Can this team as currently assembled win 41 games?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dlofan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Just firing Byron Scott and hiring a coach that will get the ball in DLO's hands will net 30 more wins. When you have a rare player who has ice in his veins, you ride him. Net result 30 more wins. Total wins (17+30) 47 wins.

Then you factor in the improvements of Clarkson, Nance and Randle = 10 more wins. Net result 57 wins

Then add in Mosgov and Deng who will do the dirty work that all winners need= 7 more wins. Net result 64 wins

Then add in the rookies like Ingram and Zubac = 3 wins. Net result 67 wins

Then take a closer look at the Warriors. Chemistry issues, only having 1 basketball for all their scorers, loosing Luke Walton, no rim protector....All that adds up to a net loss of 7 or 8 wins.

In conclusion Lakers will be the Pacific Division champs for the 2016-17 season. Lakers: 67-15, Warriors 65 or 66 wins and 17 or 16 losses

Last edited by dlofan on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject:

krisobe wrote:
Dream scenario for next season. we go 41-41. Miss the 8th seed by a tie-breaker. Get #1 pick with a 1.5% chance because the Bball Gods are on our side again. Dlo wins most improved. Ingram ROY. Lou Will 6th Man of year. Luke Coach of the year .. 17 wins to 41 wins in one season. We draft Josh Jackson.

DLO
Jackson
Ingram
Randle
Zubac

Clarkson
Nance

Hahahaaaaa...... A top 3 pick again is already very fine to me😄

young studs.
delric
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject:

I have trouble understanding why anyone would think there is any possibility (barring injuries) of this team winning less than 25 games next year. Most preseason predictions from the "experts" was 25-30 wins, and with an average coach that's probably where they should have ended up.

Mozgov and Deng are improvements over last year and I expect 30-35 wins before figuring in coaching and young player improvement. I think 41 games is a definite possibility.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

41 wins is probably asking a bit much. But I think this team was really a 22+ win team last year without Scott or KFT. It's not impossible to think they can improve on that by 10 games (32) though that would be impressive.

Other than health, I think strong development by Randle on both sides of the ball is the factor that could have the single biggest impact on our win total this season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject:

To help guess, we need to look at our competition.

Hmm. 41 wins would be about 8th through 10th place in the west right? Vegas has us tied for 2nd to last place in the west with Denver and Sac. With Pho being last place and Dallas being right above us. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

If Vegas' odds are accurate and excluding the possibilities of injuries, we'd have to jump over Dallas and New Orleans to be top 10. And jump Houston and Utah to be top 8.

Top 7 are:
GS
SA
Clips
OKC
Memphis
Minn (can't believe they're this high. People must be betting on them)
Portland

Bottom 8 are:
Utah
Houston
New Orleans
Dallas
Lakers
Denver
Sac
Pho

Can we be better than Pho, Sac, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans? Possible. Can't believe Dallas is this low. Coach always has the Mavs overachieving.

If we can get the concepts down in training camp, I'd say we can hit ~41 wins. But most likely, we won't be running on all cylinders till later on. I'd love 41. But the 30s seem realistic. But I'm rooting for 40s.

GO LAKERS!!!
staticaa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject:

Lol. We better be a 500 team
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

25-32 wins with 32 being that they are playing out of their minds. Talent is not there yet to compete with the other teams to win more than 30.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

delric wrote:

Mozgov and Deng are improvements over last year and I expect 30-35 wins before figuring in coaching and young player improvement. I think 41 games is a definite possibility.

You can't look at our improvements in a vacuum.

The Lakers have improved, but so has almost every team in the West except Dallas.

Right now I have the Lakers as the worst team in the West. That doesn't mean we won't be significantly better than last year.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject:

dlofan wrote:
Just firing Byron Scott and hiring a coach that will get the ball in DLO's hands will net 30 more wins. When you have a rare player who has ice in his veins, you ride him. Net result 30 more wins. Total wins (17+30) 47 wins.

Then you factor in the improvements of Clarkson, Nance and Randle = 10 more wins. Net result 57 wins

Then add in Mosgov and Deng who will do the dirty work that all winners need= 7 more wins. Net result 64 wins

Then take a closer look at the Warriors. Chemistry issues, only having 1 basketball for all their scorers, loosing Luke Walton, no rim protector....All that adds up to a net loss of 7 or 8 wins.

In conclusion Lakers will be the Pacific Division champs for the 2016-17 season. Lakers: 67-15, Warriors 65 or 66 wins and 17 or 16 losses

Looking like a pretty accurate prediction!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Seriously? We'll win 41 games by christmas
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

the models also need to take into account that we'll actually improve during the season. It's pretty easy to lose when you run the same play over and over... and over and over again. It's demoralizing to the players and then you had the coach badmouthing the players after the game...

The 2nd half of the season, we should be very competitive as adjustments and improvements kick in, so our win/loss rate should skew higher as the season goes on - unless we play like... 20 games in a row against GS, Cleveland, etc
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:36 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
the models also need to take into account that we'll actually improve during the season. It's pretty easy to lose when you run the same play over and over... and over and over again. It's demoralizing to the players and then you had the coach badmouthing the players after the game...

The 2nd half of the season, we should be very competitive as adjustments and improvements kick in, so our win/loss rate should skew higher as the season goes on - unless we play like... 20 games in a row against GS, Cleveland, etc

Not giving Ryno Kelly or Sacre major burn should help also.
yohanone
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

I hope I'm not paraphrasing anybody but player development and the way we utilize our veterans to not interrupt it will be vital... Byron was horrible at that and everybody knew it.

Since Luke Walton is a player's coach unlike Scott, I sense the players will feel more motivated to play the game with more heart. I sense a 34-48. If D'Lo starts to go into his breakout season and our rookies+vets absolutely flourish in Luke's system, then maybe a 43 win season at best.

This season better be good and have no reminiscent of all the drama we had last year. lol
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

41 would be tough, but possible.
I think they at worst a 30-win team and probably, if things break well a 40-win team.
I'm going to split the difference and say 35.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

My 2 cents

Out west the only team we have a chance of sweeping a season series against are the Suns and we can probably beat sac and dal 3 out of 4. Out east we can probably sweep Brooklyn and Philly. We will probably tie or lose every other season series and may only win 1-2 games vs GS/SA/LAC combined. Absolutely no way we win half of our games and get to 41 wins.

Honestly, 30 games is a pretty aggressive goal....we are better, but we are still pretty bad particularly defensively.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject:

With the way Ingram and Russell have looked I would say that we should be well on a way for a +20 wins
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I think we're going to do great this season.

Lakers are slowly getting rid of the cancerous personalities and we're finally free from the sideshow KFT. I think these guys are really going to surprise us.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject:

dlofan wrote:

There's a sticky’d thread top of the lounge.....let me introduce you to our friend Omar.....

LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject:

The team is young, talented, and will improve collectively and we will grow up with them and it will also be exciting to see what superstar they add next year to continue getting better
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
25-32 wins with 32 being that they are playing out of their minds. Talent is not there yet to compete with the other teams to win more than 30.

I believe the talent is there but not the experience. I feel like there's going to be a lot of growing pains ahead but I do see progression. 25-28 wins is what I predict.
13thOverallPick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Ask the Avengers, they didn't have it all at once. They failed all together at first, but got up again together. Ala Miami and Cavs.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject:

dlofan wrote:

I hope you are right. I don't think it will happen. I would be ecstatic with 40+ wins. I expect 35 wins.

--Anonymous
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Hmm. 41 wins would be about 8th through 10th place in the west right? Vegas has us tied for 2nd to last place in the west with Denver and Sac. With Pho being last place and Dallas being right above us. http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/futures/

If Vegas' odds are accurate and excluding the possibilities of injuries, we'd have to jump over Dallas and New Orleans to be top 10. And jump Houston and Utah to be top 8.

Top 7 are:
GS
SA
Clips
OKC
Memphis
Portland

Bottom 8 are:
Utah
Houston
New Orleans
Dallas
Lakers
Denver
Sac
Pho

Can we be better than Pho, Sac, Denver, Dallas, New Orleans? Possible. Can't believe Dallas is this low. Coach always has the Mavs overachieving.

If we can get the concepts down in training camp, I'd say we can hit ~41 wins. But most likely, we won't be running on all cylinders till later on. I'd love 41. But the 30s seem realistic. But I'm rooting for 40s.

GO LAKERS!!!

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers
46-36 5th (2nd West)

Russell . Calderón . Huertas
Clarkson . Williams
Luol Deng . Ingram . Brown
Randle . Nance . Auguste
Timofey Mozgov . Black . Zubac

OKC, Minn, and Utah seem to be the primary rivals for that 8th spot.
It will depend on how Deng and Mosgov integrate with the young players.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

Top 7 are:
GS
SA
Clips
OKC
Memphis
Portland

Bottom 8 are:
Utah
Houston
New Orleans
Dallas
Lakers
Denver
Sac
Pho

GO LAKERS!!!

2016-17 Los Angeles Lakers
46-36 5th (2nd West)

Russell . Calderón . Huertas
Clarkson . Williams
Luol Deng . Ingram . Brown
Randle . Nance . Auguste
Timofey Mozgov . Black . Zubac

OKC, Minn, and Utah seem to be the primary rivals for that 8th spot.
It will depend on how Deng and Mosgov integrate with the young players.

Utah is gonna be way better then a 8th seed team, unless they have injuries, it's likely gonna come down to Minnesota and LA for the 8th spot.
LakerFan1977
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject:

With all the speculation there is a sense of unknown because we really have no idea how good they are going to be when they all play together, of all the teams in the West I would say that we have one of the most unknown rosters because none of them have played together or played without the shots that Kobe used to take
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11
Jump to: