NBA announces changes to "hack-a-Shaq" rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why reward people for being bad at free throws?

I know, I agree, bad free throwers shouldn't be in the league or should be paid less money. I'd like to see free throw percentage be a requirement for leaving college early. If you can't shoot 70% stay in school or D-league until you can.

The NBA's stance I believe is that making someone like Jordan or Howard shoot 20 extra free throws, slowing the game down, makes for a much less exciting product, both in person and especially on TV.

Well, if they went by your rules, the league never would have seen the great career of Shaquille O'Neal.

Or Bill Russell. Career FT%.561 LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I've said it a hundred times: just let teams waive their right to fts and opt to take the ball out of bounds instead. Easy. No one wants to watch fts. If you're concerned about late game situations, then just make fts mandatory the last two minutes of the game when the current hack a Shaq rule applies.

Without the worry of fouling out of a game it would turn into street ball. Silver sees the problem and has taken measures to make things better.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
I've said it a hundred times: just let teams waive their right to fts and opt to take the ball out of bounds instead. Easy. No one wants to watch fts. If you're concerned about late game situations, then just make fts mandatory the last two minutes of the game when the current hack a Shaq rule applies.

This would help defenses to reset after any breakdown.

And how would you do over a 2-on-1 or other situation?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: