Pokemon GO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:53 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
It's great to see young people getting out and enjoying life, but I don't consider walking exercising. I saw a kid about 15 or so playing the game but he was eating a ice cream sandwich while playing.

If you really want to get into great shape start eating healthy foods, running, and lift weights. Pokeman Go won't make much of a difference.

No one plays Pokemon Go to get in to great shape. That's not even the point of the game.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
It's great to see young people getting out and enjoying life, but I don't consider walking exercising. I saw a kid about 15 or so playing the game but he was eating a ice cream sandwich while playing.

If you really want to get into great shape start eating healthy foods, running, and lift weights. Pokeman Go won't make much of a difference.

Millions of Fitbit wearers would strongly disagree with that opinion. Myself included.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 am    Post subject:

When worlds collide:

Quote:
Est. 1985 @TheGiddinge
I hope @nflcommish gets hit by a bus playing pokermon go. Feel like it's possible. #PokemonGO #nfl #freebrady #FreeSlurpeeDay
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:04 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

No one plays Pokemon Go to get in to great shape. That's not even the point of the game.

Sure, it gets people outside but are they really "outside"? They're faces are still glued to the god damned phone.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Sure, it gets people outside but are they really "outside"? They're faces are still glued to the god damned phone.

Yes, they are sucking down fresh air from the outdoors instead of indoor air which is usually more polluted.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I just want a Charmander and a Charizard, that's all I want. I wouldn't even catch any other Pokemon.

Well, maybe a Squirtle. But I wouldn't evolve it!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Lmao at walking is not exercise.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

After doing some research on how this game works, I've concluded that it's one of the DUMBEST things to come out.....ever. Let's say your in beautiful Los Angeles trying to find one of these stupid things. So, instead of enjoying a beautiful beach sunset or getting a good photo of the observatory, you have your face stuck in your phone even more than you ever were?

So, it's bad enough that you stay indoors staring at your phone all day. Now, you go outdoors.....and stare at your phone some more? Sorry, I can't relate to these things anymore. I feel much older than I am (33).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
After doing some research on how this game works, I've concluded that it's one of the DUMBEST things to come out.....ever. Let's say your in beautiful Los Angeles trying to find one of these stupid things. So, instead of enjoying a beautiful beach sunset or getting a good photo of the observatory, you have your face stuck in your phone even more than you ever were?

So, it's bad enough that you stay indoors staring at your phone all day. Now, you go outdoors.....and stare at your phone some more? Sorry, I can't relate to these things anymore. I feel much older than I am (33).

The premise is that people would be going out even if they were not playing that game. That is not the case at all....I've seen people hanging out at landmarks whom would've been home in front of their computers or couches. I was going to my local park for an exercise yesterday and it was packed with people whom you normally don't encounter or see at all.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

Well, excuse me Jim Jupiter....
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Well, excuse me Jim Jupiter....

Hey, he's the healthiest man in Chicago.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

The premise is that people would be going out even if they were not playing that game. That is not the case at all....I've seen people hanging out at landmarks whom would've been home in front of their computers or couches. I was going to my local park for an exercise yesterday and it was packed with people whom you normally don't encounter or see at all.

but, they're not enjoying or taking in what's in front of them. It's all through the screen isn't it? Ok, fine. They're going outside now but, they're not playing sports or running or making out with some chick/guy.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

but, they're not enjoying or taking in what's in front of them. It's all through the screen isn't it? Ok, fine. They're going outside now but, they're not playing sports or running or making out with some chick/guy.

I've seen kids/adults literally walk/bike from fountain valley all the way to HB pier just for this game. You honestly can't say that doesn't have a good effect on them regardless of whatever they're playing on the phone. This country has a long history of obesity and laziness and when something comes along that helps alleviate that problem we're going to complain about it?
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
I've seen kids/adults literally walk/bike from fountain valley all the way to HB pier just for this game. You honestly can't say that doesn't have a good effect on them regardless of whatever they're playing on the phone. This country has a long history of obesity and laziness and when something comes along that helps alleviate that problem we're going to complain about it?

(nsfw language)
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

(nsfw language)

"well...game boy color cuz black lives matter"
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

(nsfw language)

Lmao He's actually preaching the truth though
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Because when you stay indoors, your face isn't glued to the phone right?

It's not a fitness app by any strerch, but it does get people out who would otherwise be staying in. So thats a good thing I think.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

It's not a fitness app by any strerch, but it does get people out who would otherwise be staying in. So thats a good thing I think.

might as well stay in then if you're going to be on your phone. There's no point. Like when I see people at Disneyland or Griffith park on their phones the whole time.
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:36 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

might as well stay in then if you're going to be on your phone. There's no point. Like when I see people at Disneyland or Griffith park on their phones the whole time.

It's not like they're not still taking in the surroundings in their peripherals or they're on their phone for every single second they're at disneyland or griffith park. They're still having a better time than being at home.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:

I haven't gotten into it. But seeing the forest from the trees, it's a break through for Augmented Reality.

AR is something thats coming in a big way, I've heard it mentioned from being incorporated into tools such as GPS systems and now we are seeing it in gaming. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

The most interesting thing of this might be its impact on VR. Companies such as Sony, Microsoft and Facebook have invested heavily into Virtual Reality recently, AR might be the worst thing for them.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject:

PurpleAndGOAT wrote:
dood23 wrote:
nickuku wrote:

(nsfw language)

Lmao He's actually preaching the truth though

Nah.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Plus eating healthy, running, AND lifting is overkill. You can mix and match 2/3 and be fine
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

Have you played the game? If you have the AR on you can see your surroundings just fine!

Also if you're playing Pokemon GO you're actually seeing more of the world than if you're stuck on a court or field playing a sport...
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

So which is worse. Walking around outside playing Pokemon, or sitting on your arse crying about those people on a message board?
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject:

I play it when I go for my 6K run. Don't need to stare at the phone when it vibrates every time the pokedar goes off...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: