BREAKING NEWS Multiple Officer Shot In Baton Rouge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I can't even believe the gun advocates actually use that as an argument.

It's called an assault rifle, that's it's name, use and purpose. I've got hunting rifles and a side arms for close quarters protection.

I don't own an assault rifle as I don't plan on assaulting anything or ever plan on having to defend myself against some imagined urban attack.

I'm no longer in the military and have no use for military style weaponry.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

It's called an assault rifle, that's it's name, use and purpose. I've got hunting rifles and a side arms for close quarters protection.

I don't own an assault rifle as I don't plan on assaulting anything or ever plan on having to defend myself against some imagined urban attack.

I think most gun owners would care if assault weapons were banned, as long as there was a clear directive that it was as far as any banning would go.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

I think most gun owners would care if assault weapons were banned, as long as there was a clear directive that it was as far as any banning would go.

I think the opposition has to do with keeping anti-gun activists at bay. If you look at a bill on its own, it seems reasonable, but look at all the different bills. There is the assault weapons ban, the handguns bill, and probably a few others. They see it as an incremental gun ban leading towards a total gun ban.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Taco Bell cashier refuses service to police officers in Alabama

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/us/deputies-refused-service-taco-bell-trnd/index.html
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:35 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
Taco Bell cashier refuses service to police officers in Alabama

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/18/us/deputies-refused-service-taco-bell-trnd/index.html

She did them a favor. If any of us knew a server hated us, we would hope to be refused lest anyone wants to wonder if they're eating a bodily excretion of some kind.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Quote:

I think the opposition has to do with keeping anti-gun activists at bay. If you look at a bill on its own, it seems reasonable, but look at all the different bills. There is the assault weapons ban, the handguns bill, and probably a few others. They see it as an incremental gun ban leading towards a total gun ban.

The thing is, assault weapons have been banned before and there was no move to increase the scope.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Sheriff David Clarke goes ham on Don Lemon

Clark loses all credibility when he says that black men aren't treated differently by law enforcement than white men.

It should be pretty obvious that some kind of change needs to be made within law enforcement in this country.

I like the way Lemon handled Clark. The scary part is, Clark seems to really believe what he's saying. He really believes police treat Black men the same way they do White men. He rejects all the polls and surveys saying differently. That's scary and sad.

I would reject all polls and surveys as well, they are typically slanted in one direction. I don't see much from this BLM movement that makes much sense. If their name was Black Lives Matter When There is a High Profile Shooting of a Black Man it would be more accurate. I have yet to see them camp out at Mayor Emanuel's office to protest the thousands of black men deaths in Chicago.

Really??? Do you also reject polls and surveys concerning Donald Trump, guns????

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Well, if you read what you italicized you would have your answer to that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Well, if you read what you italicized you would have your answer to that.

I've read it and don't have a answer. If you don't mind answer, clarify? Yes or No. Do you also reject polls and surveys concerning Donald Trump, guns????

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Sorry you can't figure it out for yourself, I said I reject all polls and surveys. Seems pretty simple and straight forward.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sorry you can't figure it out for yourself, I said I reject all polls and surveys. Seems pretty simple and straight forward.

I'm confused! You responded to Fact Checker. LINK Are you selective in the polls and surveys you reject? Read the article. How many polls, percentages, are used to come to conclusions?

Fact checkers confirm Hillary Clinton is more honest than any of her 2016 opponents

You wrote:
So she is less of a liar than other liars? What a great thing to hang your hat on.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm confused! You responded to Fact Checker. LINK Are you selective in the polls and surveys you reject? Read the article. How many polls, percentages, are used to come to conclusions?

Fact checkers confirm Hillary Clinton is more honest than any of her 2016 opponents

You wrote:
So she is less of a liar than other liars? What a great thing to hang your hat on.

You are confused and there isn't much I can do to change that. I responded to a post in this thread, not to a survey or poll. I didn't read a survey or a poll. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, so time to move on.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You wrote:

You are confused and there isn't much I can do to change that. I responded to a post in this thread, not to a survey or poll. I didn't read a survey or a poll. I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, so time to move on.

A: "I reject all polls and surveys"
B: "But what about THIS poll and survey?"
A: "Umm... I reject ALL polls and surveys."
B: "Yeah... but this one..."
A: "I reject ALL polls and surveys."
B: "Your answer is confusing."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You wrote:

Is saying a place to hang a hat rejecting or not a poll? If so you don't reject ALL surveys and polls. VLF you wrote I reject all polls and surveys. How often is ALL the answer? My confusion is spawned by disbelief. I don't believe you reject ALL polls and surveys. I believe your acceptance or not is selective.

I thought Clarks rejection of polls and surveys was wrong. You said you refejected ALL polls and surveys.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You wrote:

Is saying a place to hang a hat rejecting or not a poll? If so you don't reject ALL surveys and polls. VLF you wrote I reject all polls and surveys. How often is ALL the answer? My confusion is spawned by disbelief. I don't believe you reject ALL polls and surveys. I believe your acceptance or not is selective.

VLF was simply addressing my post. He was not agreeing with the polls I linked to.

Sometimes you gotta know when to quit old man. This is one of them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You wrote:

VLF was simply addressing my post. He was not agreeing with the polls I linked to.

Not this time young man VLF was responding to my saying Clark rejected the finding of polls and surveys. He wrote in response to my saying that I said I reject all polls and surveys. Go back read and separate the responses. Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 pm Post subject:

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You wrote:

Not this time young man VLF was responding to my saying Clark rejected the finding of polls and surveys. He wrote in response to my saying that I said I reject all polls and surveys. Go back read, and separate the responses. Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:50 pm Post subject:

You're posting his response to my post in a failed attempt to point out that he does agree with some polls. His post doesn't agree with the poll results. He just says that regardless if the premise of the poll is correct, he's not impressed with what it allegedly shows.

I know at your age you are staring at mortality, but it won't kill you to admit for once that you are incorrect in your understanding of what is being said - especially when multiple people are pointing out why you should - including someone else who disagrees with VLF.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject:

@DMR
Age has no bearing on right or wrong. I'll not concede to the point I'm correct in making. His response was to my saying Clark disregarded polls and surveys. That's my position. I didn't read your post how does it connect to that?

I wrote:
Quote:
Clark loses all credibility when he says that black men aren't treated differently by law enforcement than white men.

It should be pretty obvious that some kind of change needs to be made within law enforcement in this country.

I like the way Lemon handled Clark. The scary part is, Clark seems to really believe what he's saying. He really believes police treat Black men the same way they do White men. He rejects all the polls and surveys saying differently. That's scary and sad.

VLF wrote:
Quote:
I would reject all polls and surveys as well, they are typically slanted in one direction. I don't see much from this BLM movement that makes much sense. If their name was Black Lives Matter When There is a High Profile Shooting of a Black Man it would be more accurate. I have yet to see them camp out at Mayor Emanuel's office to protest the thousands of black men deaths in Chicago.

EDIT: Don't abuse your HL&TN privilage.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@DMR
Age has no bearing on right or wrong. I'll not concede to the point I'm correct in making. His response was to my saying Clark disregarded polls and surveys. That's my position. I didn't read your post how does it connect to that?

Seriously? You quoted my post and quoted VLF's response to it in an attempt to call VLF out and were incorrect in your interpretation of what VLF said. You need to start reading what you quote - especially if you are going to do so in an attempt to bolster your point.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
@DMR

Seriously? You quoted my post and quoted VLF's response to it in an attempt to call VLF out and were incorrect in your interpretation of what VLF said. You need to start reading what you quote - especially if you are going to do so in an attempt to bolster your point.

I responded to this

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Sheriff David Clarke goes ham on Don Lemon

Really??? Do you also reject polls and surveys concerning Donald Trump, guns????

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I responded to this

You're ignoring this:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

DMR POST: Fact checkers confirm Hillary Clinton is more honest than any of her 2016 opponents

You (BEING VLF)wrote:

Look, I'm hardly the one to cover VLF's back, but you are WAY off the rails on this one.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I responded to this

You're ignoring this:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

DMR POST: Fact checkers confirm Hillary Clinton is more honest than any of her 2016 opponents

You (BEING VLF)wrote:

Look, I'm hardly the one to cover VLF's back, but you are WAY off the rails on this one.

I don't think so. I don't think you're seeing what I'm alluding to. VLF said he rejects ALL polls and surveys. I'm saying he's selecive. Operative ALL.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I responded to this

You're ignoring this:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You (BEING VLF)wrote:

I don't think so. I don't think you're seeing what I'm alluding to. VLF said he rejects ALL polls and surveys. I'm saying he's selecive. Operative ALL.

How the hell would you know? You don't know me. I said what I believe so let it go at that. Making crap up about other posters is a poor way to discuss anything. So just stop it.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I responded to this

You're ignoring this:

jodeke wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You (BEING VLF)wrote:

How the hell would you know? You don't know me. I said what I believe so let it go at that. Making crap up about other posters is a poor way to discuss anything. So just stop it.

You said, "stop it." But what does that really mean? Do you mean to continue or stop? It's very confusing.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Time for everyone to move along. Thanks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: