There's an eerie silence in the front office
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

I think WB finishes out his contract in OKC unless ownership forces a trade, trying to get value where they otherwise would have to watch him walk away. I doubt WB has any inclination to extend in order to make the trade more attractive. That just weakens any team he'd get traded to, then locks him in. He gets a real nice contract next summer with the rising salary cap so why would Westbrook extend the current contract? He also gets his choice of teams if he leaves his options open by not extending his contract. Why does anyone think Westbrook is not going to be a free agent next year?

If he wants to be a Laker we can wait a year and give up nobody to get him. If he doesn't want to be a Laker we can wait a year and avoid throwing our rebuild in the trash for a one year rental.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:58 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I think WB finishes out his contract in OKC unless ownership forces a trade, trying to get value where they otherwise would have to watch him walk away. I doubt WB has any inclination to extend in order to make the trade more attractive. That just weakens any team he'd get traded to, then locks him in. He gets a real nice contract next summer with the rising salary cap so why would Westbrook extend the current contract? He also gets his choice of teams if he leaves his options open by not extending his contract. Why does anyone think Westbrook is not going to be a free agent next year?

If he wants to be a Laker we can wait a year and give up nobody to get him. If he doesn't want to be a Laker we can wait a year and avoid throwing our rebuild in the trash for a one year rental.

I don't think Im the only one who thinks about the visions of Jim thinking getting WB might save his job, if we trade for him now we will know who was behind it, I also cringe at the thought of throwing away the future for WB.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

I don't think Im the only one who thinks about the visions of Jim thinking getting WB might save his job, if we trade for him now we will know who was behind it, I also cringe at the thought of throwing away the future for WB.

Personally I don't think Jim's role is in jeopardy, I think that's a lot of bluster that the press just loves to keep alive. They could shift some titles around to say they did something if it's a low-progress year but he'll still be an owner and he'll ask Mitch the same questions. Perhaps they'd elevate Ryan West a bit but they should anyhow. IMO of course...
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject:

Just wait till NEXT summer 2017, that's when we start competing.

WB = in his absolute prime, 28 years old by the start of next season.

DLO = 3rd year, border line all star stats, adds 15 lbs of muscle. a 6'5 210 James Harden combo guard, a better shooter and plays D.

Ingram = 2nd year, hopefully 20 lbs stronger.

Randle = 4th year, break out season. Baby Z-Bo in his 4th season.

Zubac = 2nd year, double double guy, a 20 year old Marc Gasol.

50 win team under Walton.

Last edited by krisobe on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

Personally I don't think Jim's role is in jeopardy, I think that's a lot of bluster that the press just loves to keep alive. They could shift some titles around to say they did something if it's a low-progress year but he'll still be an owner and he'll ask Mitch the same questions. Perhaps they'd elevate Ryan West a bit but they should anyhow. IMO of course...

I'm hopeful that if Jim were to push, Mitch would make a threat to leave a la Jerry West when he refused to go along with trading Worthy for Mark Aguirre & I believe Tarpley.

It's real clear that a year of seasoning for our core youth, in addition to the recent USA Men's team for Randle, Russell, and Ingram, will only benefit us in attracting a stud for our stable.

Last edited by LakerDYnasty72 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Remembering Showtime wrote:
big zuubs signed a 3 year deal already. Its only ingram, black and huertas who theyre waiting on.

And the Lakers can release the qualifying offers on Black and Huertas to create even more cap space.

Pretty sure they've already agreed to actual contracts with those guys?

Verbally, which doesn't count against the cap.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

zePokar wrote:
I'd be sad to lose D'Lo but D'Angelo for WB straight up is a steal, lakers won't ever pass that up though OKC doesn't make that deal anyway.

Actually I take that back. Forgot that he was a FA next season so yeah, not trading for WB.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dood23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Remembering Showtime wrote:
big zuubs signed a 3 year deal already. Its only ingram, black and huertas who theyre waiting on.

And the Lakers can release the qualifying offers on Black and Huertas to create even more cap space.

Pretty sure they've already agreed to actual contracts with those guys?

Verbally, which doesn't count against the cap.

If they are saving flexibility for another move then we should know very soon.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Sadly, for whatever reason, the title of this thread put a tired Herman's Hermits song in my head ("There's A Kind of Hush")

Keeps reminding me of "The Sounds of Silence.."

Hello Westbrook my old friend...
We've come to trade for you again..

Good one
Agent P
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Sadly, for whatever reason, the title of this thread put a tired Herman's Hermits song in my head ("There's A Kind of Hush")

Keeps reminding me of "The Sounds of Silence.."

Hello Westbrook my old friend...
We've come to trade for you again..

Good one

now I'm singing it
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject:

This is in regards to a WB trade or another big move...

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/status/757251640088989696

Im still interested to find out who we get if another team wants to dump there player for a pending trade or signing.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I don't foresee anything big happening this summer, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised to hear some BREAKING NEWS involving us.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject:

my buttcheeks is silent but that dont mean it wont fart soon.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
my buttcheeks is silent but that dont mean it wont fart soon.

Brother, if they're coming from the cheeks and not the hole, you might should see a gastroenterologist.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:31 am    Post subject:

There are Two and I do mean only TWO (2) players who could make a significant impact on this team right now and turn the franchise around via a Trade. Those two guys are:
Russell Westbrook and Demarcus Cousins.
Cousins has 2 years left on his deal and maybe he might get moved but more likely not. Westbrook, will play to the trade deadline especially if the team doesn't do well, then he will ask to be traded. If he ask the question, he could possibly come to the Lakers, but we'd definitely be giving up either Russell, Clarkson, Randle or Ingram...
We should wait to get him when he's a free agent.

So in essence, I believe that the FO is looking to make a deal, but I also believe it's simply just not much noise because they are trying to find a deal worth making. They have to rid themselves of young and it's important to not let him walk and we continue to pay him without something in return.
My guess is he will get sent to a team like Milwaukee for Greg Monroe or a similar type deal. Anything involving Young alone probably won't return us a superstar...

Our team could look like this next year:
Russell Westbrook/Jose Calderon
DeAngelo Russell/Jordan Clarkson
Luol Deng/Brandon Ingram/Anthony Brown
Julius Randle/Larry Nance Jr./Tarik Black
Timofey Mozgov/Ivica Zubac

Not to mention other big name free agent targets next season...
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:18 am    Post subject:

I have a theory about front office's silence. The reason is called vacation something that usually happens after a period of hard work
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

All front offices are silent right now. Free agency is essentially over and folks are on vacation.

Black and Ingram haven't signed their contracts because it gives the Lakers some cap flexibility in case there's an opportunity to be involved in a trade in some capacity. Not that they are definitely doing it, but just in case. It doesn't hurt anyone to wait until the last minute to finalize things with Black and Ingram.

Of course, that's only speculation based on reason and rationale, but if it makes anyone feel better, we can go with wild speculation about Mitch, Jerry and Ryan West and Luke hanging out together at Staples Center last night.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
All front offices are silent right now. Free agency is essentially over and folks are on vacation.

Black and Ingram haven't signed their contracts because it gives the Lakers some cap flexibility in case there's an opportunity to be involved in a trade in some capacity. Not that they are definitely doing it, but just in case. It doesn't hurt anyone to wait until the last minute to finalize things with Black and Ingram.

Of course, that's only speculation based on reason and rationale, but if it makes anyone feel better, we can go with wild speculation about Mitch, Jerry and Ryan West and Luke hanging out together at Staples Center last night.

I think Lakers are usually up to something compared to other teams cause of there heavy attention as a franchise... so I don't think it will be surprising if something were to happen out of the moon.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject:

They are no more or less up to something than any other team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
They are no more or less up to something than any other team.

Maybe, but they are always the most determined to make moves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

I think Lakers are usually up to something compared to other teams cause of there heavy attention as a franchise... so I don't think it will be surprising if something were to happen out of the moon.

This is the type of non sequitur word salad that you need to stop. No, the Lakers aren't busier because they are more prominent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

This is the type of non sequitur word salad that you need to stop. No, the Lakers aren't busier because they are more prominent.

But I think Mitch might moon someone.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject:

Kobe 2.0 has been resurrected for real.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Maybe you are right, and I'm not gonna argue, I just think Lakers are always up to something cause of there brand and there determined continuation of success...

But if that makes you upset then I will this debate slide.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:

Maybe you are right, and I'm not gonna argue, I just think Lakers are always up to something cause of there brand and there determined continuation of success...

But if that makes you upset then I will this debate slide.

Not the penguin slide?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: