There's an eerie silence in the front office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Maybe you are right, and I'm not gonna argue, I just think Lakers are always up to something cause of there brand and there determined continuation of success...

Here is the reality that you continue to ignore:

* They owe some draft picks, so they are somewhat limited in the options available to do major trades.

* The young players (Black, Ingram, Clarkson, Nance, Russell, Brown etc) have limited experience

* The veterans such as Deng, Lou, Mozgov, Calderon and Huertas aren't stars.

* Nick Young could be stretch waived before training camp.

The Brand and determined continuation of success aren't things that Mitch can add to a trade when the other team asks for his best offer for a star player.
lifelong9er
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers are going to make another trade I doubt that it will be for a player that has a significant impact on the court. I could see them keeping their options open in case a situation develops in which, for whatever reason, a team wants to dump a contract. Much like what they did in the Calderon deal. They didn't trade for Calderon, they traded for his expiring contract and the draft picks that came with him.
cinimod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject:

lifelong9er wrote:
If the Lakers are going to make another trade I doubt that it will be for a player that has a significant impact on the court. I could see them keeping their options open in case a situation develops in which, for whatever reason, a team wants to dump a contract. Much like what they did in the Calderon deal. They didn't trade for Calderon, they traded for his expiring contract and the draft picks that came with him.

they did the same thing with Jeremy Lin from Houston and Indiana with Hibbert to a lesser degree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: