View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
http://imgur.com/iWF7uNA

one of the officers killed today

Another killer who did time in the military. Someone with a decent enough mind to sound halfway intelligent and thus probably smart enough to be halfway successful in this world, but who wanted to have his noodle blown out and tossed away for a pointless crusade. Social Darwinism and a great deal of concealed self-loathing by the shooters. That's probably more to the point than what their stated excuses were. These two just wanted a reason to cling to that they thought would give them posthumous worth. Inside, they were disturbed individuals, bank on it. Killing a black man really makes a lot of sense, too. Three dead black men, 2 shooters and one cop. I thought the point of the general outrage was the wanton disregard for black lives. I think the message is getting cloudy of late. I credit the President for trying his best, but unfortunately, I don't see what will help extract us from these incidents going forward. I don't wanna imagine how bleeped up we'd be with Trump if this is what's going on after 8 yrs with Obama in charge.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
If all hell breaks out at a mall and I am carrying I will be able to protect my family. If I'm not carrying the perps have the advantage. I understand corps not wanting arms on their grounds but locations open to public we should be allowed.

You've seen The Purge and zombie flicks where they take over a mall, right?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
999 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CNN reporting there may be more than one shooter. Also the weapon used may be an assault rifle. I don't think there should be a ban on guns. I do think there should be one on assault weapons.

they make hand guns with the same type of fire of power

Name one hand gun that can fire 25 rounds in 2.5 seconds.

Name the Assault weapon currently available to the US Public that can do the same. Full auto weapons are basically illegal in the USA.

LINK
Quote:
Jon Davis, Marine Corps weapons instructor
19.7k Views · Upvoted by Chris Everett, gun owner, extensive knowledge in technical and legal issues related to guns. and Jeff Wilson, Former Marine and FFL dealer
Most Viewed Writer in Military Technology with 30+ answers
The fastest, I mean fastest I have seen an AR-15 shoot is 25 rounds in 2.5 seconds. That was due to the use of a slide stock, which causes the weapon’s recoil to allow the shooter to depress and press the trigger without stopping, allowing a semi-automatic weapon to fire as if it were an automatic. The video explains why this is such a unique and extraordinary weapons accessory.
AR-15's are available and can be modified.

The full auto fallacy. As if it matters that you "only" put another round out in less than a second between each one in semi-auto. A F'er just killed 49 people on semi a month ago, proving that semi is no less effective than fully automatic in reality. The big picture is the ammo and the speed and accuracy from a longer, rifled barrel. The rounds cause huge cavitation and tumble inside the body. It doesn't make any difference if you were hit on automatic or semi-automatic. I can't even believe the gun advocates actually use that as an argument.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject:

This happening way too frequent. God Bless all involved. Prayers and Condolences to the families.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject:

Sheriff David Clarke goes ham on Don Lemon

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:35 am    Post subject:

"Black police showin out for the white cop"

---ice cube
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:54 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

---ice cube

Was this guy showing out for white cops?

fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:26 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
999 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
CNN reporting there may be more than one shooter. Also the weapon used may be an assault rifle. I don't think there should be a ban on guns. I do think there should be one on assault weapons.

they make hand guns with the same type of fire of power

Name one hand gun that can fire 25 rounds in 2.5 seconds.

Name the Assault weapon currently available to the US Public that can do the same. Full auto weapons are basically illegal in the USA.

LINK
Quote:
Jon Davis, Marine Corps weapons instructor
19.7k Views · Upvoted by Chris Everett, gun owner, extensive knowledge in technical and legal issues related to guns. and Jeff Wilson, Former Marine and FFL dealer
Most Viewed Writer in Military Technology with 30+ answers
The fastest, I mean fastest I have seen an AR-15 shoot is 25 rounds in 2.5 seconds. That was due to the use of a slide stock, which causes the weapon’s recoil to allow the shooter to depress and press the trigger without stopping, allowing a semi-automatic weapon to fire as if it were an automatic. The video explains why this is such a unique and extraordinary weapons accessory.
AR-15's are available and can be modified.

The full auto fallacy. As if it matters that you "only" put another round out in less than a second between each one in semi-auto. A F'er just killed 49 people on semi a month ago, proving that semi is no less effective than fully automatic in reality. The big picture is the ammo and the speed and accuracy from a longer, rifled barrel. The rounds cause huge cavitation and tumble inside the body. It doesn't make any difference if you were hit on automatic or semi-automatic. I can't even believe the gun advocates actually use that as an argument.

Yup. If anything, they probably kill less people with a full auto between the bad aiming and the ammo wastage.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:26 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Conker wrote:
Make gun purchases expensive.
guns are easy to get. Retail only hinders the responsible. We should all be able to carry. If all hell breaks out at a mall and I am carrying I will be able to protect my family. If I'm not carrying the perps have the advantage. I understand corps not wanting arms on their grounds but locations open to public we should be allowed.

What we are seeing is the new norm. The gun convo is moving in wrong direction. The dialogue should be Americans being able to protect themselves.

If all hell breaks out at a mall and you're carrying you'll get shot by the police along with the actual shooter.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject:

It cold be a long hot summer it appears.

For a variety of social and I would argue, economic reasons....people are on edge worldwide and this is about as volatile a mood as I can recall in the US and I am not a spring chicken.

My hope is that people can come together rather than divide apart, it is almost like we "need" a national cause like a war, natural disaster, etc. to really pull people together.

What is happening with the police violence against citizens and now the backlash back vs. the police needs to stop, we need to get past this point as a society.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:44 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

Yup. If anything, they probably kill less people with a full auto between the bad aiming and the ammo wastage.

Yep. Muzzle climb is lower than with an AK, but it's still there. With an AK, the accuracy dip in full automatic Hollywood hellfire is not even debated.

As far as handguns go, I think of a snake analogy. The venomous snake lobby would argue that rattlesnakes and cobras are BOTH venomous, but the fact is one kind is much more deadly than the other by its very nature. To quote Dr. Lecter, "Of each individual thing, what is it in itself...what is its natuuuure, (Clarisse)?" When people reply to the long gun debate with, "Oh, handguns...", they still don't compare to the inherent nature of ARs/AKs and their ammo. It's even more disingenuous than if someone argued with them that all handguns are the same. The handguns wielded by that VA Tech mope with the imaginary girlfriend named "Jelly" were NOT 6 shot ankle revolvers. He had a 9 mm Glock with multiple 15 round mags. Higher muzzle velocity and more stopping power than a .38. I've said this before, police and FBI discontinued use of .38 caliber rounds because their stopping power can't be trusted to put down an armed perp on the first shot. Jelly boy would've killed fewer people with Smith & Wesson revolvers that he had to reload than he did with a Glock and 15 shot mags.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject:

:o
So I was just looking up the murder of Kelly Thomas on youtube and wikipedia

Anonymous the hacking group could be a useful ally in this problem. Anonymous could do to every case what they did to this one

Start posting the Judges and jurors and officers personal addresses after they are found not guilty of murdering a citizen... sounds like the beginning of a Purge movie
----------
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Kelly_Thomas#Anonymous_response
Quote:
Anonymous response

In August 2011, the Internet activist group Anonymous demanded that the officers involved be prosecuted, the Fullerton Police Chief resign, and that Thomas's family be awarded US$5 million in compensation; they threatened to shut down the Fullerton municipal website if their demands were not met.[76] In January 2014, after the police officers involved were acquitted, Anonymous released their personal addresses,[77] as well as the identities of the jurors.[78] On January 18 and 19, Anonymous took down several websites belonging to or run by Fullerton police and municipality.[78][79]
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Back when 9/11 happened some female politician asked
"we need to find out why these people are so mad at us"

she was called every horrible unpatriotic name in the book...

^^this could make change.. yes.. but will it be positive or negative for black folks as a whole

It should be positive. IMO the recent police shootings are because Black folks are being killed with no consequences. It may cause some consequences for those abusing under the color of blue.

Or, since we know society puts cops lives a million times ahead of the citizens who pay their checks.. this could really cloud the bad things the cops do and they all rally around each other..

When they murdered Kelly Thomas I expected other cops from around the nation to stand up and fight for that citizens life and rights and to destroy the horrible humans who murdered him.. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO none of them stood up..

The Blue Line .

I just thought about something.. we need cameras in the streets to protect us from the police.. hmm

Persons Of Interest?

Cameras won't make a difference if those on top don't hold their charges accountable.

Just reading the wiki page for the murder of kelly thomas and see this

Quote:
In January 2014, after the police officers involved were acquitted

for those who don't know or remember the kelly thomas murder
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/07/05/four-year-anniversary-of-the-murder-of-kelly-thomas-still-no-justice/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:23 am    Post subject:

So I was just looking up the murder of Kelly Thomas on youtube and wikipedia

Anonymous the hacking group could be a useful ally in this problem. Anonymous could do to every case what they did to this one

Start posting the Judges and jurors and officers personal addresses after they are found not guilty of murdering a citizen... sounds like the beginning of a Purge movie

And why would advocate that? What useful purpose does that information serve other than to provide access to people who intend to continue the cycle of violence?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:50 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

---ice cube

No but to blame BLM movement for all the uprising against law enforcement is absurd.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:54 am    Post subject:

999 wrote:

---ice cube

It affects me that Trayvon Martin and Castille and so many others were so callously treated/killed, no matter what the issue. Walter Scott and Eric Garner are despicable murders. This stuff doesn't escape my sensitivity......And it's not puzzling why facts and caveats are subbed for brevity. It's easy to do, happens all the time. Page 6 retractions seldom change the initial narrative even when it's wrong. Still it's lazy by media especially to make Zimmerman and Jeronimo Yanez convenient Caucasians. This is too important a subject to portray without accuracy. There were black officers involved in Freddie Gray's death, half of the 6 officers charged, including the driver.

CNN will yack all day long with huge panels, but they won't touch that with a 10 foot pole. They shape opinions with selective coverage that has a strong liberal bent. I'm a liberal and I don't even want them to do that when it flies in the face of hard truth, critical analyses and solid reporting. Murrow and Cronkite are dead, but cmon. CNN is supposed to be anti-Faux News, but Larry Wilmore was right about them in his WH speech. As far as Don Lemon goes, for some reason, he gets a load of unnecessary abuse from fellow black commentors who take a page from the Bernie bros. I've seen him called a "Tom" or a phony in general even though he's demonstrably on the side of his own people. I don't know if he's expected to be angrier than he's capable of being. He's just not that way. He mentioned how he's treated recently on social media only a couple of weeks ago. Talib Qweli, a rapper protesting in Ferguson, basically cast him in that light on live remote. I'm sure Don remembered that and he's probably understandably sensitive to that old tired accusation.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject:

Open carry in some states is crazy. Older article about a white man open carry AR 15 in airport. Seriously.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-law-allows-man-to-carry-loaded-assault-rifle-through-atlanta-airport-im-not-scaring-anybody-20150604-story.html
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject:

Clarke's conduct validates a hidden fear held by many on the sidelines of this issue ... even the most articulate, capable member of the LEO community is hostile, brimming with righteous indignation at the suggestion that law enforcement should carry any real accountability for its actions, and perfectly comfortable shoving his/her imperious personality down the throat of anyone who dares to challenge his/her oligarchical station.

This guy, thankfully, doesn't represent most members of law enforcement. Those who do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Those who don't leave their homes each morning looking to pick a fight or settle a score. Those who don't knowingly make false statements in police reports and in court. Those who have chosen their careers in an effort to improve the conditions of their communities. And those who think and follow proper training before extra-judiciously taking the life of another.

No, this guy is a straight-up douchebag. He didn't need to embarrass himself on CNN to prove that point. And he doesn't need to be a speaker at the RNC Convention this week to prove that point either ...

Last edited by the association on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject:

Officer Jackson's blog a week before his death was powerful and wistful. He struggled internally with being a cop and a black American man. He appealed to others to assess his "content of character" (and that of other police, regardless of race, who do right by the communities they patrol). Alton Sterling's mother was distressed at that interloper coming from Missery to blot out her message from the news. When you lose a loved one to gun violence, you seem to shun more violence. She sounds emotionally wrought, understandably. Reminds me of RFK going off the grid after his brother was killed. It hurts her to think of more kids and families losing their fathers. Then again, she's an adult and a woman/mother and not a typically ineffectual young male killer who has no responsibility to others. If you think I'm implying that women are the better half of the species, then you're right, but that's another thread. The shooter alluded to himself as a "real one". As said many times: Keepin it real = reeeeal dumb (credit Chris Rock).
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject:

Clark loses all credibility when he says that black men aren't treated differently by law enforcement than white men.

It should be pretty obvious that some kind of change needs to be made within law enforcement in this country.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

Clark loses all credibility when he says that black men aren't treated differently by law enforcement than white men.

It should be pretty obvious that some kind of change needs to be made within law enforcement in this country.

I like the way Lemon handled Clark. The scary part is, Clark seems to really believe what he's saying. He really believes police treat Black men the same way they do White men. He rejects all the polls and surveys saying differently. That's scary and sad.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject:

one of the officers killed today

I shouldn't of clicked on that. .....
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
Open carry in some states is crazy. Older article about a white man open carry AR 15 in airport. Seriously.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-law-allows-man-to-carry-loaded-assault-rifle-through-atlanta-airport-im-not-scaring-anybody-20150604-story.html

Here is a video showing the police response to a white man openly carrying vs a black man open carrying.

Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:

Yup, and they're about to trot him out at the RNC.

Last edited by Huey Lewis & The News on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:

I like the way Lemon handled Clark. The scary part is, Clark seems to really believe what he's saying. He really believes police treat Black men the same way they do White men. He rejects all the polls and surveys saying differently. That's scary and sad.

I would reject all polls and surveys as well, they are typically slanted in one direction. I don't see much from this BLM movement that makes much sense. If their name was Black Lives Matter When There is a High Profile Shooting of a Black Man it would be more accurate. I have yet to see them camp out at Mayor Emanuel's office to protest the thousands of black men deaths in Chicago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: