Jeanie Buss 1 on 1 interview on sportscenter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
How does this interview fit into the conspiracy theory? Is this part of her grand master plan or something? Did Phil tell her to do this?

It's always a conspiracy when Jeanie does something.
Dilla_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject:

Jeanie was asked her thoughts of the opening bit which was a video of basically saying how bad the Lakers have got in the last three years, not being able to get a meeting with KD, Kobe leaving, Walton replacing Byron, how the future is Russell/Randle/Ingram, if the Lakers don't meet the playoffs Jim will step down and Mitch could leave.

Jeanie said the last three years has been a roller coaster and it's disappointing to miss out on the playoffs, her father wouldn't be happy where the Lakers are now but he believed in her brother and hopefully the rebuild can get back to Lakers basketball.

Then was asked what has been the biggest challenge. She said how the league has changed and involved. And spoke about Lakers history and Lakers basketball. Then that the front office has all the tools they need.
How Luke Walton is the right person to coach this young team, he has the enthusiasm and he has a charisma that she doesn't think he knows he has in terms of connection with people of all different ages. Praised Luke Walton basically and said they've got some good older players to help the young core. And said how the Lakers are unbeaten at Summer League so far. She said the Lakers fans are smart and how they have been selling out Summer League games.

Jeanine was asked why the Lakers didn't get a meeting with KD. She said every player is different and it depends on the player's connection with the players on the roster of the team, the city of where the nba team is located and player's family as well.

She was asked about KD going to the Warriors and it being a so called "super team". And said if it's where KD is most happy with then it should be fine. Then jokes that this Warriors team, Miami from a few years ago are copying the Lakers blueprint by having a number of superstars in one team. She said the Lakers have a number of young players who are stars that will be getting there share of attention, playing time and more focus and then listened Russell/Clarkson/Randle/Ingram/Nance Jr. Said these guys have bonded through some bad seasons and they're looking now to kind of assert themselves and they have a coach that will really know how to bring out the best in them.

She was asked if she thinks the team needs to trade for a big name veteran superstar. She said she wasn't going to second guess the front office ,if hat's what they feel they need to do to win then what's what they have to do. She said the group of guys going in to this season she is excited to see play and excited to see what Walton and Brian Shaw and a really good coaching staff can bring to the team. And what she hears from Lakers fans they feel the same way, season tickets have been renewed 95% so far.

And asked about Westbrook, if OKC put him out there for a trade. Jeanie said she thinks he's a very special talent but that is a decision for the front office to make but said any team with Westbrook on it will be a great team.

And she asked about Jim's deadline and asked if it was a tough position for her. And she said it wasn't a tough position as she believes they will get the job done ( ). And that there is no need to worry that a change like that will be needed to be made.

That the Lakers have all the resources that they need, the Lakers have the best fans and play at the best arena, the Lakers are opening up a new Lakers headquarters pratice facility that is is going to triple the size of training and rehab and development space that the Lakers don't have at the moment.

Then she was asked again if she thinks it will come to Jim leaving and then said she was very optimistic about the Lakers doing well and believes her brother wants to be successful and her father felt her brother could be successful with the Lakers. And then was asked about Jim not bringing bring back Phil a couple of years ago and what her thoughts on that were, she said it might have been a source of conflict between them and that is common in every family. She said there isn't any issues about that and Phil is happy at the Knicks. She understood that Jim and Mitch didn't want another voice in decision making and it's the two of them. And it's her job to give them everything they need to be succesful. She wouldn't speak about the Knicks but said Phil is enjoying his job and working with the Knicks. And how the Knicks means a lot to Phil. Lastly she want's the Knicks Vs Lakers in the playoffs finals with the Lakers winning of course.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

I'm glad she's optimistic but the question that needed to be asked was, "If the Lakers fail to make the play-offs, will Jim's self imposed exit be honored?" That's a totally fair question and there shouldn't be any sugar coating like, "I expect the job to get done."

What if the job doesn't get done and the team wins 30 games. Then what? I'm all for positive optimism but this is not only a fair question, but a realistic question.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

Jeannie looking good as usual 😍
purple8goldvanessa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject:

great interview
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I'm glad she's optimistic but the question that needed to be asked was, "If the Lakers fail to make the play-offs, will Jim's self imposed exit be honored?" That's a totally fair question and there shouldn't be any sugar coating like, "I expect the job to get done."

What if the job doesn't get done and the team wins 30 games. Then what? I'm all for positive optimism but this is not only a fair question, but a realistic question.

Winning 30 games is progress, and that is what the Buss family wants to see. Despite their bickering, they aren't as immature as some fans are thinking that the team progressing is a reason to overreact. Would it actually bother you if the Lakers won 34 games and Jim stayed?
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject:

I think we're winning 50 games this season.
That's how much that interview encourage me. Just have to see how we defend other team's more athletic players.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
That's how much that interview encourage me. Just have to see how we defend other team's more athletic players.

True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

All about progress man. If we 20 games more than last season and that can attract big fa like Westbrook than that's a win.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
diando wrote:

Didn't say Champions yet but according to my signature, they'll be a chip before 2020.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject:

I wonder how much of the 95% renew rate is because Season Ticket holders made a killing selling tickets for the KFT making this years tickets basically free for them
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

That was by far the best Jeanie interview since Dr. Buss was alive and Phil was the coach.

Well done.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

The narrative and drama behind a 3 year rebuild (so far) is absolutely hilarious to me.

3 years.

In these 3 years there were hiccups of course (not many IMO, but not pursuing smaller contract players like Aminu last year does bother me), but they've built something very nice.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject:

for an older gal...hannah storm has really nice legs and thighs
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
That was by far the best Jeanie interview since Dr. Buss was alive and Phil was the coach.

Well done.
Qft
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Well done.

I think the Buss family and Mitch are finally connected as a group.

Jim Buss jumping and cheering after Russell hits the game winner and was kind enough to sign stuff for fans..

We are hopefully heading into a good environment with the Organization and the Laker fan base coming together.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:
for an older gal...hannah storm has really nice legs and thighs
Hannah looks better now than she did when the NBA was still on NBC. #Vino.

Bring back the NBA on NBC!!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

She's answered that question so many times. And every time she does this forum goes irate, "close your mouth" blah blah blah. She doesn't need to answer it anymore, it's already been said and said again. Jim will be gone if the team doesn't make the playoffs.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
King Randle wrote:

She's answered that question so many times. And every time she does this forum goes irate, "close your mouth" blah blah blah. She doesn't need to answer it anymore, it's already been said and said again. Jim will be gone if the team doesn't make the playoffs.

Any guess of who you think she picks to replace the regime?

Do you think it would be Phil? Any other options?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Only that wasn't the answer she gave when asked the question. She expects the team to improve. Jeanie cannot oust Jim, she has failed in that quest. He is going nowhere. Interesting that you keep commenting on what Jeanie said when you don't even know what she said.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject:

Absolutely crushed that interview even after Ramona came with the introductory hit piece.

I hope this puts to rest the BS narrative about her leaking stuff to Dingaling.

Showed tremendous support to her brother and Mitch.

Said she and the season ticket holders are very excited about this upcoming team and Luke.

And also gave props to all the players including RW.

Couldn't have done a better job. Props Jeannie!

#BannersOverBillboards
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Any guess of who you think she picks to replace the regime?

Do you think it would be Phil? Any other options?

Probably Ryan West once Mitch retires and becomes a consultant for them.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Winning 30 games is progress, and that is what the Buss family wants to see. Despite their bickering, they aren't as immature as some fans are thinking that the team progressing is a reason to overreact. Would it actually bother you if the Lakers won 34 games and Jim stayed?

I'd be ecstatic.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Only that wasn't the answer she gave when asked the question. She expects the team to improve. Jeanie cannot oust Jim, she has failed in that quest. He is going nowhere. Interesting that you keep commenting on what Jeanie said when you don't even know what she said.

Ventura I would be ecstatic if they won 35 games. The fact remains that Jim said he would resign if they didn't make the play-offs this year. Is this going to be ignored? If it is, then they should just say it. You and I differ on Jim Buss, which is fine. I think we need a more respected guy in the FO with a better resume. In the end, I wish someone would just say, Jeannie or Jim himself, that Jim isn't going anywhere and he spoke during an emotional time. Just want clarity that's all.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject:

That is my point, Jeanie did say that they expect to see improvement from the team. Nothing about the playoffs. So it has been said, I guess since it isn't sensational it gets ignored.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: