Get A Grip People.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Get A Grip People.

It's unbelievable to me the overreaction taking place right now especially after last season when we saw Russell struggle so mightily. All of a sudden he sucks and isn't a point guard. seriously people get a grip. He has three actual NBA teammates and bonafide scrubs after them. We only have like one fourth of our team right now. Missing Deng, Clarkson, Julius, Mozgov, Calderon, Black, and Lou Williams. That's a lot of talent missing so why exactly are you guys panicking?

Ingram struggled just like Russell did last year. He's clearly not ready to just come out and dominate. Already knew that. The Lakers aren't even running their full offense yet or anywhere close. Of course they can't without all their pieces in place. Once we install the offense, get players acclimated and buying into what Luke wants to do this team will be just fine. These games are meaningless as far as wins or losses. It's all about experience for these kids and even though he's struggled we can see the potential Ingram has on both sides of the ball. He's done a relatively good job defensively and he's getting great looks offensively.

Russell can pretty much do whatever he wants right now on the floor. He got cold, took some bad shots, needs to find a better balance between scoring and facilitating, but people have to remember this kid didn't even really get a chance to play point guard so being a primary ball handler is new to him in the NBA. He needs the experience and he's getting it right now. With better players around him he'll be able to trust his teammates more. Teams won't be able to collapse on him like they clearly did tonight.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject:

My ultimate takeaway from this game is this: Russell looked effortless in terms of scoring and moving the ball in the first half, but he went away from that in the second half. He took bad shots in the second half, but I'd rather have him make these errors, have the coaches go over it with him, and have him learn from it. That is the purpose of the summer league ultimately.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
My ultimate takeaway from this game is this: Russell looked effortless in terms of scoring and moving the ball in the first half, but he went away from that in the second half. He took bad shots in the second half, but I'd rather have him make these errors, have the coaches go over it with him, and have him learn from it. That is the purpose of the summer league ultimately.

Thats my take, just learn from it and try to prevent these types of habits.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Actually Cleveland adjusted their defensive schemes in the 2nd half. We didn't... tried to take what they were giving us, and failed at it, as well as all other areas, rebounds, ft's, defense... A+ 1st half F 2nd half.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 pm    Post subject:

People just need to vent. One game, or half, doesn't negate the good in DLO's case. It is apparent that the wins and losses mean more to the fans than the players and coaches. If any thing this loss is a real teaching moment. That said, DLO has seen better days. It looked to me like his focus wavered a bit.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

We should reserve our judgement, yes. Second half was bad. Yes, it did have Russell playing badly, defense played bad too, and our offense got stagnant, rotations were bad. Mumford should not have been there, I think they thought his offense was needed, not his defense. A Brown didn't play much in 2nd half. A Brown probably is going to get cut soon. His defense wasn't great this game. Was getting demolished by McRae.

Coaching was not there either. Honestly, this seemed like a game we weren't going to win.

One thing is that Dlo did not blame himself. Which is odd as he blamed himself the last 3 games when he played bad. He actually deflected blame. That was bad. Shouldn't be doing that as his defense was why McRae and later felder got hot
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:38 pm    Post subject:

OH, I GOT IT GRIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject:

This thread is gold.

This is the first time in years that I have tuned to SL games.

Preseason is more Important for team identity when you have all the guys playing.

I'm glad that we are out of the SL championship game I wanna see the guys get some rest.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:42 pm    Post subject:

HOW YOU GONNA TELL LARRY NANCE TO GET A GRIP IF HE BROKED HIS THIRD METAFARSAL
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:43 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:

He has two hands.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

Preseason is more Important for team identity when you have all the guys playing.

I'm glad that we are out of the SL championship game I wanna see the guys get some rest.

The Guys get some rest?? Are u kidding? These guys need to work together more, the more they play the better they will be later on. They got their arses handed to them by a couple of scrubs from D league. Can you imagine what's going to happen when they enter the real show!
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:

Sometimes you gotta learn how to be a switch gripper fam.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

The Guys get some rest?? Are u kidding? These guys need to work together more, the more they play the better they will be later on. They got their arses handed to them by a couple of scrubs from D league. Can you imagine what's going to happen when they enter the real show!
patient is gold guy... you are expecting instant success from this bunch of young kid!!!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
dood23 wrote:

He has two hands.

Time to become ambidextrous I say, gotta work on that left grip

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

There's not seriously people complaining because we lost a SL game please tell me that's not the case.

We went 1-4 last year and now this year we are 3-1 I would say that's a massive improvement. What more could you ask for. And we don't even have Black out there or Clarkson.

So just so I have this straight. People would be up in arms unless we ran the table at summer league.....

The year after going 1-4....

Considering the only reason we lost this game was FT's does it even matter. And that's on top of it being a meaningless SL game. All you are looking for is improvements from players the year before. Not wins and losses.... But we improved in both. It's like a completely different team this year. People should be happy
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

That was so irrational I laughed out loud at work. I showed a couple co-workers and they also got a hearty chuckle out of that too. I cannot take such a panicked reaction to a game that essentially doesn't count. It's like you've forgotten about training camp, preseason, the regular season. You're right though they'll just stop working now that they've lost and they're headed to the gallows. How you haven't had a stroke or heart attack by now is a modern medical miracle. Please chill out. Maybe spoon your wife.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

No biggie.

Right now so far what we know is that

Russell has good offensive game
Zubac is a cheap version of Marc Gasol
Ingram is gonna be a real good defender
Nance is gonna be in the NBA for a long time with his elite hustle.. That's good enough success for the guys until TC starts.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

patient is gold guy... you are expecting instant success from this bunch of young kid!!!!

Ummmm the teams going to have plenty of time. We are doing better than almost every other team right now and we were pretty much the worst last year. There's nothing but positives to take away from this unless you are the most pessimistic person in the world.
I just hope Nance is ok.
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Vic5150 wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

That was so irrational I laughed out loud at work. I showed a couple co-workers and they also got a hearty chuckle out of that too. I cannot take such a panicked reaction to a game that essentially doesn't count. It's like you've forgotten about training camp, preseason, the regular season. You're right though they'll just stop working now that they've lost and they're headed to the gallows. How you haven't had a stroke or heart attack by now is a modern medical miracle. Please chill out. Maybe spoon your wife.

Lol. We should just completely ignore TC, preseason, the remainder of SL, the veterans, the young vets who didn't play in SL, the fact that we haven't even integrated our offense yet.

There's so many things to still do and this guy has a stroke because we lost 1 SL game after winning 3 straight and going 1-4 last year. All you are looking for is improvement
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
This thread is gold.

No biggie.

Right now so far what we know is that

Russell has good offensive game
Zubac is a cheap version of Marc Gasol
Ingram is gonna be a real good defender
Nance is gonna be in the NBA for a long time with his elite hustle.. That's good enough success for the guys until TC starts.

When 2.0 is telling you to settle down, you know your overreaction game is overboard.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject:

At some point, I'd like to see him have more of a passing mindset. The ball sticks to his hands too much at times. There are times where it almost seems he refuses to pass the ball.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

dao wrote:
At some point, I'd like to see him have more of a passing mindset. The ball sticks to his hands too much at times. There are times where it almost seems he refuses to pass the ball.

I agree and like I said that is part of the growth for D'Angelo being a point guard. Finding a better balance and consistently making the right basketball play. Even the great ones like Kobe have struggled with that aspect at times early in his career and even later. It's fixable.
bonkers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:09 pm    Post subject:

I actually thought DLO found Ingram for a number of wide open 3s off PNR action. Those will end up as assists when Ingram gets adjusted to the NBA 3. What I haven't seen a whole lot of is back cuts. I don't know if that's just something that we haven't emphasized yet, but I'm sure we'll see it more once training camp and pre-season rolls around
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm curious why the coaching staff allowed him to go 1-11 though. I like this whole empowerment thing, but that can also be a double edged sword. "You told me to keep shooting" That's why I am not too sure about this. I can see that they are trying to get guys to buy in, but this could be dangerous with cocky attitudes and thinking you are better than you are.

It can also lead to A Brown making dumb decisions out there. It's good but also can be bad.
DrumR
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject:

bonkers wrote:
I actually thought DLO found Ingram for a number of wide open 3s off PNR action. Those will end up as assists when Ingram gets adjusted to the NBA 3. What I haven't seen a whole lot of is back cuts. I don't know if that's just something that we haven't emphasized yet, but I'm sure we'll see it more once training camp and pre-season rolls around

I doubt Luke has finished the offense yet. We've only been running basic sets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: