now before you start getting all excited about a whopping 3 mpg improvement, let's look at the a few of the other centers from YOUR list and the number of minutes they are able to CONTRIBUTE to their team:
Tyson Chander: 27.6 mpg
Vucevic: 28.8 mpg
Gortat: 31.2 mpg

You see Bob, you seem to be ONLY focused on the money, and NOT the Minutes Played and that is the reason your are "mis-focused"...

As others have tried to point out to you, the money is not the real problem (Lakers have lots of money and don't mind spending it) the problem is that the goof in the middle that they spent it on can't stay healthy enough to play an entire season, and cannot play EFFECTIVELY and EFFICIENTLY at his position much more than 40% of the total minutes of any given game! Meaning the Lakers have to have other players to play center the other 60% of the game and for the money MozGoof is being paid, he ought to be playing 70% of each game!

Hope that helps you understand Bob, that these are not STUPID reasons, they are real and they are fantastic (little Seinfeld humor there) reasons!

This is just complete false.

I don't think health has ever been in question with Moz, although I may be mistaken...

I think its just been whatever team hes been on at the time has had someone they prefer to start at center over him. Previous example was Tristan Thompson on the cavs.

I'm sure he would love to play a lot more minutes. The coach we have decides to play small even when we are getting killed on the boards and by other teams big guys. Cmon man this is a terrible rebuttle nt though.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject:

That Mozgoof (bleep) makes it hard to read.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Honestly both mozgov and Deng still have some game left. They just deserve about half of what they r making

The most sensible response regarding Mozgov and Deng^^^... The only thing legitimate about Mozgov is that he is 7ft tall. He has terrible hands, slow feet, prone to fouls and can't defend the rim. In regards to Deng, he never really wanted to be here in the first place. We over paid him and he took the money and ran err sat -- he's not stupid. Dude...skipped his exit interview, he claimed he couldn't adjust to Luke's offense. Deng Dang and his smug personality came into camp nicked up which led to him being out of shape. He's definitely one of the players Magic and Pelinko were referring to -- "if you're not on the same page, this isn't the place for you". This was Jimmy and Mitch's last parting gift to the Lakers, they really did a disservice to these two players -- offering them too much money for them not to resist hoping to save their own jobs.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

At this point I truly believe Bob is a member of Mozgof family. Probably his brother or something. There's no other logical explanation why someone who would defend such a useless human being who is even more useless due to his salary. An absolute useless human being and waste of life of an NBA player. At this point he is probably the worst player in the NBA. Actually I'm pretty confident in that. When you consider all criteria including salary is there really a more useless person than Mozgof? Real talk.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
At this point I truly believe Bob is a member of Mozgof family. Probably his brother or something. There's no other logical explanation why someone who would defend such a useless human being who is even more useless due to his salary. An absolute useless human being and waste of life of an NBA player. At this point he is probably the worst player in the NBA. Actually I'm pretty confident in that. When you consider all criteria including salary is there really a more useless person than Mozgof? Real talk.

thats taking too far. you don't even know him to have that opinion.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Human being as it relates to playing professional basketball. I'm sure as a human living on Earth he is a passable human. This is a Lakers forum so all context is how he relates to the Lakers and that is unquestionably he is useless
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Watching season highlights from several players, Mozgov is actually a good fastbreak center. Starters used to play a more controlled and paced game, but he is running down the floor in a few highlights finishing it strong. It is another weapon we can use drafting Ball.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Watching season highlights from several players, Mozgov is actually a good fastbreak center. Starters used to play a more controlled and paced game, but he is running down the floor in a few highlights finishing it strong. It is another weapon we can use drafting Ball.

from what my UCLA friends tell me about Ball....he should be able to turn Mozgov into a 1st team All NBA player
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:

I think you are right, I laid out very concise FACTs and his first statement was that it was "False"..

I'm done with Bob, you can lead a horse to water, but can't make him think, err I mean drink...
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Still hate that contract.

Why, it isn't your money. And the Lakers still have cap space left. That makes no sense at all.

Glad we were able to fill a hole in our roster with a guy who is good at some of the offensive and defensive skills that Luke will ask from him. He should be a very good fit.

Irrelevant if it is "my" money. It is the money of my franchise and there are other useful ways to utilize​ that kind of funds so when my management is irresponsible I can point that out so that it is known that other cost affordable options were available
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
He's one of the worst posters on this board, and that's frankly saying something.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
zePokar wrote:
He's one of the worst posters on this board, and that's frankly saying something.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=181447
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:33 am    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:

This is honestly shameful talk. An absolute useless human being ? Maybe you need to relax. Honestly this page of this thread is something I'd expect to read on youtube or facebook.

Blame the people who have offered him that contract instead.
Mustaine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject:

We need to get ride of Mozgov. He doesn't care about Lakers, he doesn't care if we lose or win. He can't be here.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 am    Post subject:

You guys need to separate the Mozgov the $alary and Mozgov the player. $alary sucks but Mozgov is a good player, one of the best bench C that is starting capable if need to. The insult you guys throwing at him are uncalled for
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Spurs could make moz relevant.

Jc/moz-?

They need a manu stop gap and jc could fill that role.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Spurs could make moz relevant.

Jc/moz-?

They need a manu stop gap and jc could fill that role.

That's 28 million a year for the next 3 seasons. I'm pretty sure unless you are Leonard or Aldridge, that's not really the Spurs way. Their previous Big 3 all took Target bargain bin prices to remain with the Spurs.

But Yes, Pop would make Moz look good and JC a fringe All-Star.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

Pop would make it work but trust me Spurs aren't taking on that contract.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:

If that's the case and POP would make it work. We must ask the question.

Why would he be able to make it work and Luke and the Lakers cant?

I don't think one answer is correct but a combination of things...

Pop Values players with high BBALL IQ, and fundamentals. Basically ultimate team ball.

Pop makes a lot of players that most teams pass on look really good. And IMO those players were already good and fundamentally skilled, just not put in a position to succeed or playing with teammates that don't fit into a team basketball concept..

More than Athelitiscm more than talent, you need players who know how to play the game and make the right play, understand there role. As pop puts it "players who have gotten over themselves".

Mozgov's job isn't to score 20 and 10. His job is to set great screens, finish at the rim, make good passes, play hard on D every possession. Which imo at the center position he does an excellent job at relative to most.

He could score 20 and 10 on a given night but that's because that's what the game dictated. From game to game it should be different players contributing or having "career nights" because that is what team is all about.

despite what a lot of laker fans think. Mozgov can be a great center on a team that has adopted this philosophy.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Moz is a very good backup Center, IMO. He a big guy most team would
most likely want.

The issue with him is salary. But I think that is on the prior Laker FO
not on Moz...

What will happen with him the following season is hard to tell but
hopefully we find a way to get the most for our money; that could be with an unlikely trade or playing him the right way.

At some point we will have to stop P&M about what we can't change and
start discussing what we can and/or how we should play with the chips we have.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Pop Values players with high BBALL IQ, and fundamentals. Basically ultimate team ball.

Pop makes a lot of players that most teams pass on look really good. And IMO those players were already good and fundamentally skilled, just not put in a position to succeed or playing with teammates that don't fit into a team basketball concept..

More than Athelitiscm more than talent, you need players who know how to play the game and make the right play, understand there role. As pop puts it "players who have gotten over themselves".

Mozgov's job isn't to score 20 and 10. His job is to set great screens, finish at the rim, make good passes, play hard on D every possession. Which imo at the center position he does an excellent job at relative to most.

He could score 20 and 10 on a given night but that's because that's what the game dictated. From game to game it should be different players contributing or having "career nights" because that is what team is all about.

despite what a lot of laker fans think. Mozgov can be a great center on a team that has adopted this philosophy.

Spurs can get players like West to sign for the minimum. I mean Pop would make it work but they woudn't have signed Mozgov at that price or for that long in the first place. I'am not saying Mozgov is terrible, just saying he's not worth that contract. Luke will make good use of him too, but as soon as next summer and if Zubac develops well he's gonna become a redudent and overpaid piece that's hard to move.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Moz is a very good backup Center, IMO. He a big guy most team would
most likely want.

The issue with him is salary. But I think that is on the prior Laker FO
not on Moz...

What will happen with him the following season is hard to tell but
hopefully we find a way to get the most for our money; that could be with an unlikely trade or playing him the right way.

At some point we will have to stop P&M about what we can't change and
start discussing what we can and/or how we should play with the chips we have.

Is it really though? I think a lot posters haven pointed out that "we are the Lakers we can spend whatever and if need be we can cut him, waive etc."

Remember that Pistons waiving josh Smith with that huge contract?

Unless the lakers have found a replacement at Center, why should they let Moz go?

IMO this is the only point worth arguing. Can Zubac, next season step into a starting center role, 82 games, matching up against guys like Cousins, Gasol, Deandre, Gobert?

My answer is probably no. But its debatable I guess.

is the money a little much? Yes.

But if you look at his contract relative to other starting Centers in the NBA it makes sense.

We were not going to get a high quality "all star type center" being the worst team in the NBA. We had to overspend but not by much relative to what other centers contracts are like, in order to bring any type of center worth starting onto our team.

IMO Mozgov is on the same tier as players like. Adams, Kanter, Tyson, Capela, Gortat, Robin Lopez, Vucevic

All of them have there strength and weakness. But what they all have in common are pretty large contracts relative to what people see in there production, stats wise.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Spurs can get players like West to sign for the minimum. I mean Pop would make it work but they woudn't have signed Mozgov at that price or for that long in the first place. I'am not saying Mozgov is terrible, just saying he's not worth that contract. Luke will make good use of him too, but as soon as next summer and if Zubac develops well he's gonna become a redudent and overpaid piece that's hard to move.

Because they are a championship level team. Lakers had to overspend to get any FA period at that point.

Pachulia went to the warriors because he was guaranteed starter.

Dwayne Dedmon was an excellent pickup for the Spurs and we probably could have had him on a pretty good deal if we wanted. but he was more unknown.

really other than that every other average center is overpaid. We are not the only team that has an overpriced center.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject:

BobbyB wrote:
zePokar wrote:
BobbyB wrote:
zePokar wrote:

Because they are a championship level team. Lakers had to overspend to get any FA period at that point.

Pachulia went to the warriors because he was guaranteed starter.

Dwayne Dedmon was an excellent pickup for the Spurs and we probably could have had him on a pretty good deal if we wanted. but he was more unknown.

really other than that every other average center is overpaid. We are not the only team that has an overpriced center.

I agree, just saying why the Spurs woudn't want that contract.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
zePokar wrote:

And one that has forgotten more about the NBA than you will ever know, I can see how that might be confusing to some who would rather try and attack me rather than voice an actual fact-driven opinion..tux! LOL
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 69 of 73
Jump to: