Picking the starting five and second unit?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I think Luke can establish a solid 10 man rotation with all the depth we have...

Russell/Clarkson/Calderon
Clarkson/Lou/Russell
Deng/Ingram
Randle/Deng/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Huertas and Brown better work on their suit game. And as far as Zuboc, hopefully he can absorb as much knowledge as he can and continue developing physically.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:28 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Starters:
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Randle
Mozgov

Bench:
Calderon
Lou
Ingram
Nance
Black

Lineup to close out games:
Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Deng
Nance Jr/Randle

Like this
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I don't get the "slowly breaking in" mentality. If a player shows enough in practice and preseason to be a starter, then he should be the starter. I don't get why we have to wait one season or half a season to make that determintation. Guys like Porzingis, KAT and Wiggins were all thrown into the fire and started their entire rookie season and did great. I don't see why Ingram and Zubac couldn't do the same.

I think from my own point of view, that a lot of it has to do with the physicality of the player. Someone like Brandon Ingram, has all the talent in the world, but maybe not physically ready to compete night in and night out. Some come in ready for big minutes right away. Others need some time to break in. I think case by case basis for each player to see if they are ready to handle both the mental and physical pace of the NBA.

Now if they prove to be ready, go for it, give them big minutes. But I think that both Ingram and Zubac both should be brought up a bit more on the slow side. Give them time to prepare for the rigors of the nba (much more physical, longer season, lots of rookies hit the wall. I think they both are a few years away from being significant players. Im so excited about there potential (along with Randle, Nance, Dlo, etc)
Gomur
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

Lots of talk about Randle starting over Nance. And a large segment wondering if Nance can take the spot from him.

I'd be interested to see how Randle and Nance share the floor together. Especially if either of them (both of them?) can develop that outside shot. Nance brings that energy on defense. Randle a capable double double each night. And they can both impress on the open floor.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:08 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Starters:
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Randle
Mozgov

Bench:
Calderon
Lou
Ingram
Nance
Black

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Deng
Nance Jr/Randle

Like this

Exactly how I envision it too. I think Nance is coming for Randle's spot in the starting and/or closing lineups.
But Randle ain't havin' it.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
I think Luke can establish a solid 10 man rotation with all the depth we have...

Russell/Clarkson/Calderon
Clarkson/Lou/Russell
Deng/Ingram
Randle/Deng/Nance
Mozgov/Black

Huertas and Brown better work on their suit game. And as far as Zuboc, hopefully he can absorb as much knowledge as he can and continue developing physically.

I believe you nailed it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

Our bench will be so much more improved this year.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Going from bench lineups that included Lou, Huertas, Kelly, Nance Jr, Bass, and Young to lineups that will include Lou, Calderon, Ingram, Nance Jr with more experience and skill, Black, and Zubac.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Going from bench lineups that included Lou, Huertas, Kelly, Nance Jr, Bass, and Young to lineups that will include Lou, Calderon, Ingram, Nance Jr with more experience and skill, Black, and Zubac.

None of last year's bench should have (no way Lou should have started as many games as he did) contended or played starter's minutes.

This year, you can argue that Ingram/Nance have shots at starting, but may not. Our bench will be really exciting to watch this year.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

None of last year's bench should have (no way Lou should have started as many games as he did) contended or played starter's minutes.

This year, you can argue that Ingram/Nance have shots at starting, but may not. Our bench will be really exciting to watch this year.

I'm going further, some of our players from last season shouldn't even find a roster spot around the league.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep. Our bench is one reason why I believe we'll be more competitive than many think (people like Shaq and Chuck are saying we're going to win about 20 games). We can run a legit 9 or 10 man rotation that gives the opposition different looks. Running that many guys will also make it easier for us to play uptempo ball. Everyone focuses on keeping the pace high and playing with energy for your time on the court.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep. Our bench is one reason why I believe we'll be more competitive than many think (people like Shaq and Chuck are saying we're going to win about 20 games). We can run a legit 9 or 10 man rotation that gives the opposition different looks. Running that many guys will also make it easier for us to play uptempo ball. Everyone focuses on keeping the pace high and playing with energy for your time on the court.

WAY more versatility on this team too.

We now add Ingram/Deng who can play multiple positions as well. We were way deficient at SF with Kobe/Swaggy/ABrown; now we have Deng/Ingram/Brown.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I'm a Randle fan but it's not looking good for him with the Deng signing and improvement of Nance. Also, as Ingram gets stronger he'll be able to play some PF. Randle really has to show that he improved his jumpshot because he has a lot of competition.

Well there's always the possibility that Randle has improved as well and that we just haven't seen it with him not playing SPL ball. And Nance's emergence does not necessarily preclude his playing time; it's expected they'll often play alongside each other as PF/C. Even with Deng playing PF at times, I expect there to be about 50 minutes a night to split between Nance and Randle between PF and backup C.
lakersboi1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:18 pm    Post subject:

RUSSELL CALDERON Lou
INGRAM Clarkson
DENG Ingram
NANCE Randle
MOZGAV Black

Starting lineup full of length
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
Russell/Clarkson/Deng/Randle/Mozgov.
Calderon/Lou/Ingram/Nance Jr./Black.

Gets it.

This is it.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject:

The only stumbling point I see is who will get more minutes between Zubac and Blac?

Perhaps initially Black, but I think (or hope) that by the end of the season, Zubac will be taking minutes away from Black AND Mosgov...
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
The Logo wrote:
Starters:
Russell
Clarkson
Deng
Randle
Mozgov

Bench:
Calderon
Lou
Ingram
Nance
Black

Russell
Clarkson
Ingram
Deng
Nance Jr/Randle

Like this

Pretty legit.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:53 am    Post subject:

regardless of who starts I'm hoping that the minutes distribution is something like this

1)Russ
2)Clarkson
3)Deng
4)Randle/Nance (who ever plays better)
5)Ingram
6)Mosgov

descending order (most minutes to least)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:26 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
The only stumbling point I see is who will get more minutes between Zubac and Blac?

Perhaps initially Black, but I think (or hope) that by the end of the season, Zubac will be taking minutes away from Black AND Mosgov...

I see Zubac taking an Andrew Bynum trajectory.

1st year for Bynum was pedestrian, garbage time. 2nd year put up something like 8 ppg level.

Black is basically on a 1 year deal, so he will have to show out or be replaced by Zub next season.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject:

I actually won't be surprised if Zubac is taking more of Blacks minutes in the second half of the season. He just offers more on both sides of the ball
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
I actually won't be surprised if Zubac is taking more of Blacks minutes in the second half of the season. He just offers more on both sides of the ball

I think the backup C spot is Black's b/c he offers a different look than Moz. Zubac, while a somewhat different player, is a bit of the plodding big man archetype and we have that with Moz at this point.

Now, if Moz has an injury, then we're obviously looking at Black/Zub getting more minutes.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:43 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
This is hard to answer, as I feel the Lakers aren't done moving players around just yet and that another trade is going to happen which will alter the landscape some more.

Same for me. I would expect that the FO is at least trying to swing a move. Otherwise, I would go with the OPs lineup adding that Ingram will probably also get some burn as the 3rd SG as well as Luke just trying out various lineups. If Lou is traded then that could all change. The other big unknown is how much Zubac will be able to contribute. He may demand more minutes than anticipated.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
This is hard to answer, as I feel the Lakers aren't done moving players around just yet and that another trade is going to happen which will alter the landscape some more.

Same for me. I would expect that the FO is at least trying to swing a move. Otherwise, I would go with the OPs lineup adding that Ingram will probably also get some burn as the 3rd SG as well as Luke just trying out various lineups. If Lou is traded then that could all change. The other big unknown is how much Zubac will be able to contribute. He may demand more minutes than anticipated.

IMO after looking at this roster it becomes quite apparent that we still need a back-up guard that is a defensive stalwart and a good three point shooter.

We are in dire need of someone that plays stellar perimeter defense.

Maybe Brandon, as the 3rd SG, can be that guy!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I see Zubac taking an Andrew Bynum trajectory.

1st year for Bynum was pedestrian, garbage time. 2nd year put up something like 8 ppg level.

Black is basically on a 1 year deal, so he will have to show out or be replaced by Zub next season.

Comparing rookie seasons I think that Zubac is at least one season ahead of where Bynum was, maybe two. Of course he is older as well with more experience, so that shouldn't be a shocker. I think he can get 8-10 mpg this season.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:

I actually won't be surprised with Zubac taking a lot of Mozgov minutes in the second half of Mozgov's deal

Last edited by nash on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Jump to: