The bond amongst these guys is special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
I can see Dlo and Ingram being a great balance personality-wise. They both want to be great and can be potential leaders, but express it differently. I always thought that Kobe and Duncan could have been that kind of pairing personality-wise.

Man can you imagine Kobe and Duncan together??? Now THAT would have been a great duo
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Fastbreak32 wrote:
I can see Dlo and Ingram being a great balance personality-wise. They both want to be great and can be potential leaders, but express it differently. I always thought that Kobe and Duncan could have been that kind of pairing personality-wise.

Man can you imagine Kobe and Duncan together??? Now THAT would have been a great duo

Who knows if they would have reached higher peaks, but I think it would have lasted longer. Stones vs Beatles. haha. I'm not complaining, though.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of how Lillard got his team together last summer and had them all practice together.

DLO understands his role now and I am so happy to see him taking charge!

Hopefully our squad will catch lightning in a bottle like the Blazers did last season.

Please Mitch don't blow this up yet. Let the kids grow together, we can have something special in a few short years!

And damn I love our coaching staff now. Mermuys is so entertaining to watch. Basketball runs through his veins, he can't stand still when he starts talking about the players and the system they are trying to run. Such a difference from the last two years with the arm folding.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm just thrilled that the Lakers have a big group of young players that can grow and form a solid core.

There will be growing pains.. but I do believe this group will grow.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
GT, last summer league you mentioned that Madsen was doing a very poor Rick Carlisle impersonation calling plays every time down the floor. What was the dynamic like this year?

I see Russell calling a lot of plays- is he getting input from the sidelines? How often do they just go without a play call?

I didn't see Russell look to the bench for a play call once. If it was a live ball scenario, the go to was the drag screens. Out of dead balls, Russell was calling the plays. I was in the 3rd row in the Warriors game, and as soon as the ball went out of bounds or the Warriors drew FTAs, Russell was telling his teammates what was coming.

There was a ton of input from the sidelines, but it was during dead balls and mostly timeouts. But during live action it was Russell's show.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
The offense was rather simplified, but it's miles away from what we ran last year during the summer league right? Also glad to see that the guys are getting along. Also who did you watch in the other games who caught your eye?

It's miles away in that there isn't a set play call every time. It's not good yet, but at least the spacing is sensible.

Of the other games, Kris Dunn was far & away the guy who stood out. He was tremendous in a lot of areas. Devin Booker was really impressive too as an effortless scorer w/a nice feel on the PnR.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject:

You can see it in the practice photos from today: http://www.nba.com/lakers/photogallery/160713practice

Everyone just seems upbeat yet competitive. Byron Scott's practices were serious and rigid. It just seems like they never accomplished anything (hence the 17 wins).

This time you can really see the joy in their faces. Practices don't have to be draconian.
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:15 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't want to be in a foxhole with Jesse. Too annoying and upbeat.

-Great Scott
The Nightbringer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad the team is bonding together well...

...but can they match the scintillating coolness of Gold Bond? http://i.imgur.com/QLHLtVX.gif
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

The bond is special IN SUMMER LEAGUE.

Wait until they start getting exposed against starters and then lose some games.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Wait until they start getting exposed against starters and then lose some games.

How do even get through Friday every week with that kinda attitude?
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
GT, last summer league you mentioned that Madsen was doing a very poor Rick Carlisle impersonation calling plays every time down the floor. What was the dynamic like this year?

I see Russell calling a lot of plays- is he getting input from the sidelines? How often do they just go without a play call?

I didn't see Russell look to the bench for a play call once. If it was a live ball scenario, the go to was the drag screens. Out of dead balls, Russell was calling the plays. I was in the 3rd row in the Warriors game, and as soon as the ball went out of bounds or the Warriors drew FTAs, Russell was telling his teammates what was coming.

There was a ton of input from the sidelines, but it was during dead balls and mostly timeouts. But during live action it was Russell's show.

Thanks man. It looks like they're mainly sticking to the high ball screens for now. When they eventually put in the ball reversal actions I would think that the flow and ball movement will look better.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject:

The brotherhood shall prevail!
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:16 am    Post subject:

Thanks GT. Chemistry is very often forgotten now a days. People put together talent and say well your a 3 and your a 2 and your a 1 and your a 4 so together we are 10 yay! Then when the team performs like a 0 they can't believe it.

That's why i was so pumped when that laker dinner pic came out. It's a beautiful thing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Don't fool yourself. This kind of bond isn't something we see very often.
They're going to stick together through the bad times, no doubt.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject:

We're talking about guys who are not playing SL (Clarkson, Randle and Black), plus Russell and Nance; guys who lost 65 games last season. So, they already know about NBA competition and losing games.

JamaalWilkes wrote:

KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject:

Well, last year's SL set the tone for the regular season. We saw the same anachronistic offensive/defensive schemes manifest in the games, and it led to many, many losses, even though they were talented to win a lot more games.

At the very least, these guys will compete till the final buzzer sounds. They could have easily given up on that back to back game against the 76ers, but they fought hard and smart, and won the game. The best part about that game is the 76ers were playing their third year NBA guys.

There is definitely a new vibe to the team. The players are given more freedom and thus more responsibility. There is a sense of purpose that they didn't have last season.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

How do even get through Friday every week with that kinda attitude?

What's so great about Friday? It's going to be Monday 2 days later anyways, so what's the point?
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

Don't fool yourself. This kind of bond isn't something we see very often.
They're going to stick together through the bad times, no doubt.

It's good to see now, but the key will be when it's the Dog Days of the season, with a long, winter-season, Grammy-induced 8-game Road Trip.

Bonds made when things are easy are fun.

Bonds made when things are difficult are stronger.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

Yeah you're right.... But it also starts somewhere and given that except for D'LO and Ingram and Nance , only 2 others will even be on the roster and they will be rotation/end of the bench guys.

It's not like this is our roster for game one of the season.

Our second and third best players are going to be added, a 6th man of the year, a 7'1 mobile defensive center, a very good defensive 3/4, solid NBA backup PG, etc.

Our talent is going to get a whole lot better and hopefully this same chemistry is there too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:28 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

They legitimately seem to care about each other and that ain't the kind of thing that's gonna fall apart after they lose a few games.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:39 am    Post subject:

for those of you who have played team sports, you understand how important chemistry is.

A group of good players can beat a team of great players if the play together and the great players play for themselves.
Especially in a game where there is a lot of player interaction like basketball and football.

It is interesting to see how Mosgov and Deng will interact with the young players. But seeing their resume, they are team players all the way.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

What I find interesting is - they put Ingram on Russel A LOT at practice. This is like a common theme.

Should help his defense tremendously.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

For the first time in 5 years there is hope for the future. Our young guys all seem to be bonding and working hard and they are energized about being coached by Luke and his assistants. This is a great start and a big change from last year where developing our kids was not priority #1.

It will be fun to watch these guys improve as they are coached up and now have some great mentors on the court to show the way. Luke will make them a team and will help to maximize each individuals skills. So far they all seem to really like each other and they like our coaching staff. They are working hard and having fun. Attitude can go a long way and a good positive attitude is a great place to start if you are going to be successful.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

oldlakerfan wrote:
For the first time in 5 years there is hope for the future. Our young guys all seem to be bonding and working hard and they are energized about being coached by Luke and his assistants. This is a great start and a big change from last year where developing our kids was not priority #1.

It will be fun to watch these guys improve as they are coached up and now have some great mentors on the court to show the way. Luke will make them a team and will help to maximize each individuals skills. So far they all seem to really like each other and they like our coaching staff. They are working hard and having fun. Attitude can go a long way and a good positive attitude is a great place to start if you are going to be successful.

Karmic law of consequence.

They gave everything for Kobe and even Byron ( ) to get their proper farewells. It's only fair that they get something in return.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: