You be the GM!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Trade Odom to Minny for Davis and Banks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Would any of you guys keep Von Wafer or Green?
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

VonWafer&KobeBryantFa wrote:

Okay, so at that point, Mihm (who's injured) is our leading rebounder at around 7 per game?

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
VonWafer&KobeBryantFa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Okay, so at that point, Mihm (who's injured) is our leading rebounder at around 7 per game?

We can adjust and maybe if worse comes to worse Turiaf would have to play
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

So game in Indy w/Odom we were outrebounded 55-43
Next game w/o Odom, we outrebounded Charlotte 46-39.
Next game w/o Odom we were even 40-40
Against Dallas w/Odom again, outrebounded 47-35.

I'll let those stats speak for themselves.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I would listen to all trade talks that don't include Kobe. Though I seriously doubt that Odom or Bynum would go in any deal that didn't include a franchise type player(KG, or someone of that magnitude.)

I would hope that I could make a deal with a team trying to cut payroll, and package up George and Slava(8 million coming off the books with both), and another player. Of course the better the player they are package with the better the return....... in theory.

I would like to bring in a PG to start, and move Smush to coming off the bench, to give us Bench scoring.

Players

Kobe - Untouchable

Odom - Touchable for a Franchise player, that would fit us.

Smush - would consider moving

Mihm - really don't want to move, but he would not be a trade blocker.

Cook - Love his O, and hate his D. I see a place with us as a bench
player, but due to his D being terrible at times, I have no problem moving him.

George - Good D presence, but he has peaked as a player, wouldn't mind keeping him, if I can't find a suitable deal.

Brown - I just wish the light would come on all tools, no heart, or brains, ........ I would keep him, unless I could trick someone else like Washington did us.

Walton - BYE!

Sasha - I have no problem with him and seeing how he develops further, but if his salary is needed or is asked for, he has to go.

Wafer - would like to keep him to see if he can develop for us.... but there is usually a few Wafers in each draft(guys that can score easily, but struggle with other parts of the game.... hell there a bunch down the street at the park right now.)

Green - He can go, I have no issues with keeping or getting rid of him.

Slava - BYE!

Bynum - not going anywhere unless a Franchise player that fits us is available.

Mckie - I like his veteran presnence on the squad.... then again he hasn't brought anything else..... though I see him as a hard sell for us to get rid of

Turiaf - love what he has over come, not sure what he will give us yet, and considering his medical condition, no team would be willing to touch at this point anyways... so keep him.

If no moves are made, I would change the starting line up to (yeah I know I'm stepping past GM to coach)

C- Mihm
PF - Lamar
SF - George
SG - Kobe
PG - Smush

Lamar would still run the show, but adjustments would be added to the triangle to get him more on the blocks, so we can utilize some of his better talents.

As for the bench; Kwame, Cook, and Bynum would have it out in practice over the big man minutes.

Then at the end of the day I would logon to Lakers ground and read all my hate mail from the Laker nation and see rediculous trade threads that end with.

DO IT MIKE!!!!

or

MIKE, DO IT!!!!

Or some variation of that.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
Goal number 1: get Kwame off my team

Goal number 2: trade Odom IF you can get either: 2 or 3 damn good role players (maybe Chicago guys like Duhon and Deng) or a superior talent (Pierce). If these moves not possible, I would not dump Lamar.

Goal number 3: get a freakin' PG (hopefully this could be accomplished through options 1 and 2 above)

Best sleeper trade:
Consider making a move for Nene and Watson. This would blow the 2007 plan (oh no!) unless we moved Odom

This move I like. Filling up 2 holes with 1 move. Nene's value would be low right now while Watson is available. Unfortunately, trying to trade for Nene & Watson may involve Mihm (+ filler). I don't think Denver will accept Kwame for those 2. Now this is the hard part, would we be willing to trade Mihm for Nene/Watson considering Mihm's development? IMO we do that move, we might lose any playoff chance (as little as it is) that we have this year. With that in mind, I'd still do that trade. Why? It makes us better in the long run. Defensive upgrade at post & perimeter, offensive upgrade at the perimeter plus we'll get a true PG. We'll take a hit with Mihm's offensive production and his triangle experience.

For my own trade, although I don't think we could make a move right now which could help us long term, I'd definitely exhaust all means to get a capable 2nd option. Flip Murray fits the bill. He'll fill out what the team has been missing since Laron went down, and more.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

So game in Indy w/Odom we were outrebounded 55-43
Next game w/o Odom, we outrebounded Charlotte 46-39.
Next game w/o Odom we were even 40-40
Against Dallas w/Odom again, outrebounded 47-35.

I'll let those stats speak for themselves.

Okay, but look at the teams you are comparing:

Indiana - Without Odom, that statistic could've been worse the way the Lakers played. 5th seed in the East (similar record to the Lakers).

Charlotte (without Omeka Okafur) has Gerald Wallace (small forward) as the leading rebounder @ 7 rebounds per game (I wonder why we outrebounded them)? They're one of the bottom feeders of the league.

New Orleans, we stayed even on the boards, w/ a team playing PJ Brown as their Center and they beat us to take the 7th spot in the west?

Dallas - Dampier, Nowitzki and Josh Howard average more boards than Kwame and Mihm (individually speaking). Again, the numbers probably would've been worse if Odom didn't play.

Okay, so now that you've given your 4 game example on our losing streak, how about giving some reasons as to who would step up in the rebounding department if we traded L.O. for Davis/Banks? And also, why and how?

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Lionel The Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject:

I would use the mid level exception on a player that actually has a pulse. Vlade and Mckie aint gonna get it done. Quit signing players that start for us but are out of the league once they leave the Lakers.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:

Odom - Touchable for a Franchise player, that would fit us.

We have a franchise player, and WHO THE HELL is going to get rid of theirs for LO. We can pick up either 2 solid role guys or one stud and 1 role guy for LO's $$$$$$$$. We lack playerS. LO isnt good enough to make up for others weakness' b/c he has so many. So lets get a couple of guys if we cant get an RLEWIS type for him
kups
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Panthas wrote:

I would. We shouldn't give up young talent this early.
#2 Lonzo
#28 Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Deonte Burton
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
Panthas wrote:

I would. We shouldn't give up young talent this early.

Hmmm?
Bradyda-LeSueur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

GM eh???

Trades:

Odom for Pierce
Wafer for picks
Green for Picks
2 2nd Rounders, Slava, and McKie for Pollard and Jones
3 or 4 2nd Rounders for Lottery Pick (NYK, ORL, TOR, CHA, ALT???)
KB54 and a person for Okafor???

Sign:

Spree
Davis (if bought out)
P.J. for like 2 more years

06' Draft

Gay or Reddick

Let it go...if I needed to...would trade during the off-season or deadline next year...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
bounty wrote:
Has anyone seen JJohnson play? he has and can excel at the 1. He is big, can stroke and d's up. PJ would love him. as far as his contract. We are overpaying LO, Kwame. JJ gives you things this team sorely needs. Imagine he and kobe in the back court. also JJ proved to excel playing next to stars in Phoenix. Atlanta hasnt done what they had hoped. they have youth, maybe they like LO b/c he wont get in the way of the guys developing.

RLEWIS-Another great fit next to kobe. plays lights out in the post, can hit from range. Defensive is better than LO, young.

i keep hearing LO has value. well, here ya go.

Bounty I generally agree with your take on JJ's strengths and weaknesses,
except each to a lesser degree of optimisim.

I've mentioned before on here that my best bud is a huge Suns fan, and
I end up watching almost every Suns game for the last two years, along
with those this year.

I've seen him play quite alot. His 48% 3pt FG% last year was a product
both of his shooting ability, and of the Suns' style of play, floor-spacing
and Steve Nash being Steve Nash.

You'll notice that Raja Bell is in the 3-point competition this year. His first
year with the Suns. Q-Rich was in the 3-point competition when he played
for the Suns, and won't make it now that he's off the squad. Noticing the
pattern here?

JJ is still an excellent player, make no mistake about it. But he's not worth
max money, which you've likely heard MANY people saying when he was
signed.

That said, he's not DRASTICALLY overpaid either. He's pretty darned
close to being worth the max-contract he's on. He wouldn't be a terrible
fit for us, just not the piece to put us over the top.

We need a big to balance out Kobe far more than we need another SG
to stick into a PG role and hope we can forget about our lacking interior
presence.

Bottom Line: The Hawks fired a member of their core braintrust
over an internal argument through a court hearing JUST to get their hands
on Joe Johnson. Belkin (the aforementioned individual), like most in the
league, didn't think JJ was worth max money. They also gave up two
1st-round draft picks
just to get JJ in a sign-and-trade.

From a pure PR standpoint, after all that fight and sacrafice to get him,
there is simply no way they would give him to us for anything other than
Kobe Bean Bryant - which clearly would be lopsided in all the wrong ways.

Given JJ's salary and position, I wouldn't give LO for him anyways. But
even if that's what you want (and we all know ya hate LO) ...the fact
is if he's gonna be available, they'll have to wait at least another year
before they can survive publicly going back on all that went into their
decision to obtain him.

so you're saying theres a chance

Sure, just not soon.

Earliest the Hawks could possibly move him without a PR nightmare would
be probably the 2007 summer, or just before next-year's trade-deadline.

And again I'd reiterate that if we bring in a max-contract player, via trade
or FA - either way - it shouldn't be another 2-guard. I'd like a PF or C
ideally.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
I also would have kept Gary Payton once he re-upped. Half of our problems are concerning the way the organization did him wrong in that trade to Boston.

Huh????? Exactly WHAT problems were caused by us trading him to Boston other than his jackass screwing of the original deal???? Despite what that unprofessional moron did, we still netted Mihm in the deal for a broken down full-of-himself hasbeen who tanked on Boston at the end of last year and is just a barely respectable backup this year.

I HATE PAYTON and I truly hope he rots in hell for screwing us in that deal.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Trade Lamar Odom for Steve Francis.
lakers_less_340+
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject:

tgf5 wrote:
I think Mitch put this team in a hole wasting the MLE. I would have signed Sprewell regardless of how much of a cancer he can be. He's had good seasons and bad seasons. People were assuming bad season immediately, most anyways, if we got him. Well look at where we are with McKie.

Would have traded Luke Walton immediately after the 2004 Finals, because he was excellent trade bait then, until we decided to give him an extension.

Look at some other players for 10 day contracts (Well, Maurice Carter and Ime Udoka didn't work well) but some guys with actual NBA experience. Should have pushed for Marcus Banks and Paul Pierce if we never got Sprewell. Etc..

In case you forgot, teams offered Spree 5 mil and he said he would not play for that amount basically saying it would be beneath him and an insult.
topramen78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I think bounty is the worst GM I might have ever seen. lol.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject:

kups wrote:
Vlade wrote:
Goal number 1: get Kwame off my team

Goal number 2: trade Odom IF you can get either: 2 or 3 damn good role players (maybe Chicago guys like Duhon and Deng) or a superior talent (Pierce). If these moves not possible, I would not dump Lamar.

Goal number 3: get a freakin' PG (hopefully this could be accomplished through options 1 and 2 above)

Best sleeper trade:
Consider making a move for Nene and Watson. This would blow the 2007 plan (oh no!) unless we moved Odom

This move I like. Filling up 2 holes with 1 move. Nene's value would be low right now while Watson is available. Unfortunately, trying to trade for Nene & Watson may involve Mihm (+ filler). I don't think Denver will accept Kwame for those 2. Now this is the hard part, would we be willing to trade Mihm for Nene/Watson considering Mihm's development? IMO we do that move, we might lose any playoff chance (as little as it is) that we have this year. With that in mind, I'd still do that trade. Why? It makes us better in the long run. Defensive upgrade at post & perimeter, offensive upgrade at the perimeter plus we'll get a true PG. We'll take a hit with Mihm's offensive production and his triangle experience.

For my own trade, although I don't think we could make a move right now which could help us long term, I'd definitely exhaust all means to get a capable 2nd option. Flip Murray fits the bill. He'll fill out what the team has been missing since Laron went down, and more.

You know we might just be able to pull this off with Kwame, George, Slava and a pick. Getting Nene would be a great move for the future so long as he recovers fully, and Eal Watson, though perhaps overpaid a bit, is just what this team needs at PG.

One more thing... you know how Harrison Ford told the bad guy in Air Force One, "Get off my plane"... well here's Vlade to Lamar Odom: "Get off my team!"
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Lionel The Laker wrote:
I would use the mid level exception on a player that actually has a pulse. Vlade and Mckie aint gonna get it done. Quit signing players that start for us but are out of the league once they leave the Lakers.

The coming summer, heck, starting today I would have Kobe on the phone with Eddie Jones eveyday and talk him into coming back next season for the MLE. Eddie would play the role of Harper and immediately improve our perimeter defense.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

DocK36 wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:

The coming summer, heck, starting today I would have Kobe on the phone with Eddie Jones eveyday and talk him into coming back next season for the MLE. Eddie would play the role of Harper and immediately improve our perimeter defense.

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Although Eddie doesn't quite have the handles to do everything that Harper did, he could instead play the SF position for us, give us awesome D and pretty good outside shooting. This would be a great MLE signing!
RCOinCR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

Untouchable - Kobe, Bynum , LO , Smush & Kwame for at least this season, his low post def is too valuable to give up. I would only move Mihm with filler before the trade line for a starting point guard who can shoot the rock and a bench big. Slava, Sasha, Cook , George , Walton, Wafer and Green are all filler and can all be moved for other bench filler. A high energy rebounder, a shooter , and a small guard who can defend would be nice.

I know this squad won't win a title but may could end up in the WCF if we can get some good roll players to fill out our bench. I would let the core group of Mihm, Brown, Bynum, LO, Parker and KB play together for a year before I considering moving them. They are improving all year and have bought into Phil's system. I would only consider moving LO in a package for a franchise big, his rebounding totals MUST to be replaced if you move him. If we can't land a franchise big I would roll with our current squad till the 2007 plan come into play. The Lakers Org knows how to build championship teams.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject:

LO for Steve Fran.

Frankly... it's the only realistic trade for a scorer for LO we could potentially do. Also, like it or not... SF is both the most deep position we have and the easiest position for the lakers to patch with D.G. (Sprewell/Kobe SG/SF combo could work and in worst case senario a D.G. Kobe combo has worked).

So yeah I'd trade Lo for Steve Fran.
Make a run at Sprewell with the 2.5 mil - and possibly some verbal promises.

I'd try and trade Slava for anything... like the 2nd rounder of the spurs/pistons would be of ideal value, and that'd be it.

Franchise
Kobe
DG/Spree rotation
Cook/Kwame
Mihm
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
DocK36 wrote:
Lionel The Laker wrote:

Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Although Eddie doesn't quite have the handles to do everything that Harper did, he could instead play the SF position for us, give us awesome D and pretty good outside shooting. This would be a great MLE signing!

I'm all for that ish! Do it!...Wait, Eddie's a free agent this summer?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: