Mason and Ireland on First Take killing The Lakers (update youtube video)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Mason and Ireland on First Take killing The Lakers (update youtube video)

Two morons making the Lakers origination look bad.

Last edited by Troublesome626 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:47 am    Post subject:

I don't understand why can't we get a reporter that somewhat spreads a little hometown homerism and makes you feel good about being an LA fan. Instead we get these two douches.

Matt money smith is a guy that was fair praised the lakers and talked smack about the opponents. Why was he fired? Because he doesn't toe the company line like Ireland?

Last edited by 999 on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

What are they saying?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Two morons.
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:11 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't worry too much what those two clowns say. Off topic but I'd probably punch Mason if I was required to be around him for too long.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject:

i don't even know what they said but they are idiots so whatever.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Mason and Ireland on First Take

Thats like a singularity of hot takes right there

!...
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Quote:
Mason and Ireland on First Take

Thats like a singularity of hot takes right there

Hopefully it collapses upon itself.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:48 am    Post subject:

Soooo what did they say?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:

What did they say?
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject:

Russell1 wrote:
What did they say?

They were just tossing around the idea that Ingram and Russell...for that matter, anyone, is a commodity and they should be thrown the way of OKC if thats the asking price for Westbrook.

They praised Ingram and Russell on their potential but said they would not hesitate to forfeit that up for the chance at Westbrook.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

wh03lse wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
What did they say?

They were just tossing around the idea that Ingram and Russell...for that matter, anyone, is a commodity and they should be thrown the way of OKC if thats the asking price for Westbrook.

They praised Ingram and Russell on their potential but said they would not hesitate to forfeit that up for the chance at Westbrook.

i would definitely trade one or the other for WB. would have to think about both for westbrook. if he agreed to an extension i would probably trade both for him. he is a top 5 player.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject:

I would NOT trade both for WB. Maybe one, but only if WB is committing long term.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
Matt money smith is a guy that was fair praised the lakers and talked smack about the opponents. Why was he fired? Because he doesn't toe the company line like Ireland?

Money wasn't fired. He works at 570 (and NFL network), which is FOX. When the Lakers switched to ESPN radio, that was the end of that. I always thought he was fair, but there are quite a few here that think he's a Bulls homer because he's from Chicago.

Ireland is a dunce. He's boring as hell in PBP and he's always advocating the quick fix. Pre-draft, he wanted to trade the pick and players for Boogie Cousins too.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I would NOT trade both for WB. Maybe one, but only if WB is committing long term.

Would not trade either for Westbrook. His timeline doesn't fit with this team. We already commited 150 million in contracts to Deng and Mozgov to mentor the youth. Getting Westbrook now would be a complete waste of assets even if he agreed to an extension(which he would be crazy to)
wh03lse
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

Yeah I feel like he might say all the right things and knowing this organization's recent history with Dwight, might get burned again. Keep what we have, build forward and let free agents come here.

We shouldn't have expected our salary funds to lure people here... especially on a team that went 17-65. No incentive to do so at this time.

Now if we make strides with this core and move towards playoff contention, then the conversation changes.

Until then, do work.
10scott10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
I don't understand why can't we get a reporter that somewhat spreads a little hometown homerism and makes you feel good about being an LA fan. Instead we get these two douches.

Yeah, he was always my favorite. Does he still have that horrible show with Petros?
smoovrihks
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
999 wrote:

Money wasn't fired. He works at 570 (and NFL network), which is FOX. When the Lakers switched to ESPN radio, that was the end of that. I always thought he was fair, but there are quite a few here that think he's a Bulls homer because he's from Chicago.

Ireland is a dunce. He's boring as hell in PBP and he's always advocating the quick fix. Pre-draft, he wanted to trade the pick and players for Boogie Cousins too.

Besides, Spero, Ireland is the only voice I enjoy nowadays. Better than Billy Mac, that's for sure. They should bring back Spero Ireland is a HUGE homer, which I like... because I can commiserate with being a huge homer.

I used to like Matt Money, but since the switch, he became irrelevant. He would rock really cool high top sneakers during Lakers broadcasts, the brother had style. That being said, his name is synonymous with Petros, and I hated Petros.

Honestly though, I dig Mason & Ireland... and the ratings don't lie - people tune in.

Last edited by smoovrihks on Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:
wh03lse wrote:
Russell1 wrote:
What did they say?

i would definitely trade one or the other for WB. would have to think about both for westbrook. if he agreed to an extension i would probably trade both for him. he is a top 5 player.

Two franchise talents for one? Good thing you ain't a GM.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject:

I'm honestly not interested in giving up assets to get Russell Westbrook. The first reason being that there's the possibility that we can sign him outright next summer anyway, so why give assets up for him? But I'm also more interested in seeing these kids develop than I am watching Westy. But like I said, I'd be more than happy to have him if he wants to come back home next summer.
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject:

I updated my first post with video
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

smoovrihks wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
999 wrote:

Besides, Spero, Ireland is the only voice I enjoy nowadays. Better than Billy Mac, that's for sure. They should bring back Spero Ireland is a HUGE homer, which I like... because I can commiserate with being a huge homer.

I used to like Matt Money, but since the switch, he became irrelevant. He would rock really cool high top sneakers during Lakers broadcasts, the brother had style. That being said, his name is synonymous with Petros, and I hated Petros.

Honestly though, I dig Mason & Ireland... and the ratings don't lie - people tune in.

Totally agree except I don't like Matt Money. Guy is a hater and rips on Kobe whenever possible. He goes out of his way to hate.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Freaking morons. I can tolerate Ireland, but Mason's vitriol against Mitch and Jim, and his willingness to trade everybody away to position us into mediocrity for next 5 years annoys the crap out of me. He's gotta be one of the posters around here. LOL!

710, they represent the "HOME" of the Lakers. I used to listen to them, but Mason has become unbearable.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject:

Isn't Ireland the Lakers' announcer? How is Jim not firing him right now? He obviously opposed to Mitch's and Jim's plan and instead wants the Lakers to acquire his "favorite player" Westbrick. What a dumbbutt!! Westbrick is already 28 and you're not going to win a championship anytime soon so why get him. He's just going to waste his prime years with a developing team and once our young core develops in 4 years, he'll be past his prime.
lakerhaterhater
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Would not trade either for Westbrook. His timeline doesn't fit with this team. We already commited 150 million in contracts to Deng and Mozgov to mentor the youth. Getting Westbrook now would be a complete waste of assets even if he agreed to an extension(which he would be crazy to)

Ai
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: