Whats the 16 T rule?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Whats the 16 T rule?

What happens when a player gets 16 tech fouls?

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

They no longer have 15.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Of course the officials werent intimidated. At least no more than the other officials who have given Kobe technical fouls to the tune of a league leading 11. Maybe, instead of being so concerned with Mark Cuban, Phil should be worried about the new rule in place that causes a player to be suspended a game after he gets his 16th technical foul of the season. And if I remember correctly, every technical after 16 results in a 1 game suspension as well. Cant wait to hear what he has to say when that happens….
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I just posted this in The Cuban thread.....

This is something to really think about......

What I am concerned about is the total of "T's"......Kobe has.....I know why he is getting them,but the total of 16 and you get suspended is of concern to me.......He is getting about one in four games on average......that means by about game 68 or so he will have #16.....that means suspension for a game.....And more suspensions with any other T's after that......And if we are actually still in the hunt for a playoff spot,any time missed from Kobe is major.......

Kobe has to now start watching every word,and with this losing streak showing no signs of ending,and these tripls and traps draped all over him,I think he will become even more angry and frustrated.......
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I don't mind the 16 T's equalling a 1-game suspension...

(although I don't love that rule either, kinda the wrong way to go IMO).

But the part about 1 additional game for EACH tech after that???

That's straight up foul-nazi stuff right there. That is ridiculous.
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject:

The way I've heard the rule (and I haven't been able to find it in the rulebook, so I don't know where it's published), every other technical starting from the 16th becomes an automatic 1-game suspension. So 16, 18, 20, etc. would be a suspension. They've also apparently increased the fines for technicals and ejections. $1000 a piece for the first 5 techs, $1500 for the next 5, $2000 for the next 5, and $2500 a piece for every tech after that. Players also pay $1000 for the first ejection, $2000 for the 2nd, $3000 for the third, etc. Plus obviously they lose money during any suspensions.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
They no longer have 15.

People on LG are saying the player gets suspended but I thought that was when the technicals were the result of a flagrant foul.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Exick wrote:
The way I've heard the rule (and I haven't been able to find it in the rulebook, so I don't know where it's published), every other technical starting from the 16th becomes an automatic 1-game suspension. So 16, 18, 20, etc. would be a suspension. They've also apparently increased the fines for technicals and ejections. $1000 a piece for the first 5 techs, $1500 for the next 5, $2000 for the next 5, and $2500 a piece for every tech after that. Players also pay $1000 for the first ejection, $2000 for the 2nd, $3000 for the third, etc. Plus obviously they lose money during any suspensions.

I think you're correct. Here's a link, not to a rulebook, but to an article that talks about Rasheed and outlines the rules:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/sports_columnists/article/0,1299,DRMN_83_4302058,00.html

Speaking of Rasheed, technically he leads the league now since he picked up #12 last night
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

damn... kobe better cool off.
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is on pace to be suspended again. Wouldn't that stink if Kobe got suspended and it cost us a playoff berth. We are gonna have a hard time making it the way it is.

Jake Speed, 1986
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject:

I like this Kobe. He's stopped letting people run over the top of him. I remember Dr. Doom and I have a discussion about whether Kobe had the respect of his peers enough. We were discussing whether or not Kobe knocking Mike Miller on his ass, could be an effective way of showing teams they won't just beat up on he and his teammates. He said Kobe wasn't "hard" or "street" enough. I said that MJ wasn't either, but he BECAME feared around the height of the Bulls-Knicks rivalries when he FINALLY stood up for Pippen. The rest was history.

Ever since the Miller forearm, the Lakers are undefeated at home. That, along with the 81, has earned the UTMOST respect for Kobe on the court. Allen Iverson, king of the "street" cred, said Kobe was a "pure assassin".

Kobe is letting everyone know that he and his Lakers won't be pushed around anymore.

And I LIKE it.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

If I'm Kobe, I make this cr*p stop here and now. Here would be my Kobe thoughts:

I'm the most watched player in the NBA. If they want to call stupid oss fouls on me to get my dander up, then skreuuuuwwww them. There will a lot of television audiences and fans in arenas who paid to see me, but David Stern's NBA won't let them.

That won't change the rule, but it would make the refs/league think twice about their many no-calls and non-sense calls.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Here:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#92

Suspensions every OTHER game -- 16, 18, 20, 22, etc.

Clock resets in the playoffs, with suspensions starting up again with #7.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: