Stephen A Smith: "D'Angelo will never be trusted again." Well, Melo didn't get the memo.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RJ 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Stephen A Smith: "D'Angelo will never be trusted again." Well, Melo didn't get the memo.

https://twitter.com/darintellect/status/755956752533876736

Beautiful to see Melo mentoring our younger players just as Kobe mentored him when he was a younger cat.

Too bad everyone hates D'Angelo.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject:

Everytime I see Draymond he always has this derp look on his face.

!...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject:

Mad respect.

Stephen A is paid to overreact so people shouldn't put a lot of stock into what he said.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Caption this pic: "And remember kid, snitches get stitches."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/carmelo-anthony-featured-in-drug-video

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject:

can we talk about the fact that this fool apologized on twitter after doing all the extraness

Quote:
Stephen A SmithVerified account ‏@stephenasmith Apr 1
I was a tad bit WRONG about @dloading. It seems to be clear it was a joke gone bad.

couldnt eem put it on the show
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject:

ESPN tries to generate ratings by fabricating stories. Lou even called their journalism shameful when they said he wouldn't pass Russell the ball in practice. In fact, it's not even journalism when you have to resort to making things up to suit your narrative. Chad Ford and Stephen A. Smith are the worst of the worst. Both are only employed because they are good at generating controversy out of nothing.

I'm glad they are losing viewers. They really deserve it.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
can we talk about the fact that this fool apologized on twitter after doing all the extraness

Quote:
I was a tad bit WRONG about @dloading. It seems to be clear it was a joke gone bad.

Figures (but he posted that on April 1 so next time he needs to berate DLO he can say this was an April Fools tweet )
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Team USA experience is gonna help further the development of the young players.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

Quote:

Stephen A: "Turns out I'm a useless (bleep)"...
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject:

I actually like Stephen A most of the time but these hot takes have got to go.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Why would anyone still watch ESPiN?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Wait, people still watch ESPiN?

The alternatives for sports programming are pretty meager. ESPN still rules the roost by a vast margin. Below is a link to a 2013 article that sums it up, and most of this information still holds true. 2x bigger than all others rivals combined ...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/espn-is-still-2x-bigger-than-every-other-cable-sports-network-combined/281607/
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

If I had to guess I'd say Melo is telling him to not care about the noise and focus on his game. Doesn't seem like they're talking about basketball.
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

I just thought of something... when did everybody here stop calling it BSPN??
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Melo has zero rings. Why would DLo take advice from him unless DLo wants to end up just like Melo: being a ballhog on offense and never play any defense, ends up being an overpriced player on a mediocre team cuz the team traded away their future to acquire him. If that's the future he wants, then sure listen to Melo's advice.

Free_Kobe wrote:

I've never stopped. It's slow time during the summer so they haven't much BS to post lately.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The alternatives for sports programming are pretty meager. ESPN still rules the roost by a vast margin. Below is a link to a 2013 article that sums it up, and most of this information still holds true. 2x bigger than all others rivals combined ...

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/11/espn-is-still-2x-bigger-than-every-other-cable-sports-network-combined/281607/

Plenty of individual online content thats 100x more enjoyable.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Why would anyone still watch ESPiN?

To look at Jalen Rose"s wife Molly Qerim
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Melo has zero rings. Why would DLo take advice from him unless DLo wants to end up just like Melo: being a ballhog on offense and never play any defense, ends up being an overpriced player on a mediocre team cuz the team traded away their future to acquire him. If that's the future he wants, then sure listen to Melo's advice.

Free_Kobe wrote:

I've never stopped. It's slow time during the summer so they haven't much BS to post lately.

Lol really ? He shoudn't listen to Melo because the guy has 0 ring ? That's crazy. Melo is a great and established player in this league, D'Lo can learn a lot from him wether it is about basketball or how to handle real life situations.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Free_Kobe wrote:

Lol really ? He shoudn't listen to Melo because the guy has 0 ring ? That's crazy. Melo is a great and established player in this league, D'Lo can learn a lot from him wether it is about basketball or how to handle real life situations.

Yep. As great as Kobe is he's probably ring less if the best player he ever played with was a past prime Billups.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
the association wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

And the choice of words makes perfect sense to me ... "enjoyable" ... it seems that your priority is content that you find entertaining, with maybe a bit of spectacle on the side, but above all else ... content that aligns with your existing views. I make that observation because individuals generally enjoy being "right". And individuals generally don't enjoy being "wrong". I like being "right", too, but I'm elsewhere (i.e., ESPN and various other platforms) for content rooted in facts and reality, whether I agree with the views or not.

It's actually similar to competing views on players, which often seems to make no sense. Some individuals actually believe that a twisting, turning fadeaway 23 footer with three players draped over the shooter, who then proceeds to miss the shot for the loss is a better, more enjoyable basketball moment than that same player finding the open man standing under the basket for an easy layup for the win. As we've seen, logic loses to opinion too often ...

ESPN is an 800 pound gorilla ... maybe someone will take them down one day, but that day doesn't seem to be today.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:25 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
The Grind wrote:
the association wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

And the choice of words makes perfect sense to me ... "enjoyable" ...it seems that your priority is content that you find entertaining, with maybe a bit of spectacle on the side, but above all else ... content that aligns with your existing views. I make that observation because individuals generally enjoy being "right". And individuals generally don't enjoy being "wrong". I like being "right", too, but I'm elsewhere (i.e., ESPN and various other platforms) for content rooted in facts and reality, whether I agree with the views or not.

It's actually similar to competing views on players, which often seems to make no sense. Some individuals actually believe that a twisting, turning fadeaway 23 footer with three players draped over the shooter, who then proceeds to miss the shot for the loss is a better, more enjoyable basketball moment than that same player finding the open man standing under the basket for an easy layup for the win. As we've seen, logic loses to opinion too often ...

ESPN is an 800 pound gorilla ... maybe someone will take them down one day, but that day doesn't seem to be today.

I think you just summed up ESPN perfectly. Glorified traveling circus.

As far as my desire for exploring different content, that stems more from me being fed up with the status-quo/ESPN. I like to be in tune with the different public opinions rather than the (not-so)infallible consensus of the "pundits".
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

ESPN sucks. Stephen A. Smith sucks.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject:

DAngelo is trying to improve the image and it looks like guys like Melo are stepping in now to help him learn with Kobe gone.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:57 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

True but that isolates just viewership, not necessarily coverage.

http://deadspin.com/this-photo-of-john-wall-will-probably-get-more-viewers-1757330648

This is article makes some good points. ESPN's saturation into homes isn't necessarily that much higher than it's competitors (78% vs 72/71 for FS1 and NBC Sports respectively) but it manages to annihilate them in ratings though. I think the short of it is these hot takes ARE what the public wants. Heck, their biggest show is two mouth pieces screaming at each other with their hot takes. There's alternative content out there. They're unfortunately not getting the eyeballs.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject:

SAS is an ass... DLO will be fine.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: