Picking the starting five and second unit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think Luke cares about Byron Scott's rotation choices. Nance was a better player last year imo, and seems to have made large strides in his game. We will see if Randle can beat him out. Defense, shooting, IQ all favor Nance.

And Luke understands team chemistry. He knows how hard Jules works and how much of a vocal leader he is. The last thing he wants to do is cram Nance Jr (who could care less about starting) into the starting lineup just b/c he can hit a few jumpers and doesn't iso (probably b/c he can't).

I think you miss the team chemistry angle here big time. Perhaps Jules will be given tough competition and his minutes won't be guaranteed, but I still think he will win out the PF spot.

i havent seen or heard about this. how much truth is there to this?
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think Luke cares about Byron Scott's rotation choices. Nance was a better player last year imo, and seems to have made large strides in his game. We will see if Randle can beat him out. Defense, shooting, IQ all favor Nance.

And Luke understands team chemistry. He knows how hard Jules works and how much of a vocal leader he is. The last thing he wants to do is cram Nance Jr (who could care less about starting) into the starting lineup just b/c he can hit a few jumpers and doesn't iso (probably b/c he can't).

I think you miss the team chemistry angle here big time. Perhaps Jules will be given tough competition and his minutes won't be guaranteed, but I still think he will win out the PF spot.

i havent seen or heard about this. how much truth is there to this?

Luke was on Shaq's 'big podcast' recently and Shaq asked who luke thinks will take on a leadership role.. Luke said Dlo was fantastic leading vocally in practices, also staying late and arriving early getting work in. also said he hasn't spent enough time around Randle but he thinks randle definately has leadership qualities, also that he hopes 1 or 2 of the vets would step up to be a leader as well....tldr: Didn't mention Randle as a vocal leader, but stated he had leadership qualities and thinks he may take on a leader role
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: