Media members voted for All-Summer League teams, leaving off D’Angelo Russell (22 ppg, 6R, 4A, LAL 3-1 when played).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell - Love Me or Hate Me:
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
. I don't know what Russell lacks for you to think he's not a potential all star.

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing
Lack of blow by ability off the dribble
Overall strength/athleticism

I don't understand assigning potential All Star status to player with the above weaknesses.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
. I don't know what Russell lacks for you to think he's not a potential all star.

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

I don't understand assigning potential All Star status to player with the above weaknesses.

Too bad Luke feels differently.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject:

underdogsgv wrote:
Jaylen Brown shot 32% overall and he's on that list? lol.

Drew a ton of fouls. Got to the foul line a bunch. When you are getting the line ALOT, it basically means you are a physical mismatch for the teams you are going against. They can't contain you. And that is what the media saw with him, and probably the reason they put him on the All Summer team.
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Too bad Luke feels differently.

The majority on here and respected analysts as well. He's just a Russell hater/didn't draft my guy guy. Weak and lazy.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:

Drew a ton of fouls. Got to the foul line a bunch. When you are getting the line ALOT, it basically means you are a physical mismatch for the teams you are going against. They can't contain you. And that is what the media saw with him, and probably the reason they put him on the All Summer team.

I wouldn't say Lou Williams is a "physical mismatch" for teams. It just means you're a pinball seeking out bumpers.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:

I wouldn't say Lou Williams is a "physical mismatch" for teams. It just means you're a pinball seeking out bumpers.

Jaylen Brown's not pinballing off anyone. He's 6'7 225 and one of the few college freshmen to come out with an NBA body.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:

Jaylen Brown's not pinballing off anyone. He's 6'7 225 and one of the few college freshmen to come out with an NBA body.

He does not have an NBA jump shot, but he didn't have a NCAA PAC 12 jump shot either.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:

He's one of the guys who does well in summer league because of the tight whistles. Just throws himself in there. Doesn't shoot or finish particularly well.
evetssteve10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Too bad at least 3 of those at minimum are bogus
"Bryant has been the second best player in the NBA for over a decade, but the number 1 player changes every other year. Somehow the number 1 player always seems to fall down the list but Kobe just never moves up. ". The Art of Hating Kobe Bryant
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
underdogsgv wrote:

Too bad he didn't do a damn thing at Cal and the Celtics are going to completely regret not taking Dunn over Brown.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Hell, even Steph doesn't have 3 of those 4 "requirements", so he MUST be a (bleep) scrub.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

I don't understand....

FIFY
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

He is just 20, had some 30+pts among pros, has a good length for a guard and is a pretty good shooter for his age. A agree about most of your concerns, but they are correctable, he has showed legit strengths for someone his age so I believe it is not fair making a statment about his lack of all star potential the same way it is precipitate calling him a sure future superstar this early.

He is doing pretty well for a 20 years old player and the main point is that he is improving fast, we can't ask for anything else at this stage.
JH from Hemet
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

I disagree.....but you are entitled to your opinion
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Okafor is like one of those horrible movies with a cult following....I don't understand how anyone can get hung up on a draft pick or free agent signing. I mean I was fairly upset over a recent FA signing, but I was mostly over it a week later, and god help me if it still bothers me by the time summer camp starts.
Alexisonfire26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The hate is real

Lakers, Rams, Giants, UCLA, Galaxy, Everton, USMNT
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Gotta be lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Okafor is like one of those horrible movies with a cult following....I don't understand how anyone can get hung up on a draft pick or free agent signing. I mean I was fairly upset over a recent FA signing, but I was mostly over it a week later, and god help me if it still bothers me by the time summer camp starts.

Once a young player puts on the Lakers jersey I don't understand how some people actively root for failure of the player
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:
This is why we need to rally behind our boy D'angelo instead of hating on him like some people do. Don't be swayed by the media because the media wants to hate him. They want him to fail. They will do anything in their power to make that happen so they can say "told you so"

So long as he's a Laker, not sure why any Lakers fan should hate the kid. I don't understand it at all.

Outside of the Nick Young incident, no reason really.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Didn't even see anybody bring up Okafor except the two of you...
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Plaza234 wrote:
ahaider wrote:

On the ball defense
Ball Handling / Passing

Okafor guy eh?

Once a young player puts on the Lakers jersey I don't understand how some people actively root for failure of the player

Why is critiquing the players seen as rooting for them to fail? It's not. It's simply stating a basketball opinion based on how a person views the player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Because Ive seen your posts and you constantly refuse to contextualize his age, the situation he was under in his first year, etc. you act as if he has 1-2 years to become who he is and that's that.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Because Ive seen your posts and you constantly refuse to contextualize his age, the situation he was under in his first year, etc. you act as if he has 1-2 years to become who he is and that's that.

That's my opinion on most players who lack athletic ability. They are who they are. People get way too carried away with what Steph Curry did thinking that any average joe can just become the most skilled player in the game and beat everyone thru pure skill. It simply does not happen. He's an anomaly. He's a freak in that way. Nobody like him before, nobody like him since.

Has Andre Miller really changed much from when he started? How about Chauncey Billups? Manu Ginobbili. These guys that aren't that athletic, don't really change up or improve their games. Maybe some become better shooters. But everything else - they are what they are.

Look at James Harden. His game really has not changed much other than more usage since starting in OKC. He's always had that big body that can, while not being very quick, can burrow past defenders off the dribble. He's always had that. In fact, he may have gotten less athletic now than when he came into the league.

There just is not that big development curve for non-athletic players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: