Philippines: President's call for public to murder drug addicts is working
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Filipino Drug Lords Lived 'Like Kings' In Cells With Jacuzzis, Sex Dolls, and a Stripper Stage

LINK

Quote:
Some of the most notorious drug lords in the Philippines lived "like kings" inside one of the country's largest prisons in Muntinlupa City, south of Manila, authorities say. Guards allegedly allowed inmates to horde money and drugs, and install luxury features — including a concert stage, a marbled Jacuzzi, and a "strip bar" — in cells upgraded to resemble lavish apartments.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-02/reign-of-terror-has-started-in-philippines/7682466
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject:

Duterte is going to try to align himself with the Chinese and distance himself from the US.

I already see it happening.

Why did these people elect this guy? He is a freaking maniac.

Mark my words now: When the next election comes there will be some sort of catastrophe or reason why elections will need to be suspended so he can maintain his grip on power

This is not a " one and done" type of guy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/asia/duterte-hitler-comparison/
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
He said he had been “portrayed or pictured to be a cousin of Hitler,” without elaborating.

Moments later he said, “Hitler massacred 3 million Jews … there’s 3 million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

Happy With Hitler Comparison
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Duterte is going to try to align himself with the Chinese and distance himself from the US.

Mark my words now: When the next election comes there will be some sort of catastrophe or reason why elections will need to be suspended so he can maintain his grip on power

He's said several times that he'd rather not even finish the current term. He wants a new Constitution with more government checks and balances. When that's done, he's out.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Luckily he doesn't have an arsenal of weapons at his disposal. So he is only a danger to his own people.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

He's said several times that he'd rather not even finish the current term. He wants a new Constitution with more government checks and balances. When that's done, he's out.

And you actually fell for that rhetoric???
That's like dictator 101..." Yeah, I dont wan't all this power, it's such a burden but I will do it for my people" Good lord how gullible.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

That's like dictator 101..." Yeah, I dont wan't all this power, it's such a burden but I will do it for my people" Good lord how gullible.

How mu h do you know about him bwfore he became President?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

Emperor Palpatine 101 ... when he says he's accepting emergency powers with great reluctance, he really means "gimme dat unlimited power".

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

What is your opinion of Duterte?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

I know he's been in politics for 30 years.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

I know this: His family is politically connected and when Duterte was a law student he shot someone who insulted him.

This guy is baaaad news. The fun is only just beginning with this guy.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

He might be what The Philippine needs in the short term.

That country is corrupt to the core at every level. It's so deep that there really is no way for a normal good person to do anything as President. Corruption is such a normal part of life.

It really would take some sort of benevolent dictatorship to clean things up. But then you're stuck with a dictator, that even if good may lead to the next bad one.

So I see Duterte as not really worse than the typical Philippine politician, but he has always been oretty straight forward and brutally honest in what he says. He was like that his whole career. People may not like his methods, but he's been honest about it.

There really isn't much of a minus because things are already messed up there. But if he keeps with his track record as Mayor, then things may actually get better. And then he can step down.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

We've been here on LG a long time. Friendly wager he doesn't step down before the next election? Or you can elucidate us on why you feel otherwise with something more than "that's what he said". I honestly don't know...I just know what I know about lifetime politicians and bull.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:47 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

We've been here on LG a long time. Friendly wager he doesn't step down before the next election? Or you can elucidate us on why you feel otherwise with something more than "that's what he said".

I don't do wagers. But if you're right, then so be it. I just don't see it going that way.

That doesn't make me gullible because I'm not attached to that outcome. I am fully aware that I may be wrong and I'm not arrogant enough to think that my prediction must be so right that I call others gullible for thinking differently.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

He might be what The Philippine needs in the short term.

That country is corrupt to the core at every level. It's so deep that there really is no way for a normal good person to do anything as President. Corruption is such a normal part of life.

It really would take some sort of benevolent dictatorship to clean things up. But then you're stuck with a dictator, that even if good may lead to the next bad one.

So I see Duterte as not really worse than the typical Philippine politician, but he has always been oretty straight forward and brutally honest in what he says. He was like that his whole career. People may not like his methods, but he's been honest about it.

There really isn't much of a minus because things are already messed up there. But if he keeps with his track record as Mayor, then things may actually get better. And then he can step down.

Actress' sister found in gutter with "drug pusher" sign tied around her neck; several gunshot wounds

http://www.philstar.com/metro/2016/09/11/1622483/alleged-drug-pusher-celebrities-slain

legal
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

We've been here on LG a long time. Friendly wager he doesn't step down before the next election? Or you can elucidate us on why you feel otherwise with something more than "that's what he said".

I don't do wagers. But if you're right, then so be it. I just don't see it going that way.

That doesn't make me gullible because I'm not attached to that outcome. I am fully aware that I may be wrong and I'm not arrogant enough to think that my prediction must be so right that I call others gullible for thinking differently.

I respect that but it doesn't answer the crux of the conversation. I'm not trying to be argumentative here but is there something other than his word that would intimate that he's one and done and only out for the things that he stated? You presented the question whether or not we knew his history but you haven't enlightened us with it.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

I respect that but it doesn't answer the crux of the conversation. I'm not trying to be argumentative here but is there something other than his word that would intimate that he's one and done and only out for the things that he stated? You presented the question whether or not we knew his history but you haven't enlightened us with it.

He has a history of being a very effective Mayor and pretty much destroying the cartels that used to have control of his city. He says what he does and does what he says. Because of that, his city loved him.

He may have a history of being crude and pretty much declaring war on cartels, but he's been a pretty honest politician.

So I tend to take him at his word because he has a history of keeping it.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

He has a history of being a very effective Mayor and pretty much destroying the cartels that used to have control of his city. He says what he does and does what he says. Because of that, his city loved him.

He may have a history of being crude and pretty much declaring war on cartels, but he's been a pretty honest politician.

I think the only thing for certain about Duterte is that he is an arrogant bastard, a sociopathic murderer and the perfect dictator for a corrupt, weak and uneducated populace.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:
Reflexx wrote:
dubaholic1 wrote:

So you don't know much.

I think the only thing for certain about Duterte is that he is an arrogant bastard, a sociopathic murderer and the perfect dictator for a corrupt, weak and uneducated populace.

I find it funny when someone states their opinion with such certainty, add if it was fact... calling someone else arrogant.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Yeah but fact: I never shot someone for race bating me, and fact I never admitted to shooting said someone, and fact the government workers of the Philippines are abjectly corrupt and fact the majority of the populace are uneducated / under educated which led to the horrible mistake of electing a sociopath murderer.

What is scarier is the fact that it appears that you are taking a position of quasi defending this nut job.

So yeah, you can call it my opinion but everything I've stated above are facts.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
He said he had been “portrayed or pictured to be a cousin of Hitler,” without elaborating.

Moments later he said, “Hitler massacred 3 million Jews … there’s 3 million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

I have no doubt this jackass wants to be the next Pol Pot.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
Yeah but fact: I never shot someone for race bating me, and fact I never admitted to shooting said someone, and fact the government workers of the Philippines are abjectly corrupt and fact the majority of the populace are uneducated / under educated which led to the horrible mistake of electing a sociopath murderer.

What is scarier is the fact that it appears that you are taking a position of quasi defending this nut job.

So yeah, you can call it my opinion but everything I've stated above are facts.

As long as yiu undwrstand what facts and opinions are.

"Sociopathic murderer" in this case is an opinion.

I'm not trying to "defend" anyone, but Irying to provide context.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

I have no doubt this jackass wants to be the next Pol Pot.

Except he was using the comparison in the context of how Hitler was killing innocents, while Duterte is trying to kill criminals. He was trying to contrast.

If he's to be criticized, it should be based on reality instead of what the sensationalized story is. There's definitely enough there to criticize without buying into the media narrative.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: