Laker Film Room partnership w/the NBA & Broadband TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Laker Film Room partnership w/the NBA & Broadband TV

GoldenThroat wrote:
Just wanted to share a bit of good news with you guys. The NBA & Broadband TV have partnered to create NBA Playmakers, which is a platform that features who they consider to be the best NBA-related content creators on the internet. I've been chosen by them to produce Laker-centric content for them.

Basically, it will give me access to all of the NBA footage that I would need (including some behind the scenes stuff), several tools to help me grow the channel, potential promotion on various NBA apps & platforms, potential for NBA brand partners to advertise on my channel, etc. I'll be able to get some free tickets here and there too, as well as an advance copy of 2k17.

Thanks for all of your guys' support w/this. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Congrats, brotha. This honor is well-deserved. Looking forward to seeing more of your vids in the upcoming years.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:52 am    Post subject:

Holy (bleep)! That's fantastic news and very well deserved. Larry, DB, emplay, Wilt and you. If only we could convince 24 to do something useful with his life beyond manning a strawberry stand on the side of the road.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:29 am    Post subject:

Doin' big thangs, GT. Congrats!
paolomagma
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject:

This is big news GT! Congrats!
Who knew you would get this kind of opportunity this fast? Nice work!

Be careful with those contracts though. A lot of Youtube creators get the short end of the stick by being strong armed by bigger, more influencial companies.

Nevertheless, This is great news!
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject:

Congrats GT!
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
That is awesome. Congrats!

Now the real question is, will you continue to be able to use those 90's/early 2000s hip-hop instrumentals?

Sadly, no.

They need to monetize the videos, and they can't do that with copyrighted material on them. The money on my vids so far has been going to the musical acts that I was using. I'll have free access to a library of 30,000+, rights-free songs, which is cool because that was expensive when I looked into it, but I doubt any of 'em will be the classic joints that I was using.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

paolomagma wrote:

Be careful with those contracts though. A lot of Youtube creators get the short end of the stick by being strong armed by bigger, more influencial companies.

I appreciate your word of caution, that's something that crossed my mind as well. I was mostly just doing this as a hobby, but from a business perspective my biggest currency at this point is exposure and building a brand. This partnership should help me reach a lot more Laker fans. Also, due to the nature of what I'm doing, I need consistent access to game footage, and have been basically posting my previous vids until they get taken down, so having authorized footage will be huge for me.

My biggest concern is access. I really hope that I'm able to utilize whatever footage I need to be able to make these. And I'm going to make an effort to learn how to improve the production value of the vids as well.

I have the benefit of this not being how I put food on my table, and worst case scenario, it's only a 1 year contract. Maybe they trade my expiring k at the deadline.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:46 am    Post subject:

It's about time.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject:

Congrats, it's good to see good work get recognized and rewarded so quickly. Keep up the good works.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:43 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

I appreciate your word of caution, that's something that crossed my mind as well. I was mostly just doing this as a hobby, but from a business perspective my biggest currency at this point is exposure and building a brand. This partnership should help me reach a lot more Laker fans. Also, due to the nature of what I'm doing, I need consistent access to game footage, and have been basically posting my previous vids until they get taken down, so having authorized footage will be huge for me.

My biggest concern is access. I really hope that I'm able to utilize whatever footage I need to be able to make these. And I'm going to make an effort to learn how to improve the production value of the vids as well.

I have the benefit of this not being how I put food on my table, and worst case scenario, it's only a 1 year contract. Maybe they trade my expiring k at the deadline.

cutting video is the first step to becoming an NBA head coach these days GT

keep grinding and we'll see you in the NBA soon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

How freaking awesome would that be? I really could see they lakers putting you on staff in some capacity as you continue to do well in this GT.

That would be amazing!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

nice. Congrats GT. i still love your voice on those video's
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:55 am    Post subject:

Congratulations it's a well deserved honor.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Before long you may be a video coordinator in the league

Grats, GT
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) awesome!! Good for you, GT. Congratulations!

Can't wait to see what you put together for us.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:48 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

DO IT, MITCH!
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Film Room partnership w/the NBA & Broadband TV

GoldenThroat wrote:
Just wanted to share a bit of good news with you guys. The NBA & Broadband TV have partnered to create NBA Playmakers, which is a platform that features who they consider to be the best NBA-related content creators on the internet. I've been chosen by them to produce Laker-centric content for them.

Basically, it will give me access to all of the NBA footage that I would need (including some behind the scenes stuff), several tools to help me grow the channel, potential promotion on various NBA apps & platforms, potential for NBA brand partners to advertise on my channel, etc. I'll be able to get some free tickets here and there too, as well as an advance copy of 2k17.

Thanks for all of your guys' support w/this. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

Awesome news! Were you approached by the NBA because of the recent videos you created, or did you initiate the conversations?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Film Room partnership w/the NBA & Broadband TV

RCS926 wrote:
Awesome news! Were you approached by the NBA because of the recent videos you created, or did you initiate the conversations?

They reached out to me. A Broadband TV rep asked for an email contact address in the comments section of the Ingram video and it went from there.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Congrats!!! That's a great news!

I was wondering what happened to your channel.
where do we look to find your content from now on?
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Don't you be forgetting where you came from Mr. Man! Turning all Hollywood on us...

Congratz though in seriousness...if anyone had any doubt as to which Sports forum is the best, here's exhibit A.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Laker Film Room partnership w/the NBA & Broadband TV

GoldenThroat wrote:

Congrats bro
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
paolomagma wrote:

Just take the LeBron approach... keep signing 1+1s with a player option
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Congrats GT!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:22 am    Post subject:

Congrats! Looking forward to the videos.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: